MONDAY, TeaDay 5/12/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Galileo's Daughter asked, "Have you ever had tea so bad that you tossed it into the trash?"

Yes, I have thrown away more than one bad tea
37
61%
Yes, but there was only one that was so bad that I threw it away
5
8%
I have had teas that were bad enough to trash, but I can't bear to throw away tea, so I just kept them (without drinking them)
11
18%
I have had teas that were bad enough to trash, but I can't bear to throw away tea, so I just forced myself to drink them
3
5%
No, so far so good
2
3%
Other
3
5%
 
Total votes: 61

Postby henley » May 12th, '08, 22:58

Hey, Victoria. Did a certain TeaFriend who shall remain nameless ever keep his end of the bargain? :wink: I know yesterday was Mother's Day & I'm sure he spent the day being a very good son but he's had all day today to pick up that gauntlet!
User avatar henley
Posts: 674
Joined: Aug 28, '07
Location: Northeast Georgia

Postby insanitylater » May 12th, '08, 23:14

i have dumped some old teas but never in the trash just out the window. i obviously did this with my grandmother out of the house because she would leave it sitting for years even if it isn't being touched. i don't understand it but if she doesn't know it won't bother her

today was a green tea day

o-cha powdered sencha
xu fu long ya
farmer's shincha
more xu fu long ya
User avatar insanitylater
Posts: 231
Joined: Feb 17, '08
Location: New Jersey
Contact insanitylater:

Postby witches brew » May 12th, '08, 23:22

Yes, I throw out tisanes when they become stale. I have also discarded some samples that weren't to my taste.

I also pitched a near-full canister of Rishi something hibiscus and ginger tisane in the trash. I VIOLENTLY dislike the taste of ginger except for pickled ginger. When something tastes that vile to me, I have a hard time recalling that there are others who really enjoy the flavor of ginger.

I haven't had a good cup of anything since Friday morning. For a place that prides itself on its food, the tea doesn't rise to the occasion.
User avatar witches brew
Posts: 223
Joined: Feb 14, '08
Location: New York

Postby Chip » May 12th, '08, 23:41

witches brew wrote:Yes, I throw out tisanes when they become stale. I have also discarded some samples that weren't to my taste.

I also pitched a near-full canister of Rishi something hibiscus and ginger tisane in the trash. I VIOLENTLY dislike the taste of ginger except for pickled ginger. When something tastes that vile to me, I have a hard time recalling that there are others who really enjoy the flavor of ginger.

I haven't had a good cup of anything since Friday morning. For a place that prides itself on its food, the tea doesn't rise to the occasion.


Ginger is to witches as garlic is to vampires...I never knew that!

"For a place that prides itself on its food, the tea doesn't rise to the occasion" this requires some explanation!!!
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22817
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Victoria » May 12th, '08, 23:47

henley wrote:Hey, Victoria. Did a certain TeaFriend who shall remain nameless ever keep his end of the bargain? :wink: I know yesterday was Mother's Day & I'm sure he spent the day being a very good son but he's had all day today to pick up that gauntlet!


Hmmm that is a good question. Maybe that is why we haven't see CHIP around.
Hummmmm.
User avatar Victoria
Posts: 8186
Joined: Jan 08, '08
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Contact Victoria:

Postby Ladytiger » May 12th, '08, 23:49

I've thrown tea samples that I didn't like.
User avatar Ladytiger
Posts: 269
Joined: Jan 07, '08
Location: Pennslyvania
Contact Ladytiger:

Postby devites » May 13th, '08, 00:03

If I don't like a tea, it just sits. Luckily it rarely happens.
User avatar devites
Posts: 254
Joined: Feb 17, '08
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact devites:

Postby Chip » May 13th, '08, 00:27

Victoria wrote:
henley wrote:Hey, Victoria. Did a certain TeaFriend who shall remain nameless ever keep his end of the bargain? :wink: I know yesterday was Mother's Day & I'm sure he spent the day being a very good son but he's had all day today to pick up that gauntlet!


Hmmm that is a good question. Maybe that is why we haven't see CHIP around.
Hummmmm.


Ummmm, I did not say when :wink: Tomorrow perhaps!!!

Finished my tea day with Karigane. It is hard to get excited about naything but shincha these days.
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22817
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby henley » May 13th, '08, 00:33

ShinCha wrote:
Victoria wrote:
henley wrote:Hey, Victoria. Did a certain TeaFriend who shall remain nameless ever keep his end of the bargain? :wink: I know yesterday was Mother's Day & I'm sure he spent the day being a very good son but he's had all day today to pick up that gauntlet!


Hmmm that is a good question. Maybe that is why we haven't see CHIP around.
Hummmmm.


Ummmm, I did not say when :wink: Tomorrow perhaps!!!

Are you waiting for me to send you a girly teacup?
User avatar henley
Posts: 674
Joined: Aug 28, '07
Location: Northeast Georgia

Postby Victoria » May 13th, '08, 00:39

henley wrote:
ShinCha wrote:
Victoria wrote:
henley wrote:Hey, Victoria. Did a certain TeaFriend who shall remain nameless ever keep his end of the bargain? :wink: I know yesterday was Mother's Day & I'm sure he spent the day being a very good son but he's had all day today to pick up that gauntlet!


Hmmm that is a good question. Maybe that is why we haven't see CHIP around.
Hummmmm.


Ummmm, I did not say when :wink: Tomorrow perhaps!!!

Are you waiting for me to send you a girly teacup?


Yes, are you waiting on a girly cup, do tell?
User avatar Victoria
Posts: 8186
Joined: Jan 08, '08
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Contact Victoria:

Postby Chip » May 13th, '08, 00:52

*sips from tiny Japanese cup, slurping the Asian way*

I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate myself.

*slurp*
Last edited by Chip on May 13th, '08, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22817
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Sam. » May 13th, '08, 01:58

I said yes. I threw away a green anji sample as well as the dried fruit tisane sample from Adagio. Neither appealed to me. I probably should have offered them to a friend but I didn't think of that at the time.
User avatar Sam.
Posts: 340
Joined: Jan 27, '08
Location: Houston, TX
Contact Sam.:

Postby bi lew chun » May 13th, '08, 04:03

kocon wrote:I have a ton of rooibios. Thats gonna end up in the trash :roll:
Every time I try to drink it, I just stop with it right in front of my mouth. Just cant drink it.


Amen. :)

I trashed some ROT rooibos so I could use the tin, but even after rinsing and airing it out for several weeks I couldn't get that smell to go away. Perhaps one day I'll find a rooibos I like.
User avatar bi lew chun
Posts: 309
Joined: Apr 16, '08
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact bi lew chun:

Postby insanitylater » May 13th, '08, 09:47

rooibos is just rooibos so doubtful

i like it though
User avatar insanitylater
Posts: 231
Joined: Feb 17, '08
Location: New Jersey
Contact insanitylater:


Today's Poll



Community

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest