SATURDAY TeaDay 5/17/08


BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Speaking of vendors, how many primary Tea vendors do you regularly use?

1
3
7%
2
8
18%
3
15
33%
4
8
18%
5
5
11%
6
2
4%
7
0
No votes
MORE!!!
4
9%
 
Total votes : 45

Postby Ron Gilmour » May 17th, '08, 15:50

A gentle rain is falling here in upstate NY as I finish the last of my sample of 2003 Xiaguan Tuocha from Puerhshop. The earthiness of the tea goes so well with the rain and all the vibrant green outside. This one was included in the "taste of mellowness" package and got some bad reviews over on the pu list, but I'm quite enjoying it.
User avatar
Ron Gilmour
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Mar 1st, '0
Location: Ithaca, NY

Re: My first time with Asamushi

Postby Chip » May 17th, '08, 15:59

Salsero wrote:Maiko’s Kinari, the perfect sencha for Ed: it tastes like green tea but the name sounds Irish, like his sort of ex.

After my first time with Asamushi, I want to whisper in her ear all the ways she is so different from her sister Fukamushi, but I can’t even begin.Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha, Chapter 4, p 168.

Well, at least for the pic below the only things about Asamushi that matter are that she has the bright yellow-green of Chinese Lu Cha and she photographs great in the nude.

Image

The roses, what good are they if a man has no one to give them to?


I love the quote too...seems we are not the only ones TeaObsessed!!!

The photo is back to your simpler style and I really like it!
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22113
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Katrina » May 17th, '08, 16:07

Chip wrote:TKY from adagio is tea 2 of the day, always a good cup...


Hey Chip - I guess we were on the same wave length. I'm brewing some Adagio TKY as we speak.

I guess I'm not very loyal. I easily order from 7+ vendors. I like to experiment. Some have been good finds and some I will never order from again.

In the tea cabinet right now are Adagio (of course), Tealuxe, Tea Zone, Just4Tea, Mark T. Wendell, Upton, Indonique, Yogic Chai, and a bunch that I just have 1 or 2 teas from.

Off to drink the aforementioned TKY. Then heading out for ice cream. What a good day.
User avatar
Katrina
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Oct 18th, '
Location: Massachusetts

Postby TimeforTea » May 17th, '08, 16:23

Chip wrote:
tenuki wrote:Dirty Pictures...

Clicky
V
Image <-- Clicky
^
Clicky


I feel I should call you maestro! Very well composed...and fun to watch.


Very cool, Tenuki! 8) Is that cat a tea drinker?
User avatar
TimeforTea
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Feb 2nd, '0

Postby brandon » May 17th, '08, 18:08

I voted MOAR!
And to show our love for Sal, I tried to copy the style of this composition. I am sorry to say I left out the substance.

Image

It is a little dark, but I am sure you can make it out.
User avatar
brandon
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Sep 25th, '

Postby tenuki » May 17th, '08, 19:51

Teasweetie wrote: Is that cat a tea drinker?


No, water only, and only from either one particular ceramic bowl, the lower birdbath ( I think she does it to piss off the birds ) or the shower. Finicky beyond belief. If she did drink tea I think she would be a single estate first flush darjeeling from
pre-1875 Mintons bone china tea service with pinky raised and crumpets only sort of gal.
User avatar
tenuki
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Oct 23rd, '
Location: Seattle Area

Postby RussianSoul » May 17th, '08, 19:59

tenuki wrote:
Teasweetie wrote: Is that cat a tea drinker?


No, water only, and only from either one particular ceramic bowl, the lower birdbath ( I think she does it to piss off the birds ) or the shower. Finicky beyond belief. If she did drink tea I think she would be a single estate first flush darjeeling from
pre-1875 Mintons bone china tea service with pinky raised and crumpets only sort of gal.


This sounds so like my cat! She used to drink only from a fish bowl, when we had a fish, a sink in one bathroom or a faucet in a tub. Then the fish died, and his bowl went away, so the cat only agrees to drink from a large glass mixing bowl that must be situated in the same spot the aquarium used to be. Go figure!

Drinking Lion Xi Hu Long Jing 2008 from TeaSpring. I think everyone has to go get themselves some of that.
User avatar
RussianSoul
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Feb 11th, '

Postby tenuki » May 17th, '08, 21:10

Chip wrote:
tenuki wrote:Dirty Pictures...

Clicky



I feel I should call you maestro! Very well composed...and fun to watch.


Thanks.

I'm hoping you mean my 'Dirty Careless Fu Style', cause that video took about an hour to throw together and most of that was spent figuring out iMovie's 'new and improved' interface - geese, is there such a thing as tooo intuitive? It's new and improved for sure, but if you are used to something else it takes awhile for the easier workflow to sink in.

Gong Fu Up!!
User avatar
tenuki
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Oct 23rd, '
Location: Seattle Area

Postby tenuki » May 17th, '08, 21:11

brandon wrote:I voted MOAR!
And to show our love for Sal, I tried to copy the style of this composition. I am sorry to say I left out the substance.

Image

It is a little dark, but I am sure you can make it out.


Nice, glad to see you stretching yourself, Sal needs some competition!

Yeah teacups!
User avatar
tenuki
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Oct 23rd, '
Location: Seattle Area

Postby auggy » May 17th, '08, 21:28

I went with 3 vendors - Adagio, Special Teas and Den's seem to be the current winners, though I will branch out for special samples of some goodies.

Wedding cake blend this morning - yum! Oolong #40 this afternoon (good but a little too dark for me - would be a good morning tea, I think). Next, a sencha, though I'm not sure which one.
User avatar
auggy
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Feb 8th, '0
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Postby Ladytiger » May 17th, '08, 21:32

I have three vendors that I buy from, Adagio, Upton, and Den's Tea.

Right now I'm having Yunnan Jig from Adagio which I've heard that people love but it seems too black for my tastes. I had to put sugar in it to make it somewhat pleasing and the taste is still not up to my standards. If anyone else likes this tell me how you prepare it.
User avatar
Ladytiger
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Jan 7th, '0
Location: Pennslyvania

Postby tenuki » May 17th, '08, 21:33

Ron Gilmour wrote:A gentle rain is falling here in upstate NY as I finish the last of my sample of 2003 Xiaguan Tuocha from Puerhshop. The earthiness of the tea goes so well with the rain and all the vibrant green outside. This one was included in the "taste of mellowness" package and got some bad reviews over on the pu list, but I'm quite enjoying it.


Nice, I was looking at that one the other day, but I think I'm done ordering pu for the year after one more YS order. I like drinking pu in late winter and early spring, it's an acceptable alternative to not being able start planting. Rain, earth, yum.

I have to tell the story of when I first drank pu, sorry if you've heard this before.

A friend offered me something called 'Forrest Floor', and I'll try anything once. The smell was overpowering on first sip and I stood rooted to the spot remembering this one punk band I was in a while back. We used to play in the basement of the drummers house, but it was more of an unheated crawl space (Madson Wisconsin in winter..). There was a pile of melting snow and leaves in one corner, and each of us had to dig a hole in the hard packed earth in order to stand up. The drummer managed somehow, but occasionally he would break a stick on the ceiling if things got wild. We each had a portable heater blasting right next to us, and the amps threw off some heat as well. Once we got rocking allwas well. Earth, dead leaves, snow, pleasant musty and ROCK AND ROLL!!!
User avatar
tenuki
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Oct 23rd, '
Location: Seattle Area

Postby Victoria » May 17th, '08, 22:18

It is so hot here today (92) I must be dazed - this magnolia oolong is growing on me. I've had two steeps and I just made a new batch.

I've stayed indoors with the A/C on, and had a lovely day .
User avatar
Victoria
 
Posts: 8186
Joined: Jan 8th, '0
Location: Southern CA

Postby Chip » May 17th, '08, 22:23

RussianSoul wrote:
tenuki wrote:
Teasweetie wrote: Is that cat a tea drinker?


No, water only, and only from either one particular ceramic bowl, the lower birdbath ( I think she does it to piss off the birds ) or the shower. Finicky beyond belief. If she did drink tea I think she would be a single estate first flush darjeeling from
pre-1875 Mintons bone china tea service with pinky raised and crumpets only sort of gal.


This sounds so like my cat! She used to drink only from a fish bowl, when we had a fish, a sink in one bathroom or a faucet in a tub. Then the fish died, and his bowl went away, so the cat only agrees to drink from a large glass mixing bowl that must be situated in the same spot the aquarium used to be. Go figure!

Drinking Lion Xi Hu Long Jing 2008 from TeaSpring. I think everyone has to go get themselves some of that.


Honey Bell (after the tangelo, my fav) drinks only from a betta fish bowl...really grosses me out. Not interested in the fish though.

I was wild and crazy...well, unconventional and had to do an odd combo. The last of a Fukamushi Supreme sample from Sal with a little Hashiri Asamushi. This seemed unwise at the time...and in this case the whole is LESS than the sum of its parts. :oops:

Can't win them all.
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22113
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Chip » May 17th, '08, 22:32

Katrina wrote:
Chip wrote:TKY from adagio is tea 2 of the day, always a good cup...


Hey Chip - I guess we were on the same wave length. I'm brewing some Adagio TKY as we speak.

I guess I'm not very loyal. I easily order from 7+ vendors. I like to experiment. Some have been good finds and some I will never order from again.

In the tea cabinet right now are Adagio (of course), Tealuxe, Tea Zone, Just4Tea, Mark T. Wendell, Upton, Indonique, Yogic Chai, and a bunch that I just have 1 or 2 teas from.

Off to drink the aforementioned TKY. Then heading out for ice cream. What a good day.


Yeah, I knew you were... :wink:
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22113
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation