Wednesday TeaDay 6/04/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Iced tea again...what is your favorite?

Black
40%
Oolong
8%
Green
15%
Roasted such as houjicha
4%
White/yellow
6%
Herbal
4%
Sweet Tea...yeah, I think this requires its own option
15%
Jasmine
2%
None or other
6%

Total votes: 48

Jun 4th, '08, 11:51

by olivierco » Jun 4th, '08, 11:51

I don't drink much iced tea.

Just had some Myabi Shincha after work.

Jun 4th, '08, 11:56

by TimeforTea » Jun 4th, '08, 11:56

auggy wrote:
TimeforTea wrote:This morning, I am drinking a sample of Bai Mu Dan Wuyi. Hay in a cup. Think I'll change into my overalls now. :roll:
Too funny! Last night I was thinking about setting out yunnan gold for this morning's tea, but it smelled so much like hay that I put it right back on the shelf!
If you brew it today, we can take a hay ride together. YEEEEE HAAAAWH!!!

Jun 4th, '08, 12:07
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Jun 4th, '08, 12:07

Victoria wrote:Sometimes I think I am the only person in the world that drinks Iced Tea Unsweetened. It is extremely hard to find in RTD teas.
It ain't so! I prefer unsweetened iced tea, black or those essence teas: mango, ginger, peach. I put a little hibiscus in my ceylon silver striped, but rarely any sweetener unless hubby asks for it, then I usually use honey. (Locally made!)

This morning: TKY oolong. I'm still looking for that perfect one. I like 'em roasty.

Jun 4th, '08, 12:37

by TimeforTea » Jun 4th, '08, 12:37

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: This morning: TKY oolong. I'm still looking for that perfect one. I like 'em roasty.
To share Oolong Queen Victoria's wisdom: Adagio's TKY is an excellent every day TKY.

Jun 4th, '08, 12:56

by Pentox » Jun 4th, '08, 12:56

I voted black just because that's what most of the iced tea I drink is.

I do like unsweetened RTD iced teas. That's actually my preference for them, but with the current RTD market for me that pretty much leaves Ito En's bottled green. Out of necessity I tend to drink a lot of sweetened black.

So far in the cup today: Tao of tea silver needle. Such an average tasting silver needle.

Auggy- hope the cat gets better!

Jun 4th, '08, 12:58

by Geekgirl » Jun 4th, '08, 12:58

TimeforTea wrote:
To share Oolong Queen Victoria's wisdom: Adagio's TKY is an excellent every day TKY.
Yay! Just ordered several samples of different oolongs from Adagio. It has been a frustrating search. Here in Portland we actually have access to some good high mountain, spring and taiwanese oolongs in the local shops. Unfortunately (for me) I'm not crazy about them. In fact I have over an ounce of Ali Shan that I just can't make myself drink one more cup. bleh (don't kick me off the forum! :lol: )

What's a girl to do? Pathetically, I'm after that "perfect" taste of nostalgia... the oolong that the little chinese lady used to serve in the hole-in-the-wall restaurant in the small town where I grew up. We went out to eat once a week, and always to the chinese place. I'd order a grilled cheese sandwich and my own pot of oolong. LOL! Kids!

Many years later, when I was just out of high school, I went to work for the restaurant. Every day I made the tea. I remember the leaves were whole, twisted, a lovely dark reddish brown, and smelled divine! It came packaged in large foiled bags with chinese characters printed on.

"make a tea stacey! make a tea! huy up! (hurry up!)"

Jun 4th, '08, 13:04

by daughteroftheKing » Jun 4th, '08, 13:04

Feeling crummy today, so pretty much sticking with chamomile and mint, although I added a pinch of white darjeeling to bump it up a bit. If tea doesn't make me feel better, nothing does.

I voted black for iced tea on the poll, but I like it flavored. Constant Comment remains my favorite on ice, but I like peach and mango, too. Almost any tea I like hot, I'll try on ice and be happy, whether it's oolong or green or a Darjeeling.

Chip - Any news on your cat? It's really hard to see our furbabies so sick.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Jun 4th, '08, 13:06

by Victoria » Jun 4th, '08, 13:06

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: Yay! Just ordered several samples of different oolongs from Adagio. It has been a frustrating search. Here in Portland we actually have access to some good high mountain, spring and taiwanese oolongs in the local shops. Unfortunately (for me) I'm not crazy about them. In fact I have over an ounce of Ali Shan that I just can't make myself drink one more cup. bleh (don't kick me off the forum! :lol: )

What's a girl to do?
Ummm send it to me??????

Here's a dark TKY that fits your description - not for me - so maybe you will like:
http://trentea.blogspot.com/2008/04/jus ... n-yin.html

Jun 4th, '08, 13:16

by TimeforTea » Jun 4th, '08, 13:16

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:
TimeforTea wrote:
Yay! Just ordered several samples of different oolongs from Adagio. It has been a frustrating search.
Yay, Geekgirl! Which oolongs did you order?

Jun 4th, '08, 13:18

by TimeforTea » Jun 4th, '08, 13:18

Victoria wrote:Here's a dark TKY that fits your description - not for me - so maybe you will like:
Oops. :oops: Thanks for the catch, Victoria. I forgot that there is a very wide variety of TKY's...some darker than others...

Jun 4th, '08, 13:27

by Geekgirl » Jun 4th, '08, 13:27

Victoria wrote:
GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:

What's a girl to do?
Ummm send it to me??????

Here's a dark TKY that fits your description - not for me - so maybe you will like:
I'd be happy to send it along. It will just go stale if I don't! That TKY looks good I'll have to try it.

I ordered the oolong#40, wuyi ensemble, and it looks like actually that's it for Adagio (although I couldn't resist a couple other non-oolong samples.) I'm thinking of trying a sample or two from teacuppa, but what do I know (yet!)? Thanks for the suggestions!

Jun 4th, '08, 13:33

by Beidao » Jun 4th, '08, 13:33

Auggy: Ring worm is SO nice! I work as an animal care attendant and at my work, all the cats got it last year. Me and some of my collegues got it too and I had it for months. As soon as I thought it was over, it bloomed again. We actually had people who got ring worm and stopped working because it gave them cat phobia.

Working with animals, one grows more and more aware of how frail they are. Poor Gawian. And poor Marsby.
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Jun 4th, '08, 13:40

by tenuki » Jun 4th, '08, 13:40

Drinking a wonderful Shu. Those are four words I never thought I would say. :shock:
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Jun 4th, '08, 14:05

by Katrina » Jun 4th, '08, 14:05

Victoria wrote:Sometimes I think I am the only person in the world that drinks Iced Tea Unsweetened. It is extremely hard to find in RTD teas.
I'm with you, Victoria. I will only sweeten flavored blacks and even with those it's pretty rare. I like my unflavored/unscented blacks, greens and oolongs unsweetened. Always.
GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:This morning: TKY oolong. I'm still looking for that perfect one. I like 'em roasty.
Victoria wrote: Here's a dark TKY that fits your description - not for me - so maybe you will like:
I tried that one but was really disappointed. I'm wondering if I got a bad batch because it tasted completely burnt. Not just smoky, but burnt. I've liked their oolongs in the past so I was kind of surprised by it. Adagio's is nice but it is definitely on the greener side and I liked it best when brewed in a gaiwan. My favorite so far is one by MEM Imports, but it's sold mostly around the Boston area in restaurants and a few retail spaces. They don't have a website so I couldn't figure out how to have you order it. Sorry to provide a relatively useless suggestion. :cry:

Keemun in my cup today.

Jun 4th, '08, 14:10

by auggy » Jun 4th, '08, 14:10

Beidao wrote:Auggy: Ring worm is SO nice! I work as an animal care attendant and at my work, all the cats got it last year. Me and some of my collegues got it too and I had it for months. As soon as I thought it was over, it bloomed again. We actually had people who got ring worm and stopped working because it gave them cat phobia.
Isn't it though? When we first moved into our house, the kitties picked up ringworm from the porch. One cat got taken care of quickly, but with the other it took forever. It would go away with treatment and then be back a couple of weeks later. It was awful and she looked so mangy. Finally we got it taken care of with like a 6 week cycle of pills. Of course, by the end of those ring-worm filled months, both hubby and I had gotten it. That was when I learned that Lamisil and Tenactin (sp) worked a lot better than the spray at the vet on both people and kitties.