FriDay TeaDay 5/30/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Your favorite tea for the month of May has been...?

Black
13%
Oolong
24%
Green
33%
White or yellow
11%
Pu-erh
15%
Herbal
No votes
Rooibos
4%
Yerbe mate
No votes
Other
2%

Total votes: 55

May 30th, '08, 10:19

by xine » May 30th, '08, 10:19

No tea for me today...I'm taking a 'fast' beecause I know the rest of the weekend it will be everywhere I look left and right.... :) hot tea in hot weather! oouf! :)

I'm looking very forward to meeting Chip and Mary- and bearcubed if he is going! It should be a fun weekend! Many pictures and a video blog of sorts to come to TeaMuse in order to share it with everyone properly.

May 30th, '08, 10:21

by TimeforTea » May 30th, '08, 10:21

My favorite tea for the month has definitely been oolong.

This morning, I was in the mood for something different, and I brewed white melon from a tea swap. Down the drain it went...

Next, tried a sample of Chinese flower green tea also from a tea swap. Bleah! Perfume in a cup. Down the drain...

I'm not having a good tea morning. :(

---

HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE TEA EXPO, MOD SQUAD!!!
Last edited by TimeforTea on May 30th, '08, 10:49, edited 3 times in total.

May 30th, '08, 10:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » May 30th, '08, 10:28

xine wrote: and a video blog of sorts to come to TeaMuse in order to share it with everyone properly.
Yay, video blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 30th, '08, 11:01

by auggy » May 30th, '08, 11:01

I voted for oolong this month, surprisingly. But that's been because my sinus infection this month made green tea taste a bit funny so it just wasn't as happy for me. Oolongs have been more forgiving with my sometimes off taste buds. But with the sinus infection gone, things are happier with greens. So yay!

I'm jealous about the ones going to the tea expo. I wanna go!

Birthday tea for me today. Yum.

May 30th, '08, 12:07

by Wesli » May 30th, '08, 12:07

You lucky dawgs!

I'm enjoying some handmade Nilgiri black/oolong tea. Mmmmm. Very fruity, sweet, astringent. Some of the leaves are green, brown. It's the coolest looking leaf I have.

May 30th, '08, 12:14

by RussianSoul » May 30th, '08, 12:14

My favorite tea for May was spring harvest green. I tried shincha and first flush Chinese greens for the first time, and I am in love. Drinking shincha Hashiri and loving it, just to prove the point :D

On a similar note, my husband, who is a hardcore espresso and Coke drinker, has discovered that he likes sencha. Well, he has discovered it with my help, of course. Now, every time I make tea (which is several times a day) he wants to know if I am making sencha and can he have some too. He is especially fond of my Sencha+Gyokuro Blend (TM). I supposed I don't have to worry about having bought too much shincha, he had a cup of Hatsumi earlier this morning and found it "delicious".

May 30th, '08, 12:21

by Salsero » May 30th, '08, 12:21

RussianSoul wrote:On a similar note, my husband, who is a hardcore espresso and Coke drinker, has discovered that he likes sencha.
Wow, what a great place to find a new TeaBuddy: your own home!!!

May 30th, '08, 12:45

by Victoria » May 30th, '08, 12:45

RussianSoul wrote: On a similar note, my husband, who is a hardcore espresso and Coke drinker, has discovered that he likes sencha. Well, he has discovered it with my help, of course. Now, every time I make tea (which is several times a day) he wants to know if I am making sencha and can he have some too. He is especially fond of my Sencha+Gyokuro Blend (TM). I supposed I don't have to worry about having bought too much shincha, he had a cup of Hatsumi earlier this morning and found it "delicious".
Wow that is great news! Maybe he would like oolong too. (Now you know I HAD to say that!)

BTW love your avatar!

May 30th, '08, 12:52

by henley » May 30th, '08, 12:52

RussianSoul wrote:On a similar note, my husband, who is a hardcore espresso and Coke drinker, has discovered that he likes sencha. Well, he has discovered it with my help, of course. Now, every time I make tea (which is several times a day) he wants to know if I am making sencha and can he have some too.
Your hubby sounds like mine. He won't make tea for himself but he's never turned it down if I'm making some. In fact, he liked "The Czar" yesterday & finished it off while I made something different.

Hmmm... Maybe we need to teach our guys how to make tea for us! :lol: :wink:

May 30th, '08, 13:15

by olivierco » May 30th, '08, 13:15

No big surprise, my favorite tea in may is Japanese Green Tea.

Shincha, matcha (koicha), sencha and of course gyokuro.
I have also been drinking many 2008 Harvest Darjeelings.

May has also been for me a japanese teaware month: a complete chabako, three chawan, two chaire, a chasen-sutzu, a natsume, two yunomi, one hohin and some other teaceremony wares.

This morning keemun and Kaburagien sencha in a few minutes.

May 30th, '08, 13:19

by RussianSoul » May 30th, '08, 13:19

Victoria wrote:
RussianSoul wrote: On a similar note, my husband, who is a hardcore espresso and Coke drinker, has discovered that he likes sencha. Well, he has discovered it with my help, of course. Now, every time I make tea (which is several times a day) he wants to know if I am making sencha and can he have some too. He is especially fond of my Sencha+Gyokuro Blend (TM). I supposed I don't have to worry about having bought too much shincha, he had a cup of Hatsumi earlier this morning and found it "delicious".
Wow that is great news! Maybe he would like oolong too. (Now you know I HAD to say that!)
He actually likes Adagio's Jasmine #12, but the rest my oolongs are lost on him. Bummer!
henley wrote:Your hubby sounds like mine. He won't make tea for himself but he's never turned it down if I'm making some. In fact, he liked "The Czar" yesterday & finished it off while I made something different.

I am so glad he liked "the Czar"!

Teach them to make tea for us?... That'll be the day! :twisted:

May 30th, '08, 15:16

by Victoria » May 30th, '08, 15:16

For me this afternoon more Baozhong. Resteeped from yesterday, breaking my "no resteep over 4 hours rule". I'm just trying not to think about it. The tea tastes great.

My Internet Explorer shows TC down here on the west coast.
Not sure what is up with that.
Good thing I'm resourceful!
Ha!

May 30th, '08, 15:31

by auggy » May 30th, '08, 15:31

henley wrote:
RussianSoul wrote:On a similar note, my husband, who is a hardcore espresso and Coke drinker, has discovered that he likes sencha. Well, he has discovered it with my help, of course. Now, every time I make tea (which is several times a day) he wants to know if I am making sencha and can he have some too.
Your hubby sounds like mine. He won't make tea for himself but he's never turned it down if I'm making some. In fact, he liked "The Czar" yesterday & finished it off while I made something different.

Wow, running theme! My hubby is the same way. He always wants tea when I make it but won't even consider learning how to do it himself! Silly boys! :lol:

May 30th, '08, 15:56

by Ron Gilmour » May 30th, '08, 15:56

My favorite tea for May was probably the little sample of 2003 Dayi Yiwu puerh that I got from Puerhshop. Really a spectacular tea.

Today I'm finishing off my stash of Phuguri Estate FF Darjeeling.

May 30th, '08, 15:59

by olivierco » May 30th, '08, 15:59

Just had 2008 Darjeeling Phuguri AV2 FTGFOP1 too.