Monday must be a TeaDay 6/23/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Again, your 2 scents worth please, what is your least desirable TeaAroma?

Floral
4%
Fruity
2%
Sweet/honey
No votes
Veggie of the astringent kind
5%
Veggie...like corn
4%
Nutty
2%
Smokey
5%
Grassy
No votes
Toasty
2%
Grainy
No votes
Marine
51%
Other
13%
I don't know where to begin for pu-erh, so all other pu aromas go here.
13%

Total votes: 55

Jun 23rd, '08, 14:12
Scrolling: scrolling

by scruffmcgruff » Jun 23rd, '08, 14:12

I can't stand strong veggie flavors. Gyokuro tastes like liquid zucchini to me. *shudder*
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Jun 23rd, '08, 14:18

by auggy » Jun 23rd, '08, 14:18

Tea na wrote:I don't like it when my tea smells like shrimp, so I voted Marine.

No tea yet this morning....need to fixt that....

Tea Na
Strangely enough, my tissues smell like shrimp today. Not sure what caused that but it is so not cool.

Jun 23rd, '08, 14:23

by Victoria » Jun 23rd, '08, 14:23

Chip wrote:
Victoria wrote:Here is my new cup and saucer from Tevana - in my cup is Beidou Yi Hou Wuyi oolong from TeaCuppa. See? I do like darker oolongs too.

~clicky for a closer look~
2 Foo dogs or lions (my mind is foggy and can't remember what they are), but only one cup? Well, I bet the cup is big knowing Victoria!
Actually the cup is only 6oz. I just liked the texture of it. It is Tenana's Linen Cup and is matte outside and glazed inside very lovely in person.

Foo Dogs is the name but they are lions. And always in pairs. The male has his paw on top of and protecting the world, the female has her paw protecting famliy.

Jun 23rd, '08, 15:40

by xine » Jun 23rd, '08, 15:40

Just drinking oolong anTEAdote today...and water. Not feeling up for anything hot, since I'm stationed in the warehouse, and it's a bit warmer out here.

I chose marine. I don't think I would be a fan of any sort of fishy smelling tea, though I enjoy the way the beach/ocean smells. However, the whole 'marine' smell reminds me of ochazuke.

I also haven't been able to smell anything very well in the past three days or so due to a cold. It's quite upsetting.

Jun 23rd, '08, 15:45

by RussianSoul » Jun 23rd, '08, 15:45

I really dislike 99% of all artificial aromas and flavors that are added to tea. I just had to state that before I could get to the question at hand.

From natural aromas and flavors pondy, fishy (like second day fish), barn and fertilizer are at the top of the list to be avoided. Marine, I am not sure what people mean by marine, but if this is sencha-like sea aroma - I like it.

My cup is empty at the moment, I am trying to decide if I should open Kirameki.

Jun 23rd, '08, 15:51

by scruffmcgruff » Jun 23rd, '08, 15:51

Having some Miyabi shincha today, thanks to Chip.

Mmm!
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Jun 23rd, '08, 15:56

by Katrina » Jun 23rd, '08, 15:56

I voted "Other" because none really bothered me. Then all the discussion of "seaweedy" tea reminded me of a really unpleasant tea experience I had once. Now I can't get it out of my head. Thanks a bunch.

Thunderstorms all day here. This is what I hope the majority of my day consists of. (Clearly that will require LONG naps from the kiddos.)

A peach ginger tea and a rose petal tea so far. Not my usual cuppa but really enjoyable.
Last edited by Katrina on Jun 23rd, '08, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 23rd, '08, 16:06

by Chip » Jun 23rd, '08, 16:06

xine wrote:Just drinking oolong anTEAdote today...and water. Not feeling up for anything hot, since I'm stationed in the warehouse, and it's a bit warmer out here.

I chose marine. I don't think I would be a fan of any sort of fishy smelling tea, though I enjoy the way the beach/ocean smells. However, the whole 'marine' smell reminds me of ochazuke.

I also haven't been able to smell anything very well in the past three days or so due to a cold. It's quite upsetting.
...2 out of 3 mods have colds so far...and ditto...can't smell anything.

All the subtleties of sencha are replaced by rudimentary TASTE only...basically sweet and bitter...it is amazing how much bitterness (or what we like to call astringency) there actually is in sencha when everything else is undetectable.

Speaking of MARINE since marine is getting picked on today...NOW THIS IS MARINE TEA

Jun 23rd, '08, 16:08

by Chip » Jun 23rd, '08, 16:08

RussianSoul wrote: My cup is empty at the moment, I am trying to decide if I should open Kirameki.
Yes...you definately should! The Kirameki is sold out til next shincha...alas...mine is gone but never forgotten.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 23rd, '08, 16:09

by Chip » Jun 23rd, '08, 16:09

scruffmcgruff wrote:Having some Miyabi shincha today, thanks to Chip.

Mmm!
Encore for the MIYABI!!! :!:

Jun 23rd, '08, 16:21

by CynTEAa » Jun 23rd, '08, 16:21

Mmmmm miyabi looks good. Hope both mods feel better soon! Just getting over a 'thing' myself - at least I hope so.

Yunnan Gold this morning in a new mug! Will post a pic of it and a new teapot soon.

And then this afternoon some Nepal FF. Need one more cup of something before 5 pm.... mmmmmiyabi...maybe

Jun 23rd, '08, 16:26

by Chip » Jun 23rd, '08, 16:26

CynTEAa wrote:Mmmmm miyabi looks good. Hope both mods feel better soon! Just getting over a 'thing' myself - at least I hope so.

Yunnan Gold this morning in a new mug! Will post a pic of it and a new teapot soon.

And then this afternoon some Nepal FF. Need one more cup of something before 5 pm.... mmmmmiyabi...maybe
Did you get Miyabi? I know you have some of my Fukamushi...or did. 'fess up!!! :shock:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 23rd, '08, 16:38

by Chip » Jun 23rd, '08, 16:38

Victoria wrote:
Chip wrote:
Victoria wrote:Here is my new cup and saucer from Tevana - in my cup is Beidou Yi Hou Wuyi oolong from TeaCuppa. See? I do like darker oolongs too.

~clicky for a closer look~
2 Foo dogs or lions (my mind is foggy and can't remember what they are), but only one cup? Well, I bet the cup is big knowing Victoria!
Actually the cup is only 6oz. I just liked the texture of it. It is Tenana's Linen Cup and is matte outside and glazed inside very lovely in person.

Foo Dogs is the name but they are lions. And always in pairs. The male has his paw on top of and protecting the world, the female has her paw protecting famliy.
6 ounces is "big," isn't it? 8) It sounds really nice, Victoria, simple and white. The matte finish sounds...sublime!

Jun 23rd, '08, 16:59

by auggy » Jun 23rd, '08, 16:59

Katrina wrote:Image

A peach ginger tea and a rose petal tea so far. Not my usual cuppa but really enjoyable.
Katrina, will you share with me what you are currently working on? The texture looks absolutely wonderful. Makes me want to pick up my hook and crochet some for the first time in a couple years (I realize you are knitting, but yeah, me and knitting haven't gotten along so well in the past - I'm still 1/2 way through a decorative pillow which was my first knit project :oops: ).

Jun 23rd, '08, 16:59

by Geekgirl » Jun 23rd, '08, 16:59

scruffmcgruff wrote:Having some Miyabi shincha today, thanks to Chip.

Mmm!

Wow, lovely cups, lovely shallow focus!