FRIDAY TeaDay 5/16/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Your ideal Tea vendor would have...?

Over 1000 teas of every type and region...a virtual world tea supermarket
6%
100s of teas many types and regions
18%
50-100 teas of multible types and regions
20%
25-50 teas of limited types or regions
12%
Less than 25 and very specialized
34%
Other
10%

Total votes : 50

Postby Ron Gilmour » May 16th, '08, 16:54

With all this talk about good vendors, I'd just like to mention that I got my order from Adagio today. I placed it yesterday with the default shipping option. Yep, 24-hour delivery.

So now I'm on my second steep of Darjeeling #22 and wishing that I'd bought more than just a sample. It's an excellent second flush at a good price. Hey...second steep, second flush, #22...I feel like Harvey Dent. :twisted:
Ron Gilmour

Postby Chip » May 16th, '08, 18:29

Adagio is a great vendor and has a great selection of everyday drinkers! I am awaiting their new crop of Japanese sencha.

Unfortuantely...or fortunately, I need to have 10-15 different sencha during the course of the year.

Thanx to Sal, I just thoroughly enjoyed 5 steeps of Fukamushi Supreme. This is really good, smooth yet very flavorful. It is outstanding. I have 2 bags of this in cold storage for a tasting I am doing in a week or so, I cannot open it til then, Sal was nice enough to help a TeaBrother out.

2 Amazing shincha today already. I realized only a few hours ago that I had not eaten yet. Just really enjoying the tea sooo much today, I forgot about food.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Pentox » May 16th, '08, 18:36

Chip wrote:2 Amazing shincha today already. I realized only a few hours ago that I had not eaten yet. Just really enjoying the tea sooo much today, I forgot about food.

Eat your leaves!
Pentox

Postby auggy » May 16th, '08, 18:37

Chip wrote:Adagio is a great vendor and has a great selection of everyday drinkers!

I agree - drinking their TKY right now. Especially for having been shipped in a container that was missing the rubber seal ring and thus not airtight. :roll: Rest of the order is good, though. Had their Jasmine #12 yesterday. I did it at higher and lower temp and both were good but at the lower temp, it tasted almost creamy. Way cool.
auggy

Postby RussianSoul » May 16th, '08, 20:29

It was a wonderful sunny spring day today, and we biked to the Zoo. There we came upon a Lipton van and a tasting of their new ready-to-drink Green tea in a bottle. We were thirsty and went to try them. I tasted three and here's my opinion:

White Green - yuck!
Citron Green - yuck!
Raspberry Green - yuck!yuck!yuck!

There was nothing TEA in them. Sugar water and flavoring. The only qualities common with tea were: they were liquid and had the word Tea on the bottle.

I guess I am telling you nothing you don't know.
RussianSoul

Postby Chip » May 16th, '08, 20:51

RussianSoul wrote:It was a wonderful sunny spring day today, and we biked to the Zoo. There we came upon a Lipton van and a tasting of their new ready-to-drink Green tea in a bottle. We were thirsty and went to try them. I tasted three and here's my opinion:

White Green - yuck!
Citron Green - yuck!
Raspberry Green - yuck!yuck!yuck!

There was nothing TEA in them. Sugar water and flavoring. The only qualities common with tea were: they were liquid and had the word Tea on the bottle.

I guess I am telling you nothing you don't know.

Well, that and they do contain tea (extracts :roll: )

Shincha 3, Hashiri!!! Perhaps my best endeavor so far for this Tea De Force!

Inspectoring is TeaSwapping 2 of his bags of this first of the first picked. While I enjoy this rather astringent ("naive bitterness" per Den himself)and uncannily imbalanced enigmatic novelty, I warn you, it is not for everyone. :shock:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Cinnamon Kitty » May 16th, '08, 21:32

A small group of us took a professor who is moving to a different school out to dinner to a Moroccan Restaurant tonight. Not only was the food really good, but the tea was awesome. I did get a few strange looks from the other people when I opened up the tea pot after I ran out of tea and started poking at the tea leaves to see what they were. All I could tell is that it was a lot of fresh mint.

I spent most of the day before dinner packing up my dorm so I didn't have time for other teas. I hope to remedy that later tonight as I am refusing to pack up my tea stuff until I absolutely have to tomorrow.
Cinnamon Kitty

Postby Chip » May 17th, '08, 02:29

Cinnamon Kitty wrote:A small group of us took a professor who is moving to a different school out to dinner to a Moroccan Restaurant tonight. Not only was the food really good, but the tea was awesome. I did get a few strange looks from the other people when I opened up the tea pot after I ran out of tea and started poking at the tea leaves to see what they were. All I could tell is that it was a lot of fresh mint.

I spent most of the day before dinner packing up my dorm so I didn't have time for other teas. I hope to remedy that later tonight as I am refusing to pack up my tea stuff until I absolutely have to tomorrow.

It was likely the famous Moroccan Mint. One of the first teas I drank was such a brew. :D

Today's poll results truthfully shocked me more than a little. The trend here is less is better as is specialization. If I was a vendor such as Upton, I would have to give that result a close examination. I would have believed the top vote getter would not have been the smallest option (although I voted for this as well).
Chip
Mod/Admin

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions