Diez de Mayo, Sabado 2008

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

The Pink Monkey asks, "besides sipping, what else do you do with your tea, the one you do most?"

Medicinal
11%
Scenting
No votes
Cooking
21%
Crafting
5%
Spa treatments...TeaBath anyone?
11%
ummm, smokin'
13%
Other
39%

Total votes: 38

May 10th, '08, 14:08

by omegapd » May 10th, '08, 14:08

I was fixing to say nothing also, until I read Thinking's post and yeah, I've mailed a few teas to some friends...

Good tea day so far. Genmai Cha at work, Scottish Breakfast at home and finishing up with some Adagio's Pineapple.

EW

May 10th, '08, 14:20

by henley » May 10th, '08, 14:20

Have never done anything w/tea other than mail it but the used tea leaves for plant mulch is a great idea! :idea: Thanx! :wink:

Made a large pot of Monk's Blend Organic for bfast this morning. Everybody liked it so I will definitely be reordering. Omegapd, have you tried this one? It's got a very smooth flavor w/no bitterness. I got it from NM Tea. It's fast becoming my favorite unflavored black tea.

Will have to go play w/some of my other samples while the kids are down for nap. It's always fun to try new teas. :D

Happy Bday, jazz88! Hope it's a great day.

May 10th, '08, 15:26

by Beidao » May 10th, '08, 15:26

I don't do that much with my tea, but some days ago I actually pressed and dried my used Ti Kuan Yin leaves. They came out beautifully so I will experiment more with this.

Today I've had a lot of coffea at work. I also did some bag tea English Breakfast, left it too cool but then couldn't find it, so that doesn't count I guess. Later I went to a coffeeshop and had Pai Mu Tan. Looked like black tea, tasted like underbrewed black tea, disgustingly boring. Took some jasmine tea instead that was totally bitter. Yuck. Went to another place, ordered pu ehr. When I was there three days ago they had WONDERFUL pu ehr. Now it tasted like car tire.

Bad tea day so far! Now it's my last chance to get a decent cup. Hm. Think I will have some white.
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

May 10th, '08, 17:06
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 10th, '08, 17:06

Happy birthday jazz88, wherever you are!

It is an eerily quiet day on TeaChat...did everyone quit drinking tea today?

Moving on now to the challenging Hatsumi. I am a little relieved that I am not the only person struggling a bit with this one. The first 2 steeps are just ?intense?

The fact that the first 2 steeps seem so intense tell me that letting it sit a couple weeks might make it a little mellower. I did this with another sencha recently and loved it after the "rest." I will finish the portion I placed into a sample tin, the let it rest. Besides, more shincha to try!!!

May 10th, '08, 17:10

by Chip » May 10th, '08, 17:10

Victoria wrote:Welcome ShinCha!! We drink a lot of oolongs around here. Maybe you should join a green board. :wink:

For the poll - TeaBaths of course! My morning brew is Darjeeling.

Happy Saturday everyone!
Hmmm, I thought this was the green tea board :wink: :lol: :twisted:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 10th, '08, 17:34

by ThinkingOutLoud » May 10th, '08, 17:34

Since our new friend ShinCha is concerned that no one is drinking today, I will fess up to having a really nice mug of white peony / casablanca twist. Nice mix for me.

May 10th, '08, 17:36

by daughteroftheKing » May 10th, '08, 17:36

Spent leaves (or icky teas that I no longer drink), go into the compost bin.

Today has been a 1-tea day: Adagio's TGY. Perhaps later I'll switch to chamomile to make sure I sleep well tonight (Sundays are early mornings for me).
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

May 10th, '08, 18:23

by insanitylater » May 10th, '08, 18:23

spent leaves get thrown out my window and i usually aim where i won't be mowing. there are lovely wild flowers growing in that area and i won't cut them down

May 10th, '08, 18:45

by henley » May 10th, '08, 18:45

ShinCha wrote: It is an eerily quiet day on TeaChat...did everyone quit drinking tea today?
:idea: Perhaps everyone is out doing their last minute Mother's Day shopping. I had to go pick up a few necessities for the kids & the stores were crazy! Have you guys taken care of your wives & mothers? :wink:

Tried a new tea this afternoon. Don't know if I brewed it wrong or I just don't like it but the hojicha & I did NOT get along. I may give it one more try before it has to go live elsewhere!

May 10th, '08, 19:08

by Ed » May 10th, '08, 19:08

Houjicha gets no love. I just threw away a big bag of the stuff.

May 10th, '08, 19:25

by Wesli » May 10th, '08, 19:25

Compost.

May 10th, '08, 19:44

by Cinnamon Kitty » May 10th, '08, 19:44

My other usage for tea is definitely medicinally. Peppermint tea has been my solution to sinus headaches and stomach aches for years. My mother used to give me tea with lemon and honey to soothe sore throats and colds. Tea may not solve problems, but it helps make things better.

Today has been a slow tea day. I've gotten as far as a bottle of iced White Peach and White Blueberry blend that I made last night. It was really tasty. It is time for a hot tea now though. Yay for Fukamushi Sencha Supreme in my new cup. I found a 5 or 6 oz hand made cup from a local artist at a shop in town for $6 so I could not resist getting it. The inside glaze is the same color as the fukamushi. This is awesome!

May 10th, '08, 21:43

by Victoria » May 10th, '08, 21:43

CK post your cup pic!!!

This afternoon I had a ginger peach white tea. It was ok, I think I would prefer that combo in a black. I'm coming to the realization I don't most flavored teas.

Also today was my first shincha thanks to Cinnamon Kitty!
Thank you!

Happy Bday, jazz88!

May 10th, '08, 21:45

by Victoria » May 10th, '08, 21:45

ShinCha wrote:
Victoria wrote:Welcome ShinCha!! We drink a lot of oolongs around here. Maybe you should join a green board. :wink:
Ummm...

May 10th, '08, 21:53

by henley » May 10th, '08, 21:53

Victoria wrote:
ShinCha wrote:
Ummm ...
:wink: