thursday TEADAY 5/22/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Is there a special significance to your TeaChat avatar?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes: 54

May 22nd, '08, 12:59

by TimeforTea » May 22nd, '08, 12:59

chamekke wrote:My avatar is is a handmade felt pin that I bought from a seller named lupin on Etsy. lupin makes lots of brightly-coloured felt pins and brooches, including many that are tea-related. For those who aren't familiar with it, Etsy is an e-commerce site for buying and selling handmade things.
Chamekke, I have always wondered what your avatar is! Thank you for sharing the background of it. How interesting that there is an e-commerce site for handmade things!

May 22nd, '08, 12:59

by henley » May 22nd, '08, 12:59

Teasweetie wrote: Henley, I loved your photo when you posted it! It looks fabulous as your avatar now, too!
Thanx! Glad you're enjoying the oolong #40. It's one of my favorites, too. I'm dying to order some of it but I've got a lot of tea to go through before placing another order. And especially w/the TeaPass box here (which I still can't wait to open!)

May 22nd, '08, 13:04

by witches brew » May 22nd, '08, 13:04

My avatar is the Great Teapot of Authority from my family. This is always the one that my mother used when we gathered for important occasions. It kept the tea warmest.

I have inherited the teapot, and the authority that goes along with it.

In my cup, Rooibos Tropica. I feel like slumbering through the day.
Brewing joy, happiness and green tea, like any good TeaWitch should!

May 22nd, '08, 13:25

by tenuki » May 22nd, '08, 13:25

chrl42 wrote: Image
I had a friend shaped like that.
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

May 22nd, '08, 13:30
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 22nd, '08, 13:30

Miyabi has landed in Reading, PA, Miyabi has landed!!!

When Teasweetie suggested this idea a few weeks ago, I was sure it would be a great topic. On a rare occasion I am actually correct. :lol:

My avie has been various pics of Mt. Fuji usually overlooking fields of tea in Shizuoka prefecture, Japan. This is my "TeaHome" where I maintain my TeaCave. I have come close to changing to a non Mt. Fuji avie for a while...just can't bring myself to do it..."there's no place like home."

In my cup, none other than Shincha Fukamushi. Sweet as usual, but a little low on octane today, lacking any detectable astringency. Still very good...

May 22nd, '08, 14:25

by olivierco » May 22nd, '08, 14:25

Just after dinner I had a nice bowl of koicha (7gr) Wakamatsu-no-mukashi (Ippodo) to finish the can.
Definitively a excellent matcha for a very reasonable price (about 20$, shipping costs included for 20gr.)

May 22nd, '08, 14:34

by LavenderPekoe » May 22nd, '08, 14:34

Hm, I don't even remember what my avatar is (don't see them on the RSS feed). I think it is a cartoon representation of me, kinda.

Today in the pessimist's mug we have had 2 steeps of Adagio's grapefruit oolong and I am on to a Mango black right now. I thought there was something else before the oolong, but I can't remember it, so maybe not.

I am waiting to break out my FF darjeelings for when my Kakora gets here next week.
Teas for trade:

May 22nd, '08, 14:38

by Salsero » May 22nd, '08, 14:38

RussianSoul wrote:In my cup - shincha Hashiri. I treaded very gingerly with it having been spooked by various reports of astringency ... Out of the three shinchas I tried this far (Hatsumi, Fuka Supreme and Hashiri), Hashiri is my favorite.
I don't know if I would go that far. It is good, but the Fuka Supreme is very good and I'm eager to taste the new year of Yutaka Midori and Miyabi. Oh, and I have some of the legendary Kirameki sitting in my pale imitation of the TeaFridge. So much tea so little time! Maybe, R-S, us getting spooked was a good thing, as my experience pretty much paralleled yours.

Yes, Chip, another fine topic; thanks to Teasweetie. BTW, Teasweetie, I have always liked your avatar very much; some images work great as tiny pics but most don't. Yours does. And of course we all witnessed the birth of Henley's sumptuous breakfast portrait. Unlike a lot of lovely photos, the breakfast works quite well as a tiny avatar. The original image of Victoria's is ... well sexy would be the nice word for it. Is the original glass image a flat panel like a window or is it a three-dimensional figure of blown glass?

I started out with an avatar of a tiny gong fu pot that I rarely use and decided it was pretentious. I replaced it with a shot of the 50¢ cup I actually use the most for my gong fu sessions. Somehow that just felt more honest. Now, however, that Chamekke and Joel have been dangling these yunomi and chataku in front of my bedroom eyes, I am tempted to be unfaithful to my leaping carp in favor of her more exotic Japanese cousins. So far I've made no commitments, but I do find myself scanning foreign sites a bit ...

May 22nd, '08, 14:40

by charizzi » May 22nd, '08, 14:40

My avie is from Mulan :lol:

Now I'm having Honeydew Melon White tea.

May 22nd, '08, 14:50

by olivierco » May 22nd, '08, 14:50

Chip wrote:Miyabi has landed in Reading, PA, Miyabi has landed!!!
Still waiting for it to reach France...

Darjeeling Risheehat SFTGFOP1 in a few minutes

May 22nd, '08, 14:51

by henley » May 22nd, '08, 14:51

The box is officially open & I'm finishing my first tea of the day. There were many choices but decided to try the Wen Mtn Baozhong Oolong. After steeping, it was a lighter oolong than I'm used to so I was scared it might taste "green" but it's been surprising pleasant. Off to try a second steep.

May 22nd, '08, 14:59

by RussianSoul » May 22nd, '08, 14:59

henley wrote:The box is officially open & I'm finishing my first tea of the day. There were many choices but decided to try the Wen Mtn Baozhong Oolong. After steeping, it was a lighter oolong than I'm used to so I was scared it might taste "green" but it's been surprising pleasant. Off to try a second steep.
Yay! It is very good, I agree! :D

May 22nd, '08, 15:12

by Carnelian » May 22nd, '08, 15:12

My avatar was a picture I whipped up in paint one day. I wanted to combine my love of music with my love for tea (another reason why I initially was attracted to adagio)

I just finished a cup of pomegrante oolong, courtesy of henley. I have to say that it was delicious.
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

May 22nd, '08, 15:31

by Chip » May 22nd, '08, 15:31

It is very nice.
Last edited by Chip on May 25th, '09, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.

May 22nd, '08, 15:51

by DangerInRed » May 22nd, '08, 15:51

My avatar is from J. W. Waterhouse's Hylas and The Nymphs. It's significant in that it's the avvie I use for my other forums as well, and I do love Waterhouse's work.

My tea for today is St. Tropez, a blend of black w/fruits (peaches, guava, mango, apples?)

Editing to add that I LOVE etsy, and was looking up teas a few days ago. Yes folks, you can buy teas on etsy!