saturday TEADAY 5/24/08


BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

I drink tea because...?

I love it, period
20
34%
I love it, and if it happens to be good for me, so be it
19
33%
I love it, but also love the potential health benefits
16
28%
...of the health benifits, but like it too
0
No votes
...it is better for me than the alternatives that I would drink
2
3%
...of the caffeine, period
1
2%
...of the caffeine, but happen to like it
0
No votes
...of the caffeine, and I cannot or do not drink coffee
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 58

Postby henley » May 24th, '08, 23:01

At lunch today, played in the TeaPass box & tried the passion fruit tea by Argo. It was waaaay too sweet for my taste. After an interesting day, decided to end it w/a familiar friend of hot cinnamon spice. Ain't nothing like a good friend! :wink:

BTW, Witches Brew... enjoyed your photos today. You'll have to share more!
User avatar
henley
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Aug 28th, '
Location: Northeast Georgia

Postby Sam. » May 24th, '08, 23:11

I drink it because I enjoy it AND because of the health benefits. It's just another part of a delicious & health diet. It was a dislike of coffee and the associated coffee-breath as well as an interest in the healthy aspects of tea that first turned me into a tea drinker, but now I love drinking and trying and enjoying all types of it!
User avatar
Sam.
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Jan 27th, '
Location: Houston, TX

Postby Victoria » May 24th, '08, 23:33

Teasweetie wrote:
Victoria wrote:Decided to brew up some magnolia oolong. Such a dreary day here in So. California.


Having a typical So. Cali "May Gray" day, huh? I'm sure the magnolia oolong solved that! :D


Yes it really did help. Tastes good cold too. You think you liked it enough to purchase?
User avatar
Victoria
 
Posts: 8186
Joined: Jan 8th, '0
Location: Southern CA

Postby tenuki » May 24th, '08, 23:38

Victoria wrote:Congrats tenuki! Now if you can just get her started on the pottery wheel...

In my cup this afternoon more oolong from FLT. I really don't know if I care if this stuff is last year's harvest, it's soooo amazing.

:)


Noooo, it's my toy!! * hovers protectively around the as yet unpurchased potters wheel *

You know, you might like winter harvest better than spring, they are different. I like fresh most of all, but given the choice I like winter gao shans, and spring baozhongs.
User avatar
tenuki
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Oct 23rd, '
Location: Seattle Area

Postby MarshalN » May 24th, '08, 23:48

I drink tea only for the caffeine
User avatar
MarshalN
 
Posts: 2105
Joined: Mar 15th, '

Postby Chip » May 25th, '08, 00:53

MarshalN wrote:I drink tea only for the caffeine


Hey Marshaln...i don't believe that for a second! 8)
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22178
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Victoria » May 25th, '08, 01:05

tenuki wrote:
Victoria wrote:Congrats tenuki! Now if you can just get her started on the pottery wheel...

In my cup this afternoon more oolong from FLT. I really don't know if I care if this stuff is last year's harvest, it's soooo amazing.

:)


Noooo, it's my toy!! * hovers protectively around the as yet unpurchased potters wheel *

You know, you might like winter harvest better than spring, they are different. I like fresh most of all, but given the choice I like winter gao shans, and spring baozhongs.


I want it ALL ... NOW
User avatar
Victoria
 
Posts: 8186
Joined: Jan 8th, '0
Location: Southern CA

Postby Space Samurai » May 25th, '08, 01:26

Its nice to have tea again.

Two bowls of matcha (hibiki premium) this morning. Several cups of crummy iced tea at work. Some TKY with dinner and now some Yutaka Midori.
User avatar
Space Samurai
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Jan 28th, '
Location: Fort Worth, TX

Postby tenuki » May 25th, '08, 01:37

Space Samurai wrote:Its nice to have tea again.


Nice to have you back too. :) Woot, Space is in the house!
User avatar
tenuki
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Oct 23rd, '
Location: Seattle Area

Postby Chip » May 25th, '08, 01:55

tenuki wrote:
Space Samurai wrote:Its nice to have tea again.


Nice to have you back too. :) Woot, Space is in the house!


Agreed, you were missed! Space is in the TeaChat House!
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22178
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Space Samurai » May 25th, '08, 02:39

:D Thanks guys.
User avatar
Space Samurai
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Jan 28th, '
Location: Fort Worth, TX

Postby bi lew chun » May 25th, '08, 02:57

MarshalN wrote:I drink tea only for the caffeine


:)
User avatar
bi lew chun
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Apr 16th, '
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby TimeforTea » May 25th, '08, 10:53

Victoria wrote:
Teasweetie wrote:
Victoria wrote:Decided to brew up some magnolia oolong. Such a dreary day here in So. California.


Having a typical So. Cali "May Gray" day, huh? I'm sure the magnolia oolong solved that! :D


Yes it really did help. Tastes good cold too. You think you liked it enough to purchase?


Yes, I liked it that much!! I will order it once I finish working through my other teas. :D
User avatar
TimeforTea
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Feb 2nd, '0

Postby insanitylater » May 25th, '08, 12:21

thanks for the well wishes

my head is killing me :oops:
User avatar
insanitylater
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Feb 17th, '
Location: New Jersey

Postby CynTEAa » May 25th, '08, 16:24

Chip wrote:Nice to see you back where you belong Cyn...

Your journey has been fruitful if you are looking for something Japanese!


Thanks, Chip. Good to be home. :) I was looking for something good...which turned out to be surprisingly very good and happily Japanese!
User avatar
CynTEAa
 
Posts: 740
Joined: Aug 21st, '
Location: Connecticut

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation