Tuesday 7/01/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

OK, was yesterday a fluke. Which tea reigned supreme for you in the entire first half of 2008?

Black
25%
Oolong
33%
Green
32%
White
2%
Yellow
No votes
Pu-erh
7%
Rooibos
No votes
Herbal
2%
Yerbe Mate
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 57

Jul 1st, '08, 10:09

by Carnelian » Jul 1st, '08, 10:09

Since I found a decent quality TKY, oolong has been my go-to tea. Which is funny because after my first, less than pleasant, encounter with an oolong I all but completely wrote them off.
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Jul 1st, '08, 10:21
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jul 1st, '08, 10:21

Happy Sixtieth Sal!

Love the lidded hat pic!

In my cup this morning is a Yunnan from TeaSpring. Not as good as Adagio.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Jul 1st, '08, 10:25

by xine » Jul 1st, '08, 10:25

Oolong, oolong, how I long for oolong.

No tea just yet...but there is a new TeaMuse up! :) It's acting a bit wonky, but the main story- Tea in Restaurants- should be working by the end of the day. Check it out!

Jul 1st, '08, 10:51

by geeber1 » Jul 1st, '08, 10:51

I voted black because that's all I've really tried so far. Tomorrow I should have my oolong sampler so I may have to change my vote!

This morning I have iced Masala Chai with almond milk. mmmmmm!

Beautiful photo, Salsero, and happy sixtieth!

Jul 1st, '08, 10:55

by Katrina » Jul 1st, '08, 10:55

I'm so glad to have working internet access again. Our phone has been on the fritz (static on the line) so I've had EXTREMELY intermittent web access. So frustrating! I fear this good fortune is temporary so I thought I'd check in while I could!

In honor of the poll I'm enjoying some Red Robe Oolong. I must say I've been a complete oolong convert in 2008. I still enjoy the other kinds, but I'm in a very oolong place right now. (Although this weekend I was really into this Victorian Afternoon tea - a kind of milder version of Lapsang. Who knew I'd like it?)

Hooray! The day lilies are here!

Jul 1st, '08, 11:15

by Wesli » Jul 1st, '08, 11:15

I opened up the 2008 Fukamush Maki from Den's and am drinking it as my wake-up tea. I was surprised by a slap of sweetness that slid over my tongue as I took my first sip. Mmmmmm. Another good year.

Jul 1st, '08, 11:50

by olivierco » Jul 1st, '08, 11:50

Kirameki shincha just after work.

Jul 1st, '08, 11:56

by auggy » Jul 1st, '08, 11:56

Katrina wrote: Image
Katrina, that cup is so neat - I really like it. And lovely colors with the photo!

I thought about this probably too much, going back and forth between oolong and green (Japanese, since I've not been overly impressed by too many Chinese greens), but I ultimately voted oolong because I've found more "must have" oolongs than I have greens. Not that the greens haven't been really good - because they have - it's just that oolongs are less picky with brewing and that endears them to me. That and allergies + green = really icky taste, which is what I dealt with last night. Yesterday all over was a disappointing tea day. Hopefully today will be better.

The last of my pineapple sample today. :( It smells kinda funny, but it is yummy. Gonna have to get more.

Jul 1st, '08, 11:59

by Victoria » Jul 1st, '08, 11:59

Beautiful lilies Katrina!

Sweet Flower Oolong is my first cup at work.

Can you believe Chip set up this poll to show up Oolongs, and he's still loosing? Ha!
:twisted:

Jul 1st, '08, 12:21

by Katrina » Jul 1st, '08, 12:21

Victoria wrote:Can you believe Chip set up this poll to show up Oolongs, and he's still loosing? Ha!
:twisted:
I too was amused by the irony. :wink:
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Jul 1st, '08, 12:28

by olivierco » Jul 1st, '08, 12:28

As long as he is drinking japanese green, he can't be a loser.

Jul 1st, '08, 12:45

by Victoria » Jul 1st, '08, 12:45

olivierco wrote:As long as he is drinking japanese green, he can't be a loser.
Ahhh there's that Green mentality. A few more wuyi and you'll be coming over to the brown side.
:wink:

Jul 1st, '08, 13:25

by Chip » Jul 1st, '08, 13:25

Can it be...oolongs reigning supreme on TeaChat. :shock: This is a big upset if it holds.

I voted green...and as I stated yesterday, the Fukamushi Supreme could be my top pick of the year so far. Definately a Japanese green, but I had a bunch that were really great.

I started with some adagio Keemun Concerto, now...FUKAMUSHI SUPREME!!!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 1st, '08, 13:40

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jul 1st, '08, 13:40

TimeforTea wrote:More importantly for me regarding the first half of 2008: It's been six months since I have have a drop of coffee! I can't even tolerate the smell anymore! :)
Congrats!

Though I did take a liking to oolongs and tasted some that I really liked, my favorite for the first half of 2008 is O-ch'a Fukamushi Sencha Supreme. I think it is followed closely by White Tip Oolong and Oolong #8. Personally, I want to see an Iron Chef style battle: tea.

Today, I am happily trying to finish off more teas simply so I have a better excuse to purchase more. I finished off my Irish Breakfast sample this morning and learned an important lesson with it. Getting the bright idea to add fresh spearmint to Irish Breakfast did not result in something tasty. The sharp mint flavor did not blend well with the natural fruitiness of the Irish Breakfast at all. To make up for that mistake, I made a mug of Peach Oolong, finishing off the last of that tin.

Jul 1st, '08, 13:58

by Chip » Jul 1st, '08, 13:58

Salsero wrote:
Chip wrote:I have to ask though about the tea...the liquor looks milky??? Say it isn't so!!!!!!
It isn't so. The liquor is actually a pretty transparent light orange. I suspect the blue cup interior is at least one factor making it look milky for you. I like white interiors so much!
Yeah, I see it now. Thanx for straightening me out.

Lovely photos Sal, Lew and Katrina!!!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!