Friday is dedicated to TeaDay, 6/27/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Rate your current teas, in general!

5, my current teas are top notch, off the hook!!!
18%
4, my current teas are very good
61%
3, my current teas are good
18%
2, ok, I am struggling a bit
4%
1, I need HELP!
No votes

Total votes: 56

Jun 27th, '08, 10:04
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jun 27th, '08, 10:04

#5 - My current teas are top notch.

It took awhile to figure out which of each tea I like the best, but now I feel I have the best of the best in each category. While I am always discovering new teas to love, right now wow, I have some truly amazing teas.

Happy Friday Everyone!

Edited for typos - I guess I wasn't quite awake this morning!
Last edited by Victoria on Jun 27th, '08, 11:33, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 27th, '08, 10:27

by RussianSoul » Jun 27th, '08, 10:27

I would rate my collection a 3 because it is half and half. The first half are top notch teas from Den's, O-Cha, TeaSpring, TeaGschwendner which I enjoy to no end and drink continuously. The other half are my experiments and trials that I don't drink anymore (ok, maybe once in a while to see if anything changed) but hesitate to get rid of.

Drinking Huang Ya for my first morning tea, a change from my usual Assam. It is too much of a summer here for Assam (I hope I am making sense.)

Jun 27th, '08, 10:29

by Chip » Jun 27th, '08, 10:29

I say 5 as well. I have some great teas...period. I can't think of a single tea to complain about.

I am starting the TeaDay with Golden Monkey from adagio...

Jun 27th, '08, 10:53

by auggy » Jun 27th, '08, 10:53

I voted a 4 - I am just starting to figure out the teas I want on hand in quantity but am still working through samples and finding which ones need to be stocked all the time.

I am so happy it is Friday. I'm even happier I'm not at working, having to deal with the last day of VBS, lice-infested munchkins, funeral set up for a 4 yo, and the fact that I'm 90% sure the person who was supposed to clean the carpets yesterday didn't simply because in his full-time job, he's managed by my husband who says he was working on a client's wireless network until at least 7pm last night. Considering he was supposed to be at the church no later than 5:30 to make sure the carpet had time to dry for VBS... yeah, pretty sure today is going to be fun dealing with all that stuff.

So instead of dealing with that junk, I get to go out to eat with my mom and then go shopping. A much better day!

No tea so far today. Mom will be here in about 10 mins so I might see if she wants to break out some TKY or something before we scoot.

Jun 27th, '08, 10:55

by olivierco » Jun 27th, '08, 10:55

Somewhere between 4.75 and 5, so I chose 5
After some years of research of high quality teas, I like to think that I managed to find the best teas according to my taste. But I also like to think that I will perhaps find even better teas.

This morning silver needles and now Darjeeling Phuguri FTGFOP1

Jun 27th, '08, 11:01

by chamekke » Jun 27th, '08, 11:01

RussianSoul wrote:I would rate my collection a 3 because it is half and half. The first half are top notch teas from Den's, O-Cha, TeaSpring, TeaGschwendner which I enjoy to no end and drink continuously. The other half are my experiments and trials that I don't drink anymore (ok, maybe once in a while to see if anything changed) but hesitate to get rid of.
Well, if you put it that way, maybe I'm a 3, too... :wink:

Seriously, there are some teas that I hang onto because I occasionally have guests that do enjoy them. For example, I'm not wild about either houjicha or Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime, but I'm not throwing them out because I have a couple of friends who really like these teas. It's wonderful to be able to offer a selection to guests that's actually wider than the one I drink from myself.

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Jun 27th, '08, 11:23

by geeber1 » Jun 27th, '08, 11:23

I chose 3, as I still have a lot to learn and lots of teas to try!

This morning iced ginger peach in a really fancy clear plastic cup. (no "real" cups here at work! :lol: )

Happy Friday, everyone!

Jun 27th, '08, 11:23

by Riene » Jun 27th, '08, 11:23

chamekke wrote:For example, I'm not wild about either houjicha or Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime, but I'm not throwing them out because I have a couple of friends who really like these teas. It's wonderful to be able to offer a selection to guests that's actually wider than the one I drink from myself.
Agreed. I'm not fond of the Tazo, Celestial Seasonings, Stash, etc, but I have friends/relatives who do like the herbal tisanes or the very mild black teas, so I keep them. Somewhere I even have a jar of Tang, instant tea, and lemonade mixed together. *shudders*

Part of being a good host is making sure your guests are happy.
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

Jun 27th, '08, 11:57

by tseirPsaduJ » Jun 27th, '08, 11:57

I chose struggling. Due to budget I haven't anything great in my cabinets right now. And I haven't been drinking much of anything resultingly. I am thankful for this experience though, because I know I will appreciate it when I have some REAL tea in the house.

Jun 27th, '08, 11:59

by Victoria » Jun 27th, '08, 11:59

My tea at work today is TeaSpring Jade TQY - thank you daughteroftheKing!

Jun 27th, '08, 12:13

by olivierco » Jun 27th, '08, 12:13

Time now for some gyokuro. I am going to try Ippodo's Kanro, their premium gyokuro, the third best gyokuro they sell (2000 yen for 50gr.)

Jun 27th, '08, 12:46

by kymidwife » Jun 27th, '08, 12:46

I voted 4... am in the sampling phase, and trying lots of different things. Some I am loving, some I am appreciating, and some I will not buy again. Overall, I think most of the teas I have are quite good and of above-average quality.

I'm still drinking Revolution's DragonEye Oolong iced this morning... I don't know why, but that light flavor is absolutely hitting the spot perfectly for me. I am still on a quest to find a comparable loose leaf oolong if anyone knows of one... I found myself cutting open the little bags today and dumping them into the infuser. It may not be the most expensive or high-end, but it's freakin delicious and exactly what I want at this moment.

I have some ice-brewed kukicha in the fridge for later... I find it is much more pleasant and less grassy when cold/ice brewed, but I am finding that I prefer all my greens this way... lovely, light, sweet, no bitterness, not too grassy. Ice brewing is working out really well!

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jun 27th, '08, 13:11

by Tea na » Jun 27th, '08, 13:11

I voted 4 because I really like my teas, but I'm still a relatively new tea drinker and have not tried many exotic or different teas. So I think there is room for growth.

I'm drinking English Breakfast tea this morning.

Have a wonderful day!
Tea Na
Tea-Na

Jun 27th, '08, 13:36

by Riene » Jun 27th, '08, 13:36

kymidwife wrote:I have some ice-brewed kukicha in the fridge for later... I find it is much more pleasant and less grassy when cold/ice brewed, but I am finding that I prefer all my greens this way... lovely, light, sweet, no bitterness, not too grassy. Ice brewing is working out really well!

Sarah
Sarah, how do you do ice brewing? I don't think I've heard of this before.
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

Jun 27th, '08, 13:43

by olivierco » Jun 27th, '08, 13:43

Ippodo's Kanro gyokuro was quite good.

Houjicha with my dinner in a few minutes.