Saturday TeaDay 5/31/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

May 31st, '08, 09:47

by Ladytiger » May 31st, '08, 09:47

I started my day with a nice breakfast of scambled eggs, bacon, toast and russian caravan. YUMMY!

May 31st, '08, 10:01

Re: ZHEN QU

by augie » May 31st, '08, 10:01

olivierco wrote: In France we have school either on wednesday morning, either on saturday morning.
But it is going to change. Next year, no more school on saturday
Saturday morning school -- this mother is all for that! I'm ready for year-around school here someday too. My 6 y.o. cried the last three days of school.

Salsero, if you (or anyone else) posts one more picture of your bodum glass cup I am going to have to get myself one. Looking is just not enough for me anymore.

I'm drinking coffee right now. We had torrential rain and violent thunder and lightning last night. Lost power for 6 hours. Just finished cleaning the mess in the yard so now is the perfect time to go and brew something to ice down to battle the humidity today.

May 31st, '08, 10:32

by LavenderPekoe » May 31st, '08, 10:32

Man, some of you people have been so productive already today. I am barely out of bed! :) My tea day so far started with Sakura Sencha since I brought my Kyusu home from work and had a proper brewing vessel for it. I haven't played with the box, I did open it, though. I think the Czar's needed to air out a bit. I will give it a proper going through tomorrow after the Realtor leaves.
Teas for trade:

May 31st, '08, 10:33

by Katrina » May 31st, '08, 10:33

omegapd wrote:
Terrasi wrote:Teaday with no poll? What is supposed to direct the topic of conversation?
I'll say that I've been very underwhelmed in my tea journey with Ceylon teas. Anybody else feel this way? I've tried numerous examples from run of the mill stuff to organic, single estate Ceylons and the good ones taste like a typical supermarket Orange Pekoe bag and the bad are bitter and awful. For the Ceylon fans, give me an idea what to expect in taste and where to get some good stuff. :idea:

EW
I had that experience for quite awhile with Ceylons but have recently discovered two that I really like. They were fuller flavored and bold with fruity notes and a sweet aftertaste. One was Mark T. Wendell's Cheericup Ceylon. The other was called Lover's Leap from a place called Herbata (but a quick web search showed it was available from many sources.) If you PM your address to me I can send you some samples.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

May 31st, '08, 10:37

by Katrina » May 31st, '08, 10:37

It's 10:30 a.m. here and I started my morning at 6:00 a.m. because the baby decided to get up - ready to play.

I had some leftover Darjeeling Oolong out of the fridge. Now I'm trying an oolong blend with rosehips and raspberry leaf.

Going to need a really bold black tea soon...or a nap.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

May 31st, '08, 10:48

by TimeforTea » May 31st, '08, 10:48

Good morning, fellow tea chatters!

I am enjoying my first cup of peach oolong--I love it! It tastes just like a fuzzy ripe peach, with a little honey mixed in. It also looks beautiful in my glass cup. My husband had a sip and said he liked it, but took out the tin of apricot green to brew when he's finished mowing the lawn. Is there an unwritten rule that one must drink green-lawn-clippings-tea after mowing the lawn? :roll:

I've got poison ivy from doing yard work the other day, and am desperately trying not to scratch! Perhaps more tea will keep the itching off my mind.

Thanks to Victoria for volunteering to step in as moderator!!

May 31st, '08, 11:07

by olivierco » May 31st, '08, 11:07

Darjeeling Puttabong SFTGFOP1 in my cup on a sunny afternoon.

May 31st, '08, 11:10

by chamekke » May 31st, '08, 11:10

Adagio's Birthday Tea. I was in the mood for some sweet comfort this morning.

And for the purists out there... I'm about to dash off to tea ceremony class where it will be MATCHA all the way :wink:

The right shoulder is extremely painful this morning, which is driving me nuts since there is so much I want to post to TeaChat! Unfortunately, typing (and mousing) = stabbing pain. Well, maybe later...

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

May 31st, '08, 11:11

by Selaphiel » May 31st, '08, 11:11

Jun Chiyabari Himalayan Jade oolong today as well, very good tea.

May 31st, '08, 11:13

by olivierco » May 31st, '08, 11:13

chamekke wrote:Adagio's Birthday Tea. I was in the mood for some sweet comfort this morning.

And for the purists out there... I'm about to dash off to tea ceremony class where it will be MATCHA all the way :wink:

The right shoulder is extremely painful this morning, which is driving me nuts since there is so much I want to post to TeaChat! Unfortunately, typing (and mousing) = stabbing pain. Well, maybe later...
MATCHA :D :D :D

May 31st, '08, 11:24

by Jack_teachat » May 31st, '08, 11:24

olivierco wrote: MATCHA :D :D :D
I am slightly jealous, but waiting till I have finished my finals and have moved into my new house at the end of June until I explore that path :)

Started my teaday with some Uji Kirameki Shincha and am now sipping the last of my leftover 2007 Fukamushi Sencha Supreme, still nice despite having sat in my tin for a while.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone! :D

May 31st, '08, 12:00

by henley » May 31st, '08, 12:00

Had Oolong #8 w/a little blood orange at bfast this morning. It's almost as good as OBO. I'm low on it so I'm trying to ration it.
Katrina wrote:Going to need a really bold black tea soon...or a nap.
I vote for tea AND a nap! Between this & shots, you've had a rough mommy week.

May 31st, '08, 12:08
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: ZHEN QU

by Salsero » May 31st, '08, 12:08

omegapd wrote:The last "real" Ceylon I got from New Mexico Tea Co. was also a Vithanakande Estate
Eric, it is my impression that the name of the estate and even all the letters tell you almost nothing. It's not like wine where a Chateau d'Yquem 1996 has the same sweet syrup inside no matter where you buy it. I don't know why, but it seems that if you are not getting the same name, from the same vendor, about the same time, you may be getting something totally and completely different.
Do get the sample from SpecialTeas. It was easy to brew and good. There's a good chance you will like it.

augie wrote:Salsero, if you (or anyone else) posts one more picture of your bodum glass cup I am going to have to get myself one. Looking is just not enough for me anymore.
Do it! They are cheap, fun, and beautiful. They will change your life for the better. They have been shown to increase life expectancy by 5.8 years and you will be more popular. No lie!

May 31st, '08, 12:16
Scrolling: scrolling

Saturday TeaDay

by Victoria » May 31st, '08, 12:16

augie wrote:
Salsero, if you (or anyone else) posts one more picture of your bodum glass cup I am going to have to get myself one. Looking is just not enough for me anymore..
Well that sounds almost like dare. :wink: You better just head on over to Amazon and have a look around. :)

This morning's brew for me is Adagio Spring Darjeeling. I am really enjoying this one. As I have said before I have never tasted a black this fresh and with the slightest hint of greeness.

Plan on having some OOLONG tomorrow people!!
And that's a big hint!

May 31st, '08, 12:52

by fodder0 » May 31st, '08, 12:52

Started my day off with some Nepal First Flush, I must admit it is my first black tea, and it is much more refreshing than starting my day off with a cup of coffee. Very peculiar taste to it (not a bad taste, more of a HMMM whats this???), and after two cups of it I'm beginning to wonder if I should have ordered some more, or a few varieties of Black Teas. I might spring on one of the Darjeeling Teas, as they seem highly touted on these forums.

Victoria - I feel like a fool, many years back I used to hear the word Oolong and assumed it was some type of noodles :roll: I am definitely going to order some, what are YOUR favorite Oolongs?