ThursDay TeaDay 5/29/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Today, I am drinking flavored tea, yes or no?

Yes, I am drinking flavored tea today
9%
Yes and No...having had flavored and non flavored tea today (or plan to)
29%
No flavored tea for me today
62%

Total votes: 55

May 29th, '08, 15:53

bamboo roasted pu-erh tea

by rodstnmn » May 29th, '08, 15:53

I normally never drink flavored teas, but you caught me with one today.
In my cup this; http://www.puerhshop.com/index.php?main ... cts_id=450
and it is delicious.

Rod

May 29th, '08, 16:01

by olivierco » May 29th, '08, 16:01

Kaburagien Matcha (Koicha) to end the day. I brewed it at lower temperature than the first time and got a better result.

May 29th, '08, 16:23
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: bamboo roasted pu-erh tea

by Salsero » May 29th, '08, 16:23

rodstnmn wrote:I normally never drink flavored teas, but you caught me with one today.
Any comments on that Bamboo Roasted Puerh? It looks like so much fun. Not so sure I would count it as flavored, however, nor the 2002 Tangerine Wrapped Puerh, but I guess both of them are.

May 29th, '08, 17:25

by henley » May 29th, '08, 17:25

Beidao wrote:
henley wrote:I'll have to keep my eye out for an unflavored Russian tea to try. What brand is yours?
I'm afraid that it's not really a brand tea and I'm also afraid that you could not get this specific tea unless I send you a sample. Which I can, of course, if you want me to. But if you like it you cannot buy it anyway... which may feel irritating!

By the way, I have no idea why the vendor calls this tea "Russian". I find it very irritating not to know more about it. Grr, stupid Swedish tea stores.
Thanx for the offer. You are right, though. If I like it & want more it would be frustrating not to be able to get it. I'll keep my eyes open online.

May 29th, '08, 18:05

by Victoria » May 29th, '08, 18:05

Henley, Lady Tiger sent me something called Russian Caravan which was pretty good, an unflavored black mix, I'm pretty sure.

For me this afternoon - Baozhong remastered by a local Seattle tea aficionado.

Happy Birthday, Scarlet Glow!

May 29th, '08, 20:08

by RussianSoul » May 29th, '08, 20:08

Victoria wrote:For me this afternoon - Baozhong ...

Happy Birthday, Scarlet Glow!
What she said!

Drinking a nice Baozhong from the Tea Box and wishing a Happy Birthday to Scarlet Glow!

Sorry you didn't like my Csar Nicolas tea, henley. It is supposed to be a Russian version of Earl Grey, the "perfume" is actually bergamot. I used to like this tea quite a lot and have great amounts of it that I bought in a small authentic Russian store here (where they speak only Russian!) But I seem to have moved on and away from flavored and scented teas and towards plain greens. Who knows how tastes change...

May 29th, '08, 20:55

by henley » May 29th, '08, 20:55

RussianSoul wrote: Sorry you didn't like my Csar Nicolas tea, henley. It is supposed to be a Russian version of Earl Grey, the "perfume" is actually bergamot. I used to like this tea quite a lot and have great amounts of it that I bought in a small authentic Russian store here (where they speak only Russian!)
Aha! That explains it... I don't like Earl Grey tea or bergamot. People who enjoy Earl Grey should really like it, though. However, I am currently enjoying a cuppa Oolong #8 w/a little of the Blood Orange you sent. Kinda like the OBO but a lighter on the orange flavor. It's quite tasty! :D

BTW, like your new avatar. Is this a new member of your teaware family?

May 29th, '08, 21:09

by RussianSoul » May 29th, '08, 21:09

henley wrote:BTW, like your new avatar. Is this a new member of your teaware family?
The avatar is a piece made by a famous Russian porcelain factory Lomonosovo. This is a pot from their Cobalt series. I don't have it and probably won't as it is huge - 6 cups, I have no use for this size. But Lomonosovo china objects are art pieces to be admired, quite exquisite. Some day I may go for their cups.

May 29th, '08, 21:33

by Salsero » May 29th, '08, 21:33

Beautiful stuff, including the lovely new avatar!

May 29th, '08, 22:06

by Chip » May 29th, '08, 22:06

Shincha hat trick...and will likely not taste shincha again til Monday even though I will be surrounded by tea and teaware.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 29th, '08, 22:18

by daughteroftheKing » May 29th, '08, 22:18

Flavored teas are all part of my tea enjoyment, even more so in warm weather. This morning I finished off some iced Mango (black), then made a pitcher of iced Constant Comment (improved by adding Darjeeling 22). I enjoyed a couple of steeps of Ti Kuan Yin, but later I even added mint & lavender to the leaves to drink on ice.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")