Thursday will be TeaDay 6/19/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Your ONE favorite teaware color is...?

Clear
27%
White
11%
Blue
16%
Green
7%
Brown
13%
red/orange
4%
Purple
No votes
Tan
2%
Black
2%
Silver
No votes
Other
18%

Total votes: 45

Jun 19th, '08, 10:07

by auggy » Jun 19th, '08, 10:07

I voted blue, but specifically blue with white interior. Of course, maybe I just feel that way because my fav yunomi is like that... and it is my favorite not only because it is pretty, but mostly because I bought it in Kamakura after visiting the daibutsu and that was such a lovely, nature-y day that it always brings me feelings of happiness and pleasant nostalgia.

Wedding tea blend this morning. MIL woke me up at 6:15am with a phone call. Who on earth would call someone at 6:15 just to chat? I was worried that someone had died.

I wanna get home. I've had some iffy tea experiences the past week or so and set out a yummy pouchong for after work so I'm anxious to get to it. Should have brought it to work. I actually thought about it, but after my 6:15 wake up call, I wasn't thinking clearly enough to have confidence that I would get everything I needed. So now I will just spend my day watching the clock, counting down to post-work oolong.

Jun 19th, '08, 10:11
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jun 19th, '08, 10:11

TimeforTea wrote:I voted other, since I don't have a favorite.

This morning, I reached way back into my tea cabinet (yes, that's BEHIND all the oolongs!!) and brewed an older sample of Jasmine Yin-Hao green tea.
Awww, I thought you decided that you absolutely love glass the best!
I'm happy to hear oolongs are front and center!

Sal - Wow you are certainly expanding your accessories collection!
First of all nice chataku, lovely in the petal shape!
Second - wow, what is that a teapot rest? That is just too cool. :mrgreen:
Third - adorable scoop!

Jun 19th, '08, 10:19

by henley » Jun 19th, '08, 10:19

auggy wrote:MIL woke me up at 6:15am with a phone call. Who on earth would call someone at 6:15 just to chat? I was worried that someone had died.
Time to remove the rope from Del guy's neck & use it on you MIL!
Victoria wrote: Third - adorable scoop!
Ditto!

No favorite color teaware. I'm one of those people who can't really describe what I like but I know it when I see it.

Made "Princess Oolong" tea for my 5 yr old this morning. Her favorite fruit is strawberries so I mixed Adagio's wild strawberry tisane w/vanilla oolong tea. She loved it cause it was pink.

Finally back in the cup is Oolong #40! :D

Jun 19th, '08, 10:47

by auggy » Jun 19th, '08, 10:47

henley wrote:
auggy wrote:MIL woke me up at 6:15am with a phone call. Who on earth would call someone at 6:15 just to chat? I was worried that someone had died.
Time to remove the rope from Del guy's neck & use it on you MIL!
I'd agree with that. It was an hour later after I had finished brushing my teeth that I turned to DH and asked "Wait, did your mother call this morning???" Next time the phone gets handed to him. Of course, he probably wouldn't answer it. :roll:
henley wrote:Image
That is so neat - I love the little shell/foot thing on the cup.

Jun 19th, '08, 11:30

by geeber1 » Jun 19th, '08, 11:30

Everyone's photos are beautiful ... makes me envious and eager to learn more about tea so I know what everything is!

I chose "other" for teaware because I'm new to tea and haven't collected anything yet. My favorite mug to drink tea from is pink with flowers. I like it because it holds a LOT of tea, but I don't think it counts as teaware.

Today I had a combination of Assam Melody and Ceylon Sonata, iced. (Is it sacrilege to mix the two together?)

auggy, those early a.m. phone calls are about as much fun as the late p.m. ones, aren't they? Gotta love the in-laws!

Jun 19th, '08, 11:33

by Salsero » Jun 19th, '08, 11:33

auggy wrote: MIL woke me up at 6:15am with a phone call... I turned to DH and asked "Wait, did your mother call this morning???"
Auggy, we're going to have to put you on the payroll here just for the entertainment value your life provides us!
auggy wrote:
henley wrote: ANOTHER GREAT GIRLY CUP PIC by Henley.

That is so neat - I love the little shell/foot thing on the cup..
Yes, very cool, Henley. You have converted me into a fan of these things.

Jun 19th, '08, 11:37

by auggy » Jun 19th, '08, 11:37

Salsero wrote:
auggy wrote: MIL woke me up at 6:15am with a phone call... I turned to DH and asked "Wait, did your mother call this morning???"
Auggy, we're going to have to put you on the payroll here just for the entertainment value your life provides us!
Hey, I've got to be good for something, right? :lol:

Jun 19th, '08, 11:46

by Victoria » Jun 19th, '08, 11:46

Nice to see you geeber1, I love my big teacups too!

Henley - Stunning in purple! Absolutely divine!
Wow!

My first cup this mornng was Tung Ting from GeekGirl.

Have a nice day everyone!

Jun 19th, '08, 12:05

by augie » Jun 19th, '08, 12:05

Victoria wrote: Sal - Wow you are certainly expanding your accessories collection!
Third - adorable scoop!
You notice in all his photos, you don't see much teaware repeated!!! :wink:
Another fine photo, Salsero.

My favorite teacup is a Forlife peach-colored 4 oz. cup. Has really thick walls, however still conducts heat quite nicely. :?

AUGGY: Your MIL was probably up for hours by 6 a.m., and wondering what your problem was!!!

Jun 19th, '08, 12:12

by Katrina » Jun 19th, '08, 12:12

That question is MUCH too hard. I finally picked brown because I adore deep chocolate brown clay teapots. For cups though I tend to prefer white so I can really look at the tea.

Auggy - Sorry for your early morning wake up call. My brother-in-law used to call at 1 or 2 a.m. shocked that he woke us up. Who ARE these people? My rule is to never call anyone before 10 a.m. or after 9 p.m. unless I'm CERTAIN of their schedule.

Off to make my first cup of the day. I think I'm going to try one of the pu'erhs that Tenuki shared with me.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Jun 19th, '08, 12:13

by Katrina » Jun 19th, '08, 12:13

And by the way, Henley, you are definitely renewing my interest in using my china cups. That one is gorgeous!
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Jun 19th, '08, 12:18

by themadhatter444 » Jun 19th, '08, 12:18

My girlfriend and I love our black teacups.

Today: Just finished some Green Anji. I'm beginning to LOVE this tea. Looking forward to some lemongrass when I get home, and some Snowbud before bed.

Jun 19th, '08, 12:31

by auggy » Jun 19th, '08, 12:31

Katrina wrote:Auggy - Sorry for your early morning wake up call. My brother-in-law used to call at 1 or 2 a.m. shocked that he woke us up. Who ARE these people? My rule is to never call anyone before 10 a.m. or after 9 p.m. unless I'm CERTAIN of their schedule.
That's my thinking, too! (Though I tend to do 9am to 9pm). And MIL goes to bed at like 4am so if she was up at 6, it was probably because she was still up! She normally sleeps until 1pm if she not scheduled to work so I'm not sure what she was thinking. :shock:

And now that I am thinking about it, I'm not sure where the phone is. I think it might be in the bed still. :oops:

Jun 19th, '08, 12:38

by Pentox » Jun 19th, '08, 12:38

auggy wrote:I voted blue, but specifically blue with white interior. Of course, maybe I just feel that way because my fav yunomi is like that... and it is my favorite not only because it is pretty, but mostly because I bought it in Kamakura after visiting the daibutsu and that was such a lovely, nature-y day that it always brings me feelings of happiness and pleasant nostalgia.

Wedding tea blend this morning. MIL woke me up at 6:15am with a phone call. Who on earth would call someone at 6:15 just to chat? I was worried that someone had died.

I wanna get home. I've had some iffy tea experiences the past week or so and set out a yummy pouchong for after work so I'm anxious to get to it. Should have brought it to work. I actually thought about it, but after my 6:15 wake up call, I wasn't thinking clearly enough to have confidence that I would get everything I needed. So now I will just spend my day watching the clock, counting down to post-work oolong.
<sigh> the poor daily struggle of Auggy. If someone calls me at 6:15 unless it's work, i probably won't answer. The mute button on my phone is a wonderful thing.

I chose clear for the poll since i love glassware.

this morning's cup: The last of my teance yunnan gold.

Jun 19th, '08, 12:49

by Salsero » Jun 19th, '08, 12:49

auggy wrote: ... so I'm not sure what she was thinking.
She must really value you as part of her family. There's no one we victimize more than family!