SATURDAY TeaDay 5/17/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Speaking of vendors, how many primary Tea vendors do you regularly use?

7%
18%
33%
18%
11%
4%
No votes
MORE!!!
9%

Total votes: 45

May 17th, '08, 15:50

by Ron Gilmour » May 17th, '08, 15:50

A gentle rain is falling here in upstate NY as I finish the last of my sample of 2003 Xiaguan Tuocha from Puerhshop. The earthiness of the tea goes so well with the rain and all the vibrant green outside. This one was included in the "taste of mellowness" package and got some bad reviews over on the pu list, but I'm quite enjoying it.

May 17th, '08, 15:59
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: My first time with Asamushi

by Chip » May 17th, '08, 15:59

Salsero wrote:Maiko’s Kinari, the perfect sencha for Ed: it tastes like green tea but the name sounds Irish, like his sort of ex.

After my first time with Asamushi, I want to whisper in her ear all the ways she is so different from her sister Fukamushi, but I can’t even begin.Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha, Chapter 4, p 168.

Well, at least for the pic below the only things about Asamushi that matter are that she has the bright yellow-green of Chinese Lu Cha and she photographs great in the nude.

The roses, what good are they if a man has no one to give them to?
I love the quote too...seems we are not the only ones TeaObsessed!!!

The photo is back to your simpler style and I really like it!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 17th, '08, 16:07

by Katrina » May 17th, '08, 16:07

Chip wrote:TKY from adagio is tea 2 of the day, always a good cup...
Hey Chip - I guess we were on the same wave length. I'm brewing some Adagio TKY as we speak.

I guess I'm not very loyal. I easily order from 7+ vendors. I like to experiment. Some have been good finds and some I will never order from again.

In the tea cabinet right now are Adagio (of course), Tealuxe, Tea Zone, Just4Tea, Mark T. Wendell, Upton, Indonique, Yogic Chai, and a bunch that I just have 1 or 2 teas from.

Off to drink the aforementioned TKY. Then heading out for ice cream. What a good day.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

May 17th, '08, 16:23

by TimeforTea » May 17th, '08, 16:23

Chip wrote:
tenuki wrote:Dirty Pictures...

Clicky
V
Image <-- Clicky
^
Clicky
I feel I should call you maestro! Very well composed...and fun to watch.
Very cool, Tenuki! 8) Is that cat a tea drinker?

May 17th, '08, 18:08

by brandon » May 17th, '08, 18:08

I voted MOAR!
And to show our love for Sal, I tried to copy the style of this composition. I am sorry to say I left out the substance.

It is a little dark, but I am sure you can make it out.

May 17th, '08, 19:51

by tenuki » May 17th, '08, 19:51

Teasweetie wrote: Is that cat a tea drinker?
No, water only, and only from either one particular ceramic bowl, the lower birdbath ( I think she does it to piss off the birds ) or the shower. Finicky beyond belief. If she did drink tea I think she would be a single estate first flush darjeeling from
pre-1875 Mintons bone china tea service with pinky raised and crumpets only sort of gal.
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

May 17th, '08, 19:59

by RussianSoul » May 17th, '08, 19:59

tenuki wrote:
No, water only, and only from either one particular ceramic bowl, the lower birdbath ( I think she does it to piss off the birds ) or the shower. Finicky beyond belief. If she did drink tea I think she would be a single estate first flush darjeeling from
pre-1875 Mintons bone china tea service with pinky raised and crumpets only sort of gal.
This sounds so like my cat! She used to drink only from a fish bowl, when we had a fish, a sink in one bathroom or a faucet in a tub. Then the fish died, and his bowl went away, so the cat only agrees to drink from a large glass mixing bowl that must be situated in the same spot the aquarium used to be. Go figure!

Drinking Lion Xi Hu Long Jing 2008 from TeaSpring. I think everyone has to go get themselves some of that.

May 17th, '08, 21:10

by tenuki » May 17th, '08, 21:10

Chip wrote:
tenuki wrote:Dirty Pictures...

Clicky
I feel I should call you maestro! Very well composed...and fun to watch.
Thanks.

I'm hoping you mean my 'Dirty Careless Fu Style', cause that video took about an hour to throw together and most of that was spent figuring out iMovie's 'new and improved' interface - geese, is there such a thing as tooo intuitive? It's new and improved for sure, but if you are used to something else it takes awhile for the easier workflow to sink in.

Gong Fu Up!!

May 17th, '08, 21:11

by tenuki » May 17th, '08, 21:11

brandon wrote:I voted MOAR!
And to show our love for Sal, I tried to copy the style of this composition. I am sorry to say I left out the substance.

It is a little dark, but I am sure you can make it out.
Nice, glad to see you stretching yourself, Sal needs some competition!

Yeah teacups!
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

May 17th, '08, 21:28

by auggy » May 17th, '08, 21:28

I went with 3 vendors - Adagio, Special Teas and Den's seem to be the current winners, though I will branch out for special samples of some goodies.

Wedding cake blend this morning - yum! Oolong #40 this afternoon (good but a little too dark for me - would be a good morning tea, I think). Next, a sencha, though I'm not sure which one.

May 17th, '08, 21:32

by Ladytiger » May 17th, '08, 21:32

I have three vendors that I buy from, Adagio, Upton, and Den's Tea.

Right now I'm having Yunnan Jig from Adagio which I've heard that people love but it seems too black for my tastes. I had to put sugar in it to make it somewhat pleasing and the taste is still not up to my standards. If anyone else likes this tell me how you prepare it.

May 17th, '08, 21:33

by tenuki » May 17th, '08, 21:33

Ron Gilmour wrote:A gentle rain is falling here in upstate NY as I finish the last of my sample of 2003 Xiaguan Tuocha from Puerhshop. The earthiness of the tea goes so well with the rain and all the vibrant green outside. This one was included in the "taste of mellowness" package and got some bad reviews over on the pu list, but I'm quite enjoying it.
Nice, I was looking at that one the other day, but I think I'm done ordering pu for the year after one more YS order. I like drinking pu in late winter and early spring, it's an acceptable alternative to not being able start planting. Rain, earth, yum.

I have to tell the story of when I first drank pu, sorry if you've heard this before.

A friend offered me something called 'Forrest Floor', and I'll try anything once. The smell was overpowering on first sip and I stood rooted to the spot remembering this one punk band I was in a while back. We used to play in the basement of the drummers house, but it was more of an unheated crawl space (Madson Wisconsin in winter..). There was a pile of melting snow and leaves in one corner, and each of us had to dig a hole in the hard packed earth in order to stand up. The drummer managed somehow, but occasionally he would break a stick on the ceiling if things got wild. We each had a portable heater blasting right next to us, and the amps threw off some heat as well. Once we got rocking allwas well. Earth, dead leaves, snow, pleasant musty and ROCK AND ROLL!!!

May 17th, '08, 22:18

by Victoria » May 17th, '08, 22:18

It is so hot here today (92) I must be dazed - this magnolia oolong is growing on me. I've had two steeps and I just made a new batch.

I've stayed indoors with the A/C on, and had a lovely day .

May 17th, '08, 22:23

by Chip » May 17th, '08, 22:23

RussianSoul wrote:
tenuki wrote:
This sounds so like my cat! She used to drink only from a fish bowl, when we had a fish, a sink in one bathroom or a faucet in a tub. Then the fish died, and his bowl went away, so the cat only agrees to drink from a large glass mixing bowl that must be situated in the same spot the aquarium used to be. Go figure!

Drinking Lion Xi Hu Long Jing 2008 from TeaSpring. I think everyone has to go get themselves some of that.
Honey Bell (after the tangelo, my fav) drinks only from a betta fish bowl...really grosses me out. Not interested in the fish though.

I was wild and crazy...well, unconventional and had to do an odd combo. The last of a Fukamushi Supreme sample from Sal with a little Hashiri Asamushi. This seemed unwise at the time...and in this case the whole is LESS than the sum of its parts. :oops:

Can't win them all.

May 17th, '08, 22:32

by Chip » May 17th, '08, 22:32

Katrina wrote:
Chip wrote:TKY from adagio is tea 2 of the day, always a good cup...
Hey Chip - I guess we were on the same wave length. I'm brewing some Adagio TKY as we speak.

I guess I'm not very loyal. I easily order from 7+ vendors. I like to experiment. Some have been good finds and some I will never order from again.

In the tea cabinet right now are Adagio (of course), Tealuxe, Tea Zone, Just4Tea, Mark T. Wendell, Upton, Indonique, Yogic Chai, and a bunch that I just have 1 or 2 teas from.

Off to drink the aforementioned TKY. Then heading out for ice cream. What a good day.
Yeah, I knew you were... :wink:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!