SATURDAY TeaDay 5/17/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Speaking of vendors, how many primary Tea vendors do you regularly use?

7%
18%
33%
18%
11%
4%
No votes
MORE!!!
9%

Total votes : 45

Postby TimeforTea » May 17th, '08, 13:13

chamekke wrote:I am a gaiwan virgin.

Part of me wants to remain pure, actually. It's expensive enough to be a fan of Japanese teawares without looking longingly towards China!

Chamekke--you can get decent gaiwans online for $15. PM me and I'll give you some websites.
TimeforTea

Postby Chip » May 17th, '08, 13:13

Teasweetie wrote:
Victoria wrote:Today's poll has been a focus of mine lately. I have decided I buy way too much tea, and I need to cut down my bookmarks and stop visiting other than my favorite vendors. And YES, I am deleting my bookmarks!

DELETING bookmarks?! Wow. Last night, I spent a couple of hours just organizing my tea bookmarks into tea subcategories: teaware...blogs...tea to get...vendors by type of tea...! :oops:

I should take Victoria's example, but I am more stockpiling and organizing like Teasweetie when it comes to bookmarks. I will never use 95% of them.

I have 3 primary Japanese tea vendors which is my fav these days. :roll: One primary Chines and one primary Taiwanese and one primary overall...so, that is 6. I should have had higher options perhaps in the poll today.

Congrats on your gaiwan experience, TS.

Kirameki Shincha in my cup so far. This is really good. I definitely like this over the much more pricey Hashiri, which I will likely have a little later.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » May 17th, '08, 13:20

chamekke wrote:I am a gaiwan virgin.

Part of me wants to remain pure, actually. It's expensive enough to be a fan of Japanese teawares without looking longingly towards China!

P.S. "Which part"? Ha ha. Ever the queen of inadvertent straight lines...

:lol:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby tenuki » May 17th, '08, 13:23

Salsero wrote:
tenuki wrote:Dirty Pictures
Very nice, Tenuki. Thanks for letting us watch! And we didn't even have to get our fingers dirty.

Thanks, you noticed my hands were filthy eh? I can tell you that good garden dirt does not taste bad with good Wu Yi. Just don't chew... :lol:
tenuki

Postby Victoria » May 17th, '08, 13:55

Before me this morning are 30 ounces of bad tea.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

One is a Ceylon sample - that is probably "ok" but I don't LOVE it. Part of my continuing effort to get through ALL - as in - EVERY ONE of my BLACK samples THIS WEEK.

Second is a Magnolia oolong. In a somewhat desperate attempt to duplicate the delicate and lovely oolong tea served at a local Chinese restaurant, I bought this one with high expectations. The scent is DIVINE - the flavor is sadly, lacking.

My philosophy on scented teas are they should be smelled but not tasted.
Victoria

Postby Chip » May 17th, '08, 14:22

tenuki wrote:Dirty Pictures...

Clicky
V
Image <-- Clicky
^
Clicky

I feel I should call you maestro! Very well composed...and fun to watch.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby insanitylater » May 17th, '08, 14:24

Teasweetie wrote:
tenuki wrote:
Teasweetie wrote:I love using the gaiwan!

Cool! so it went well then? You're gonna get hooked. :D

You guys on IM were great! I don't know why I thought it'd be difficult. I didn't burn my hand, and I didn't spill too much... Anyways, I can tell I'm already hooked!
i knew you would like it :D

right now i don't have any set vendors since i'm only just getting into buying tea online but the ones i have personally used have been great. adaigo, o-cha, hibiki. thanks to dizzwave, salsero, and marky i have also tried some from other vendors i might order from soon.

i only just woke up a couple hours ago! so i've only had my usual powdered sencha and some puerh maiden shu i didn't finish last night.
Last edited by insanitylater on May 17th, '08, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
insanitylater

Postby Chip » May 17th, '08, 14:25

Victoria wrote: Before me this morning are 30 ounces of bad tea.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

One is a Ceylon sample - that is probably "ok" but I don't LOVE it. Part of my continuing effort to get through ALL - as in - EVERY ONE of my BLACK samples THIS WEEK.

Second is a Magnolia oolong. In a somewhat desperate attempt to duplicate the delicate and lovely oolong tea served at a local Chinese restaurant, I bought this one with high expectations. The scent is DIVINE - the flavor is sadly, lacking.

GRRRRRRRRRRR...like a flower, should be smelled and not tasted (most times) Still, a soft spot for Jasmine dragon pearls that have it all IMHO.

Have a cup of your fav OOLONG, Victoria as a reward for your hard work. Some Long Juan maybe? Or a new new fav...
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Victoria » May 17th, '08, 14:36

Chip wrote:
Victoria wrote: Before me this morning are 30 ounces of bad tea.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

GRRRRRRRRRRR...like a flower, should be smelled and not tasted (most times) Still, a soft spot for Jasmine dragon pearls that have it all IMHO.

Have a cup of your fav OOLONG

Will do.
Victoria

Re: My first time with Asamushi

Postby Salsero » May 17th, '08, 14:38

henley wrote:Tonight is the Eagles concert!!! Image The kids are off to gma's & I've almost finished packing. Have a great weekend, everybody! I will...
I can't think of anyone who more deserves a fun weekend!
Salsero

Postby Chip » May 17th, '08, 14:45

Shincha?
Last edited by Chip on May 25th, '09, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby olivierco » May 17th, '08, 15:00

Chip wrote:
Kirameki Shincha in my cup so far. This is really good.

Kirameki also for me. Third steep right now. Excellent!
olivierco

Postby Victoria » May 17th, '08, 15:05

Chip wrote: shincha...your new fav!!!

Ummmm as everyone knows ... OOLONG.
Victoria

Re: My first time with Asamushi

Postby Victoria » May 17th, '08, 15:07

henley wrote: Tonight is the Eagles concert!!! Image The kids are off to gma's & I've almost finished packing. Have a great weekend, everybody! I will...Image

Enjoy your concert!! The Eagles are great in concert!! <Jealous>
Party on!
Victoria

Postby Chip » May 17th, '08, 15:45

Hypocrite that I am...TKY from adagio is tea 2 of the day, always a good cup...but I will be back to shincha very soon.
Last edited by Chip on May 25th, '09, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
Chip
Mod/Admin

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions