Wednesday should be TeaDay, 6/11/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

"Tea na" wondered where were you when you discovered TEA?

Home
59%
Work
9%
School
6%
Vacation
4%
With a friend
11%
Another country
2%
Other
9%

Total votes: 54

Jun 11th, '08, 13:36

by Tea na » Jun 11th, '08, 13:36

HI,

I started drinking tea when I was in France on vacation. Have been drinking it ever since. Adagio teas were my first loose leaf tea. I do have some Twinnings bags for when I'm at work.

I'm drinking (or eating) matcha this morning, then I have a cup of golden monkey waiting for me. I just got the matcha powder yesterday. I patiently waited for my water to get to 160F and the cup is very nice. I can feel the effects already, I might actually get some things done today with my tea "high".

Happy sipping!
Tea Na

Jun 11th, '08, 14:04

by keelyn » Jun 11th, '08, 14:04

I chose "home" but my real obsession started because of the internet.

When I was little I lived with my grandparents who drank 4 cups of milky Red Rose tea a day. I dosed mine with sugar. In high school I drank much more sweetened iced tea than soda. Toward the end of high school (my pagan era) I found a pagan store called Azure Green online that had a few kinds of loose tea.

When they discontinued their tea line I was at a loss. Being a geek through and through I was subscribed to the Diggnation podcast. On one of the episodes Kevin Rose announced that he loved tea and bought tea from Adagio.com.

I placed an order from Adagio immediately, started reading teachat, and stopped adding milk and sugar to my tea. Now Yixing pots dance in my head at night and I always have something steeping in water. And it's all your fault, Adagio!

Jun 11th, '08, 14:09

by Pentox » Jun 11th, '08, 14:09

keelyn wrote: I placed an order from Adagio immediately, started reading teachat, and stopped adding milk and sugar to my tea. Now Yixing pots dance in my head at night and I always have something steeping in water. And it's all your fault, Adagio!
My guess is they would accept that blame wholeheartedly.

Jun 11th, '08, 14:45
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 11th, '08, 14:45

Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote:
Victoria wrote:
auggy wrote:Happy Bday Omegapd and Henley!
Is this Mr. Auggy?
:wink:
Yep, I'm the pink one, he's wearing the red hat. Our family pictures clash horribly! :lol:
But the red cherries match the hat so well. And the candle matches the filling so well!
And a pink monkey with a purple tail doesn't clash on its own...actually, the cake matches you perfectly.

I first tried tea at college, but first got into tea at "home" and I think it was RoT. Back in '99 it was a lot better than today's IMHO. But I was instantly hooked on the whole tea thing instantly (yes, instantly), like someone turned on a switch. That black and white.

Nepal FF from adagio to start the day...excellent.

Fukamushi shincha currently...4th steep.

I am kind of going crazy trying to decide what to shincha open next. I will be opening 1-3 shincha in the next week. I have pretty few teas open at any time, so choosing a tea to drink is not hard for me. But choosing what to open can take me days to decide. :roll: :oops:

Jun 11th, '08, 14:47

by Pentox » Jun 11th, '08, 14:47

Chip wrote: I am kind of going crazy trying to decide what to shincha open next. I will be opening 1-3 shincha in the next week. I have pretty few teas open at any time, so choosing a tea to drink is not hard for me. But choosing what to open can take me days to decide. :roll: :oops:
What are your options at the moment? We will help you decide!

Jun 11th, '08, 15:09

by auggy » Jun 11th, '08, 15:09

Chip wrote: And a pink monkey with a purple tail doesn't clash on its own....
Nope, you are right. It doesn't. :lol:

WONDERFUL NEWS!Maybe..
Dell got the part today and is planning to come by my work. YAY! But since I get off at 4, he might not be able to make it. BOO! But if that happens, he'll try to get to the house tonight to fix it. YAY! But he might not be able to get there before six. BOO!

Fingers crossed that I have a working 'puter again tonight.

Oh, and I finally got tired of the TKY staring at me. I'm drinking it now. Yum.

Jun 11th, '08, 15:12

by Pentox » Jun 11th, '08, 15:12

auggy wrote:

WONDERFUL NEWS!Maybe..
Dell got the part today and is planning to come by my work. YAY! But since I get off at 4, he might not be able to make it. BOO! But if that happens, he'll try to get to the house tonight to fix it. YAY! But he might not be able to get there before six. BOO!

Yaaay! here's hoping for a working puter!

Jun 11th, '08, 15:17

by tenuki » Jun 11th, '08, 15:17

Two passions fueling each other, some simple Bach and some complex Baozhong for lunch....

Omega and Henley - I played 'Happy Birthday To You' - Felonious Monk style (my nickname in college because I murdered all the jazz classics ;) ).

Two shots I didn't use but liked:
Image and Image .
Last edited by tenuki on Jun 11th, '08, 15:34, edited 2 times in total.

Jun 11th, '08, 15:21

by Chip » Jun 11th, '08, 15:21

tenuki wrote:Two passions fueling each other....

Very classy! Thought provoking.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 11th, '08, 15:29

by Chip » Jun 11th, '08, 15:29

auggy wrote:

WONDERFUL NEWS!Maybe..

I suspect you truly are a purple tailed pink monkey!

Jun 11th, '08, 15:29

by Katrina » Jun 11th, '08, 15:29

I voted "home" but it wasn't the home where I grew up with my parents. It was my"home" with my then-boyfriend/now husband when we graduated from college.

I hesitate to even do this because there are such amazing photographers here. BUT, I FINALLY have a few flowers in the garden and wanted to share. My first rose and one of the irises that's been blooming. The peonies popped today, but no photos yet. Soon...

Fukamushi Sencha today...

...and Spring 2007 Oolong.

Happy birthday, Henley and Omegapd. Enjoy the day!

Jun 11th, '08, 15:42

by tenuki » Jun 11th, '08, 15:42

Katrina wrote: I FINALLY have a few flowers in the garden and wanted to share. My first rose and one of the irises that's been blooming.
Thanks! I love that iris, they are so beautiful. Mine haven't started blooming yet so it's nice to live vicariously. :D

ps. you have great taste in Kyuusu, I have one almost identical to that one.
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Jun 11th, '08, 15:46

by Victoria » Jun 11th, '08, 15:46

tenuki wrote:Two passions fueling each other, some simple Bach and some complex Baozhong for lunch....

Beautiful Pic! Wow. And the tea looks delish too.
I even like the cup, I know - :shock:

Jun 11th, '08, 15:46

by Chip » Jun 11th, '08, 15:46

tenuki wrote:
Katrina wrote: I FINALLY have a few flowers in the garden and wanted to share. My first rose and one of the irises that's been blooming.
Thanks! I love that iris, they are so beautiful. Mine haven't started blooming yet so it's nice to live vicariously. :D

ps. you have great taste in Kyuusu, I have one almost identical to that one.
And I have that exact Yixing!

Thanx for sharing the photos. Like you needed to tell us that was fukamushi??? BUT, which one is it...and which steep? Looks like a second steep.

Jun 11th, '08, 15:49

by Chip » Jun 11th, '08, 15:49

Pentox wrote:
Chip wrote: I am kind of going crazy trying to decide what to shincha open next. I will be opening 1-3 shincha in the next week. I have pretty few teas open at any time, so choosing a tea to drink is not hard for me. But choosing what to open can take me days to decide. :roll: :oops:
What are your options at the moment? We will help you decide!
What an interesting notion...allow others to control my destiny!?! :idea: :wink:

I might just do this, though. I don't have my list here.