Yeah Monday TeaDay 6/16/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

The very last time you tried a tea for the very FIRST time was...?

Today...wooo hooo
16%
Yesterday...w@@t
18%
Less than a week ago...
33%
Less than a month ago...
20%
Less than 3 months ago
8%
Less than 6 months ago
2%
Way too long it would appear.
4%

Total votes: 51

Jun 16th, '08, 21:35

by Katrina » Jun 16th, '08, 21:35

I seem to feel the need to try a new tea at least once a week. It's kind of an illness of mine. :cry: Who am I kidding? This is more like it: :D

The house had reached a frightening level of clutter so I didn't delve into the tea department too much today. Too busy cleaning. I grabbed a quick glass of an iced English Breakfast (home made with loose leaf at least) and that was about it. I'll try harder tomorrow. Don't banish me.

And V, I'm in love with that cup...Wowee...
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Jun 16th, '08, 21:44
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 16th, '08, 21:44

Victoria wrote:
henley wrote:
Victoria wrote:Henley - I have a lot of B&W Toile in my dining room, I was so fortunate to find these cups on eBay! Can't pass them along, but you are welcome to come for tea.
I accept your invitation. Let's see... if I get in the car & leave right now I should be there by Friday. Got the spare room ready? :lol:
Great! I'll see if I can get of work early ... any excuse!

And I will actually be able to make a pot of tea instread of one cup.
I'm so excited, shoot, I should just take the rest of the week off!
Is this girls only, or can I bring my gaiwan and kyusu and tiny Asian cups to play too??? :wink:

Drinking another weird blend of happy ending of Japanese shincha. I don't remember what I even put in it, except I made up the balance with more Hashiri. It is really good.

Jun 16th, '08, 22:36

by Victoria » Jun 16th, '08, 22:36

Chip wrote:
Victoria wrote:
henley wrote:
Victoria wrote:Henley - I have a lot of B&W Toile in my dining room, I was so fortunate to find these cups on eBay! Can't pass them along, but you are welcome to come for tea.
I accept your invitation. Let's see... if I get in the car & leave right now I should be there by Friday. Got the spare room ready? :lol:
Great! I'll see if I can get of work early ... any excuse!

And I will actually be able to make a pot of tea instread of one cup.
I'm so excited, shoot, I should just take the rest of the week off!
Is this girls only, or can I bring my gaiwan and kyusu and tiny Asian cups to play too??? :wink:

Drinking another weird blend of happy ending of Japanese shincha. I don't remember what I even put in it, except I made up the balance with more Hashiri. It is really good.
Of course you can come! I'll make a double pot of ORANGE BLOSSOM OOLONG!
Forget your tiny cups, I'll be serving up that OBO in 15 oz Bodums. Yum, yum!

Jun 16th, '08, 22:56

by trent » Jun 16th, '08, 22:56

Tried glass brewing for the 1st time today... makes tea much better. In my cup, some silver needles.

Jun 16th, '08, 23:23

new tea

by jim109 » Jun 16th, '08, 23:23

Had Fukamushi Sencha Supreme this weekend for the first time. Yunnan Gold this AM. Hot tub with illuminated tea cup (beverage) holders in about 3 weeks!!!! Can't wait!!!! Is this considered "teaware"? Jim Pics are comming Tenuki.... :D

Jun 17th, '08, 01:05

by Salsero » Jun 17th, '08, 01:05

Katrina wrote:I seem to feel the need to try a new tea at least once a week. It's kind of an illness of mine. :cry: Who am I kidding? This is more like it: :D
Unfortunate young people like Katrina lead me to feel that we all need to just move to some big empty place in the South West and start a tea commune. Then we could just pass around the tea and zone out for days on end, you know, sort of build on the successes of the Hippies in the 1960s. We could listen to music too.

Course, we would probably lose all ambition and motivation; eventually friends and family would forget that we ever existed; and wild animals would finally eat us. But heck, there's a downside to everything! Only those with no vision think of the Bodum Pavina Double-Walled Thermo Glass as half empty when it's really half full.

Jun 17th, '08, 02:51

by tenuki » Jun 17th, '08, 02:51

henley wrote:
tenuki wrote:Girly girl Victoria. I guess that's ok since, uh, you're a girl. ;D
Thank you, Tenuki. It's nice that somebody finally realizes that those of us who like the girly teaware are girls! :wink: :lol:
Except for Sal, he claims to be a boy...

:roll:
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Jun 17th, '08, 04:15

by bi lew chun » Jun 17th, '08, 04:15

Victoria wrote:
bi lew chun wrote:I think the most recent was Long Juan tie guan yin about a week ago.
Oh my! Is that the one from Jing?? That was just the best oolong ever. How did you like it?
Indeed it is, and I enjoyed it quite a bit, though I still feel like there's room to get to know it better. I put down some thoughts on it here, if you're interested.

Jun 17th, '08, 09:25

by Salsero » Jun 17th, '08, 09:25

tenuki wrote:Except for Sal, he claims to be a boy...
Ahhhh, Tenuki, that's sooooooooo sweet. That deserves some big ((( )))s and a special invitation to stop by for some tea! Yummmy.
I'll be waiting for you at the train station...
bi lew chun wrote:
Victoria wrote:Oh my! Is that the one from Jing?? That was just the best oolong ever. How did you like it?
Indeed it is, and I enjoyed it quite a bit, though I still feel like there's room to get to know it better. I put down some thoughts on it, if you're interested.
Wow, Lew, how have I missed your blog all this time! Thanks for the linky. Looks great!

Didn't Jing have two or three Long Juan TGY? One with the tasting set and a different one (or two) offered for individual sale? Also, some months ago, I think Sebastien mentioned something about them starting to grow some of their own tea. Have you heard any more about that?
Last edited by Salsero on Jun 17th, '08, 10:24, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 17th, '08, 09:34

by Victoria » Jun 17th, '08, 09:34

bi lew chun wrote:
Victoria wrote:
bi lew chun wrote:I think the most recent was Long Juan tie guan yin about a week ago.
Oh my! Is that the one from Jing?? That was just the best oolong ever. How did you like it?
Indeed it is, and I enjoyed it quite a bit, though I still feel like there's room to get to know it better. I put down some thoughts on it here, if you're interested.
Thank you! I will check that out a little later today.
This tea is simply amazing. And sadly gone.
:) :(

Jun 17th, '08, 09:40

by Victoria » Jun 17th, '08, 09:40

Salsero wrote:
Ahhhh, Tenuki, that's sooooooooo sweet. That deserves some big ((( )))s and a special invitation to stop by for some tea! Yummmy.
bi lew chun wrote:
Victoria wrote:Oh my! Is that the one from Jing?? That was just the best oolong ever. How did you like it?
Indeed it is, and I enjoyed it quite a bit, though I still feel like there's room to get to know it better. I put down some thoughts on it, if you're interested.
Wow, Lew, how have I missed your blog all this time! Thanks for the linky. Looks great!

Didn't Jing have two or three Long Juan TGY? One with the tasting set and a different one (or two) offered for individual sale? Also, some months ago, I think Sebastien mentioned something about them starting to grow some of their own tea. Have you heard any more about that?
Awww Sal you are so cute! Linky to the big shot so we can get a better look at you!

I think the Long Juan was only in the tasting set, those in the know purchased
extra through Sebastien on their own.
:wink:

Jun 17th, '08, 09:55

by Katrina » Jun 17th, '08, 09:55

Salsero wrote:I'll be waiting for you at the train station...
You know when you've never met someone but have talked by phone or e-mail you get a mental image of them. For whatever reason, Sal, I always pictured you as taller.

Jun 17th, '08, 12:49

by bi lew chun » Jun 17th, '08, 12:49

Salsero wrote:
bi lew chun wrote:
Thanks! You've probably missed it because it's brandy new.
Salsero wrote: Didn't Jing have two or three Long Juan TGY? One with the tasting set and a different one (or two) offered for individual sale? Also, some months ago, I think Sebastien mentioned something about them starting to grow some of their own tea. Have you heard any more about that?
I've seen at least one other Long Juan at Jing. The "unblended" sounds intriguing. Nope, haven't heard anything there, but that would be fun!

Jun 17th, '08, 13:52

by Chip » Jun 17th, '08, 13:52

Salsero wrote:
This cannot be Sal, of course, any boyhood photos of him would be very grainy and in B&W. :wink:

Jun 17th, '08, 14:00

by auggy » Jun 17th, '08, 14:00

Victoria wrote:
Salsero wrote: Is there some way to get a look at a bigger file of this image. There's stuff here a guy's got to see!
Clicky:
OMG, you have a chicken on your teacup! I WANT! :lol: