Sunday 6/08/08, oh yeah, TeaDay

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Inspired by yesterday's topic, suddenly, you have more money...where does it go?

More tea
11%
Better tea
15%
Best tea, period
11%
Nothing changes tea wise
36%
Other
26%

Total votes: 53

Jun 8th, '08, 20:17
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Jun 8th, '08, 20:17

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:1998 Menghai puer
Menghai is a huge concern. It's sort of like saying Kelloggs cereal. Do you have any more detail about which 1998 Menghai it is?

Jun 8th, '08, 20:25

by Geekgirl » Jun 8th, '08, 20:25

Said "polay" I believe, but I don't thiink that means anything. The rest was in Chinese.

Jun 8th, '08, 20:39

by Katrina » Jun 8th, '08, 20:39

I can't say I'd change my tea purchasing...Now yarn is another story - I would be buying unseemly amounts of that. :lol: Or I'd try filling my car with gas.

Wuyi Shui Xian oolong today. Mmmmm...(Thanks, Tenuki! And you packed it so beautifully too; I felt like I was handling gold.)
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Jun 8th, '08, 21:22

by Ron Gilmour » Jun 8th, '08, 21:22

omegapd, I had a good laugh over your attempt to spread the gospel of pu-erh during Sunday lunch. Strangely, I had a somewhat similar experience on Saturday. I had a couple friends over and we decided to order Chinese. I brewed up some sheng and they both really liked it. Maybe you can try some sheng on your folks next time. Shu scares people.

Today I'm drinking Castleton FF Darjeeling. Amazing!

Jun 8th, '08, 23:25

by trent » Jun 8th, '08, 23:25

Today, some Dong Ding Oolong and loads of new teaware!
My grandma came down and brought with her some somaware bought in Japan in the 1950's!

(Yes, I'm the same guy who found silver teapots, yunomi, and cha kouru in his basement. That reminds me, I need to post pics.)

Jun 8th, '08, 23:37

by Salsero » Jun 8th, '08, 23:37

trent wrote:Today, some Dong Ding Oolong and loads of new teaware!
My grandma came down and brought with her some somaware bought in Japan in the 1950's!

(Yes, I'm the same guy who found silver teapots, yunomi, and cha kouru in his basement. That reminds me, I need to post pics.)
Fits of jealous rage.

Jun 8th, '08, 23:43

by Carnelian » Jun 8th, '08, 23:43

trent wrote:Today, some Dong Ding Oolong and loads of new teaware!

Erg! This makes me wish I had been obsessed with tea back when my cousin was stationed in Japan with the airforce.
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Jun 8th, '08, 23:46

by jogrebe » Jun 8th, '08, 23:46

Don't try to ban me for this but regardless of how much my money supply increases I don't think my tea would get any more elaborate than it is already. Sure I will pick a gongfu tea tray sometime soon but beyond that my ripe puerh cakes as is now will continue. Lets face it tea is not the most important thing in life nor should it be, as personally I'd pity the person who tea is the best thing going for them in life with the possible exception of a teashop owner whose business is booming. So with that in mind more money does not necessarily translate into more being spend on tea as beyond a certain level I don't think its worth it and I believe I have already reached that level for myself. Yes I know there are lots of wonderful ultra high grades of tea out there such as naturally aged sheng that I will never have the pleasure of enjoying but I'm perfectly fine with it because I don't think they are worth the money when compared to other more important things in life like God, family and friends.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Jun 8th, '08, 23:58

by Salsero » Jun 8th, '08, 23:58

jogrebe wrote: ... Lets face it tea is not the most important thing in life nor should it be ...
Mommy, Mommy, make the bad man go away!!

As so often seems to be the case, jogrebe, like omegapd, are the only ones on the forum still grounded in reality. But they can't hold out much longer! One of us, One of us, One of us ...

Jun 9th, '08, 00:21

by tenuki » Jun 9th, '08, 00:21

Katrina wrote: Wuyi Shui Xian oolong today. Mmmmm...(Thanks, Tenuki! And you packed it so beautifully too; I felt like I was handling gold.)
I love that tea, and you got the last of my stash. :cry: Ah well, the big old crate she dishes it out of is just a 30 minutes trip away. :D
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Jun 9th, '08, 00:29

by jogrebe » Jun 9th, '08, 00:29

Salsero wrote:

As so often seems to be the case, jogrebe, like omegapd, are the only ones on the forum still grounded in reality. But they can't hold out much longer! One of us, One of us, One of us ...
You shall not pass in bringing me over the edge of reality with you. The pull of Teaism has no power over me as I am firmly rooted in something greater than myself.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Jun 9th, '08, 01:20

by kymidwife » Jun 9th, '08, 01:20

OK Chip...

I tripled the leaf and gave the White Monkey another shot. MUCH better!

I'm still not positive if I'll be going "green" for the long haul, but your suggestions definitely helped me overcome the hot dishwater taste I got yesterday. Now I'm getting buttery asparagus, very nice. Going in for the 2nd steep now.

Of course, its after midnight... what the heck am I doing drinking this stuff so late? :shock: I read your suggestions and my curiosity wouldn't keep... I just didn't wanna wait til tomorrow. You people continue to corrupt me further and further.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jun 9th, '08, 02:30

by Chip » Jun 9th, '08, 02:30

Happy to contribute to your TeaCorruption, Sarah. Many peeps are not sure about greens right away...play with it for a while.

Speaking of greens...had to scrape the bottom of a few tins of Japanese greens to make a session. Sometimes this will rock, sometimes it will totally not. This was somewhere in between...pretty good. This time Fukamushi Maki and a gram or two of Miyabi.

Already thinking what I will open next. I don't have to open anything yet, but I am getting antsy.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!