thursday TEADAY 5/22/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Is there a special significance to your TeaChat avatar?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes: 54

May 22nd, '08, 16:09
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 22nd, '08, 16:09

RussianSoul wrote:
henley wrote:The box is officially open & I'm finishing my first tea of the day. There were many choices but decided to try the Wen Mtn Baozhong Oolong. After steeping, it was a lighter oolong than I'm used to so I was scared it might taste "green" but it's been surprising pleasant. Off to try a second steep.
Yay! It is very good, I agree! :D
Henley, we will make you GREEN yet!!! :wink: Which Wen Shan Bao Zhong is this?

Russian Soul, thanx for sharing about the Hashiri earlier. I think you have hit upon a major point, less leaf. I have been using around 5 grams per 200ml (6.8 OZ). Olivier would go even higher. Since it is asamushi, I usually go higher. I will try less and see.

I personally think that the "naive bitterness" that Mr. Den speaks of with the Hashiri is a significant part of the tea intended to be brought out in the brewing. But that does not mean that is how we have to brew it. :D

May 22nd, '08, 16:17

by Victoria » May 22nd, '08, 16:17

Salsero wrote: The original image of Victoria's is ... well sexy would be the nice word for it. Is the original glass image a flat panel like a window or is it a three-dimensional figure of blown glass?
The original is a flat glass panel in either a door or a room divider I can't remember. I find it a stunning piece of modern-day art representing an ancient tradition.

May 22nd, '08, 16:18

by Victoria » May 22nd, '08, 16:18

In my afternoon cup - a prefect brew of Fu Shou from FLT.
Just as good as a calgon moment - it simply takes me away.
:D

May 22nd, '08, 16:29

by Scarlet Glow » May 22nd, '08, 16:29

Yes.

I play The Sims 2 a lot. In the Bon Voyage expansion pack there is a place to "vacation" to that has a middle eastern theme. At this place sims can dress in kamotos (spelling?) and drink tea.

So, this picture is supposed to be me in sim form drinking tea. :wink:

May 22nd, '08, 17:55

by Terrasi » May 22nd, '08, 17:55

There was a tornado like 10 miles from where I live!

It's all over the news... in Colorado anyway.

I suppose since I am unaffected in every way, I didn't need to tell teachatters...

In my cup now: Spring darjeeling

What should I order next? Will anyone vouch for genmaicha? I tried it once, a long time ago.

May 22nd, '08, 18:05

by Katrina » May 22nd, '08, 18:05

My avatar is a pretty decent representation of what I look like (or what I want you to think I look like...) 8)

No tea yet but I had an AMAZING morning. I got the chance to go to Mark T Wendell Tea and meet the co-owners and tour the facility. I can't even tell you how much fun I had...Plus I came home with some free tea. How cool is that?
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

May 22nd, '08, 18:22

by GalileosDaughter » May 22nd, '08, 18:22

No special meaning for my avatar. I just like it.

Assam Melody again.

May 22nd, '08, 19:38

by Cinnamon Kitty » May 22nd, '08, 19:38

My avatar is a piece of a picture that I took of my cup with some lilacs a few days. Its special meaning was simply that it is my cup and flowers from my family's garden. The original avatar was of my cat, Cinnamon photo-shopped in front of a background of tea leaves. Since I claim the name "Cinnamon Kitty" as a forum tag, it was a good representation for this forum. I wanted to get a picture of Cinnamon with the tea cup, but that plan hasn't worked yet.

Today has been busy yet again. I've had a travel mug of Casablanca Twist and am currently on the second steep of some White Tip Oolong. I will probably go through a few mugs of Vanilla Rooibos later this evening too. Dad said the Vanilla Rooibos smelled good, so I may make a pot to share.

May 22nd, '08, 20:18

by BonBon » May 22nd, '08, 20:18

Terrasi wrote:There was a tornado like 10 miles from where I live!

I suppose since I am unaffected in every way, I didn't need to tell teachatters...

What should I order next? Will anyone vouch for genmaicha? I tried it once, a long time ago.
In Windsor? I have family and a friend in Windsor that we haven't been able to reach yet.

I'm finally able to get home to my tea stash and making some Yutaka Midori. Not 2008 Shincha unfortunately.

May 22nd, '08, 20:59

by Chip » May 22nd, '08, 20:59

Glad to hear you are ok Terrasi!

Fun day...shincha arrived, Yutaka Midori, Miyabi, and Fukamusi Supreme...it goes without saying, I am a little caffeinated at the moment. :shock: Shincha packs a caffeine punch.

I packed a bunch of samples up for a tasting of Miyabi and Fukamushi Supreme...
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 22nd, '08, 21:08

by Chip » May 22nd, '08, 21:08

WOW, so many great avatar stories. Pretty amazing. I wanted to comment on so many of them, like Carnelian's imaginative blending music and tea into hers. I have seen her avatar for over 2 years and never knew.

THANX EVERYONE FOR SHARING TODAY!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 22nd, '08, 21:59

by anton » May 22nd, '08, 21:59

Well, I'm not sure I understand the question. I also am experiencing shincha mania. I'm on a third steep of Yutaka Midori. Love it.

May 22nd, '08, 22:08

by RussianSoul » May 22nd, '08, 22:08

Chip wrote:Which Wen Shan Bao Zhong is this?

Russian Soul, thanx for sharing about the Hashiri earlier. I think you have hit upon a major point, less leaf. I have been using around 5 grams per 200ml (6.8 OZ). Olivier would go even higher. Since it is asamushi, I usually go higher. I will try less and see.

I personally think that the "naive bitterness" that Mr. Den speaks of with the Hashiri is a significant part of the tea intended to be brought out in the brewing. But that does not mean that is how we have to brew it. :D
The Wen Shan Bao Zhong in the Tea Box was from Tao of Tea. I posted a mini review here.

On my end, now that I know that I can brew Hashiri sweet, I am planing to up the leaf and investigate the "naive bitterness". If I don't like it, I can always go back to sweet :D .
Last edited by RussianSoul on May 22nd, '08, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

May 22nd, '08, 22:14

by Terrasi » May 22nd, '08, 22:14

BonBon wrote:
Terrasi wrote:There was a tornado like 10 miles from where I live!

In Windsor? I have family and a friend in Windsor that we haven't been able to reach yet.

I'm finally able to get home to my tea stash and making some Yutaka Midori. Not 2008 Shincha unfortunately.
Yes in Windsor. You should keep trying to get ahold of them. I don't think there were more than a few deaths.

May 22nd, '08, 22:47

by GeoffK » May 22nd, '08, 22:47

<-

Picture of a morning cup of Mulberry tea I had in Laos. Amazing moment.