Wednesday should be TeaDay, 6/11/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

"Tea na" wondered where were you when you discovered TEA?

Home
59%
Work
9%
School
6%
Vacation
4%
With a friend
11%
Another country
2%
Other
9%

Total votes: 54

Jun 11th, '08, 21:16

by tenuki » Jun 11th, '08, 21:16

RussianSoul wrote: Image
Yeah Daisies!!

* grabs them from RussianSoul's hand and runs off *

Jun 11th, '08, 21:22

by auggy » Jun 11th, '08, 21:22

Thanks Sal and RS. And lovely flowers, they make me happy.
Salsero wrote:
auggy wrote:Sanks. *sniff* At some point I'll be less unhappy and grumpy. I promise.
We love you just the way you are.

Being a guy, I have to make a suggestion. Have you tried calling Dell service to cry to them? It sounds like your problem be getting the local contract guy to move you up the list of priorities. They might be able to motivate him a little more. I had problems with my Dell a few months ago, and they were Johnny-on-the-spot, three days in a row. After replacing everything, we discovered that the problem was my non-Dell monitor, but Dell spent a bunch of money trying to made me happy.
Normally I love calling customer service and "motivating" them to take care of things. But I will admit, I've been a bit off my game for the past couple of months. I'm just overall off-center which makes things that wouldn't normally be a problem hard to deal with. Hubby's really been picking up the slack so he totally rocks. In exchange, I make him yummy tea.

Jun 11th, '08, 21:27

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jun 11th, '08, 21:27

auggy wrote:
Salsero wrote:
auggy wrote: BTW, Dell totally sucks.
Oh, poor baby! Vent please.
If I start venting, I'm going to cry. And that sounds totally wussy, but I don't care. I'm so mad at Dell and getting jerked around by them day after day. Supposed to be "next day on-site service" and they were called Friday and it still isn't done. :evil: :evil: :evil: And I've had a crappy weak even excluding the my-laptop-is-an-effing-brick issues and I'm also apparently having major issues about the vet trip Monday and keep freaking about about Nibby dying even though it has been two months and I feel like I should be better.

The only good thing about this week has been tea related - I got the tea pass box yesterday and a Special Teas order today which included my first yixing.

And dammit, now I'm crying. I hate this week. I need more tea.
Dell gave me problems with my first laptop a few years ago. My parents got me a decent Inspiron for Christmas my first year of college. Almost exactly a year later, it decided that it wouldn't connect to the power cord. The cord would connect, but the computer wouldn't read that it was attached. Dell came and replaced all the motherboard and processor after determining that the link for the power was broken. It worked fine for about one month and then died completely. I mean, I was sitting there playing a game and all of the sudden it went "bzzzt" and died. So after both my father and I harassed Dell on the phone, they sent someone to replace the motherboard and processor for a second time, blaming the problems the first time with the lack of grounding on the technician. A month after that, it gets the power cord issue again even with completely new components. Dad finally used the threat of him having influence at his work that buys many Dell computers, so they sent me a top of the line (at the time) wide-screen media center notebook that was better than the other one in all ways. I've had that one for about two years with no problems beyond that it is beaten up pretty badly from constant use and being dragged back and forth across campus. It definitely pays to call them many times in order to get things done.

I am just finishing up the fifth steep of Fukamushi Sencha Supreme. Mmmmmm...

Jun 11th, '08, 21:38
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Jun 11th, '08, 21:38

Cinnamon Kitty wrote: Dell came and replaced all the motherboard and processor after determining that the link for the power was broken.
Known issue with Dell laptops, especially the Inspiron series. It's a design "flaw" but really (conspiracy theorist appears) Dell's version of planned obsolescence. The power jack is very exposed, not internally supported at all, and has very flimsy poorly welded connectors.

In spite of development being well aware of the issue, and other companies who use normal design in power jack placement and integrity, Dell continues (last I checked) to build them like this.

grrr...

Yeah, I have a Dell Inspiron. Replaced it with a Toshiba (that I don't care for either, looooong story.) Dell only works in the docking station and IF you do not bump it. :roll: It is my work machine since I never have to move it from my office desk.

In my cup: Silver Needle from SensationalTeas. I like it.

Jun 11th, '08, 21:41

by Chip » Jun 11th, '08, 21:41

Cinnamon Kitty wrote:
MMMMM...good stuff.

Another plug for a friend. Priscilla Ahn will perform on Jay Leno tonght. Again, her site...PRISCILLA AHN

Hope you can check her out. I have known her since she was a bean sprout and have had many Korean meals at her parents home.

Jun 11th, '08, 21:43

by henley » Jun 11th, '08, 21:43

Thanx for all the bday wishes!!! Told hubby I'd like to spend every bday at the beach from now on. Yeah riiiiiight...

No tea yet. Been home a couple of hours & trying to get things settled before I spend the rest of my bday sharing a cuppa OBO w/hubby.

Jun 11th, '08, 21:50

by Geekgirl » Jun 11th, '08, 21:50

Hmmm... my dachshund likes the silver needles too. I had the leaves in a little saucer to compare with the photo from my Tao vs Adagio photo, turned around and he was gobbling them up.

Here's the little miscreant:

Jun 11th, '08, 22:28

by Katrina » Jun 11th, '08, 22:28

Salsero wrote:I will be watching for those peonies ... How many colors? What will you do about the ants?
I only have 2 colors at this point - the fuschia ones that were here when we bought the house and the red ones I recently added. I'm hoping to start adding more now that I've gotten some of my other gardening issues under control. Look out next year!

My neighbor has some spectacular stands of pale pink and white that I happily enjoy out my window.

Ah, the ants. They do love my peonies. We've come to an understanding. I won't use chemicals on them as long as they promise not to destroy the peonies. 8) My highly scientific technique before the buds open is to give the flower stalks a good "flick" each day to knock the ants off or to give them a bit of a blast with the hose. After they open, I let the ants enjoy them right along with me.

Jun 11th, '08, 22:44

by RussianSoul » Jun 11th, '08, 22:44

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: Here's the little miscreant:

He is adorable. And looks like he is up to no good again! :twisted:

Jun 11th, '08, 22:48

by chamekke » Jun 11th, '08, 22:48

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:Hmmm... my dachshund likes the silver needles too. I had the leaves in a little saucer to compare with the photo from my Tao vs Adagio photo, turned around and he was gobbling them up.

I like Silver Needles too, but that photograph is totally worth the price of a few leaves.

Hey, maybe your pup should write some tea reviews! I'd love to know which teas he likes best :wink:

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Jun 11th, '08, 23:21

by Salsero » Jun 11th, '08, 23:21

Katrina wrote: the fuschia ones that were here when we bought the house and the red ones I recently added.
I have heard that peonies get bigger, better, stronger the longer they stay planted in the same spot. Is this true?

Jun 11th, '08, 23:22

Dell

by jim109 » Jun 11th, '08, 23:22

Dell has always been good to me. Just sent me a new printer even though it was my fault the other broke(for free)!! Had Yunnan Gold from Tea Spring today, very nice! jim

Jun 11th, '08, 23:33

by auggy » Jun 11th, '08, 23:33

Cinnamon Kitty wrote:
auggy wrote:
Salsero wrote:
auggy wrote: BTW, Dell totally sucks.
Oh, poor baby! Vent please.
If I start venting, I'm going to cry. And that sounds totally wussy, but I don't care. I'm so mad at Dell and getting jerked around by them day after day. Supposed to be "next day on-site service" and they were called Friday and it still isn't done. :evil: :evil: :evil: And I've had a crappy weak even excluding the my-laptop-is-an-effing-brick issues and I'm also apparently having major issues about the vet trip Monday and keep freaking about about Nibby dying even though it has been two months and I feel like I should be better.

The only good thing about this week has been tea related - I got the tea pass box yesterday and a Special Teas order today which included my first yixing.

And dammit, now I'm crying. I hate this week. I need more tea.
Dell gave me problems with my first laptop a few years ago. My parents got me a decent Inspiron for Christmas my first year of college. Almost exactly a year later, it decided that it wouldn't connect to the power cord. The cord would connect, but the computer wouldn't read that it was attached. Dell came and replaced all the motherboard and processor after determining that the link for the power was broken. It worked fine for about one month and then died completely. I mean, I was sitting there playing a game and all of the sudden it went "bzzzt" and died. So after both my father and I harassed Dell on the phone, they sent someone to replace the motherboard and processor for a second time, blaming the problems the first time with the lack of grounding on the technician. A month after that, it gets the power cord issue again even with completely new components. Dad finally used the threat of him having influence at his work that buys many Dell computers, so they sent me a top of the line (at the time) wide-screen media center notebook that was better than the other one in all ways. I've had that one for about two years with no problems beyond that it is beaten up pretty badly from constant use and being dragged back and forth across campus. It definitely pays to call them many times in order to get things done.

That sound a lot like my Gateway issues. In the two years I had it, the power supply shorted out, the motherboard had to be replaced, the hard drive had to be replaced twice, the fan had to be replaced, and the casing had to be replaced twice due to cracks for normal wear. Fortunately, it was under warranty, but towards the end of that saga, they told me they'd repair it for free and take care of shipping, but would charge me $44 for the box they'd send to me. WHAT?

This is the only problem I've had with my Dell and I got it in August of last year. It is good to me and I work it hard. The old Gateway is currently sitting under a desk collecting dust. In theory we could sell it, but I wouldn't wish that piece of junk on my worst enemy so I guess it will continue to take up floor space.

Jun 11th, '08, 23:34

by auggy » Jun 11th, '08, 23:34

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:Hmmm... my dachshund likes the silver needles too. I had the leaves in a little saucer to compare with the photo from my Tao vs Adagio photo, turned around and he was gobbling them up.

So cute! He makes my heart go all soft and squishy.

Jun 12th, '08, 02:12

by Chip » Jun 12th, '08, 02:12

auggy wrote:

So cute! He makes my heart go all soft and squishy.
SO, which leaves did he prefer??? :lol:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!