Wednesday TeaDay 6/25/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

"How quickly or easily do you "give up" on a tea you do not like...at least initially?" asks Auggy.

One attempt
11%
2-4 attempts
67%
5 or more attempts if I feel I am "figuring it out"
13%
To the "bitter" end!
9%

Total votes: 55

Jun 25th, '08, 23:03

by bronzebed » Jun 25th, '08, 23:03

kymidwife wrote: Then I decided to try some genmaicha for the first time, and I enjoyed it very much.

The genmaicha stopped up the slits in my glass infuser basket... so I was fiddling with it and ended up dropping it in the floor and shattering it. The pot is fine, but the infuser is no more. I shouldn't be handling glass when I am this tired. I guess I'll be throwing leaf right into the glass pot now... and strain it after. I love that little pot... maybe i can find a replacement basket.
ooooh, i love genmaicha. i have this favorite japanese/thai restaurant that i've been going to for over a decade and they have always served genmaicha there. whenever i have a cup of genmaicha i always think of that place and how wonderful the pad thai is. sorry to hear about your infuser basket. you might want to try contacting the company that makes the pots. they may send you a new one for free or for minimal amounts of money.

Jun 25th, '08, 23:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Jun 25th, '08, 23:28

I had a rotten tea day today, well my whole morning really. Everything I brewed tasted like blech, and I'm sure it was totally PIBKAC, or whatever the tea equivalent is. Then, I missed my bus, and was late for my first client, which thank goodness :| was my mother-in-law. Ha!

Then I drank bottled tea at New Seasons with my lunch, which was good for exactly as long as it was icy cold, when the temp came up enough to taste, it was pure dreck. bleh.

Now I am home, having my first yummy tea of the day, Orange Blossom oolong, iced, thanks to Victoria. *thank you* I'm not big on hot teas being flavored, but it's PERFECT for iced.

Ah, I feel better.

Here's my new little yunomi:

and a shot of the cup that I reposted in "show off:"

Jun 25th, '08, 23:32

by Victoria » Jun 25th, '08, 23:32

Congrats on you new cup! I don't like flavored oolong either, but that one is an exception. Try it hot sometime. :)

Jun 26th, '08, 01:42

by Sam. » Jun 26th, '08, 01:42

I said 2-4. I'll generally try a tea once and be able to decide that it's not my thing, but I'll usually give it another try or two to see if I can adjust the brewing at all to get a more acceptable liquor. Often, I can't. This has only happened a handful of times, though I have plenty of teas that are "okay," i.e. drinkable, but I don't love and therefore I only brew every other week or so.

Jun 26th, '08, 02:06

by chamekke » Jun 26th, '08, 02:06

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:Here's my new little yunomi:

and a shot of the cup that I reposted in "show off:"

Wow, beautiful cups! Nicely photographed too.

It did take me a moment to recognize the ice in the first shot as ice, though; I caught myself thinking, "Is that sliced ginger?" (The summer up here has been a little chilly so far... maybe that's why I didn't make the connection!)

Jun 26th, '08, 02:07

by insanitylater » Jun 26th, '08, 02:07

i'm in the every tea deserves a second chance camp. i actually wasn't fond of the rooibos jasmine i ordered a few months back. i probably complained a bit if you read the chat :lol:. i revisited the tea a week or so ago and it's like the time away from it mellowed it out a lot. it's actually nice to drink from time to time when i don't want caffeine. don't know if i'd purchase it but it's not a terrible tea.

if a tea is really nasty either throw it out or trick someone else into taking it :twisted:

i had iced sencha for breakfast today and later in the day. a sample of 2007 Guoyan Classics 88 Sheng

Jun 26th, '08, 02:08

by Chip » Jun 26th, '08, 02:08

I had my first really good TeaDay since being sick over the weekend. Tea tasted and smelled just like it should have.

3 great sencha today. Well, 2 great and one pretty good.

Last one today was Hashiri. Coming to the end of this one...which means I will get to open another one...likely Yutaka Midori.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 26th, '08, 02:26

by bi lew chun » Jun 26th, '08, 02:26

I had sencha with matcha earlier.

And now I'm on to tie guan yin. I love TGY at night!

Jun 26th, '08, 04:08

by Salsero » Jun 26th, '08, 04:08

bi lew chun wrote:Image
Just lovely, Lew!

Jun 26th, '08, 04:44

by bi lew chun » Jun 26th, '08, 04:44

Salsero wrote:Just lovely, Lew!
Thanks. 8)

Jun 26th, '08, 11:13

by LavenderPekoe » Jun 26th, '08, 11:13

I will drink it until it is gone or finds a tea drinker who likes it better. :oops:
Teas for trade: