Thursday, 7/03/08 TeaDay

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Your Favorite GREEN thing? Green ftw!!!

GREEN TEA
57%
GREEN eggs and ham
11%
GREEN grass
9%
GREEN plants/trees
9%
GREEN beer
2%
GREEN beans
4%
GREENland
2%
GREENpeace
2%
GREEN Party
2%
GREEN Day
2%

Total votes: 53

Jul 3rd, '08, 16:46

by Tea na » Jul 3rd, '08, 16:46

chamekke wrote:
Tea na wrote:I had Irish Breakfast this morning, need to go get something else....maybe I'll try a green!

Happy Green Day!
Tea Na
Hey Tea Na,

I just have to ask you about your username! What is its significance? (Is it Irish, maybe? Tea Na nOg?)
Nothing so original, I'm Tina (Tea Na)....ha ha...

I love Dr. Seuss' sleep book, Cat and the Hat was ok, Cat and the Hat comes back is just icky. I hate all that pink goo from the bath tub....

If it were green goo....HA!

I had Dr Tea's Green Peppermint Patty (I don't have any Adagio Green) to honor today's Green Day. I didn't like the 3rd steep so I threw it out. I have some Lipton Green from Japan, I know it's Lipton, but maybe I'll try it later today.

Happy Green Tea Day everyone!
Tea-Na

Jul 3rd, '08, 16:49

by Tea na » Jul 3rd, '08, 16:49

auggy wrote:
Tea na wrote:I voted for Green Eggs and Ham (I love Dr. Seuss, I have some of his books memorized from reading them so often to my kids)...And I just don't get green tea yet (sorry Chip).
One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish was always my favorite.

The Cat in the Hat freaked me out.
Love One fish, two fish too....

My hat is old
My teeth are gold
My shoe is off
My foot is cold....(I hope I'm quoting the right book!)
Tea-Na

Jul 3rd, '08, 17:23
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 3rd, '08, 17:23

...and now for something completely different...

Speaking of rather daunting childrens's books...Aesop's Fables were really intense at times.

My Hashiri is all gone...and had to do a little blending to make a full session. I am close to breaking out a new secha or 2.

Jul 3rd, '08, 18:53

by augie » Jul 3rd, '08, 18:53

omegapd wrote: As to the poll, nothing is better than green grass for me. I live out in the sticks (on purpose) and when I get off that tractor or throw the weed eater back in the

Enjoy the day!
EW
Tarnation, fella! That's a darned fine deck for livin' out in BFE! I am envious. I have a lovely slab of concrete, two resin chairs and my big green egg. And a lovely view of 10+ houses.

Some damn stoner hit me on my lunch hour. I was so POed I just drank water all day and forgot to eat lunch. Forgot to drink tea! My only workday this week; should have stayed home.

Salsero, those trumpet flours attract hummingbirds, do they not? You probably get some awesome hummers down south. We only get rubythroats up north. :(

Jul 3rd, '08, 19:22

by laran7 » Jul 3rd, '08, 19:22

I finally folded.
I'm was looking up leads, got some matcha from O Cha, really like it, and it is green.

But I'm not sentimental about it yet.

:)

Jul 3rd, '08, 19:39

by RussianSoul » Jul 3rd, '08, 19:39

I wanted to be clever and was thinking up some St. Patrick joke to tell. And I love Greenland, and green grass is a favorite of mine too. But in the end I voted for green tea. I love green tea - that's all there is to it.
Chip wrote:My Hashiri is all gone...and had to do a little blending to make a full session.
In my cup - shincha Hashiri, probably the second to last brewing until next year. Here, toasting to you, Chip!

Jul 3rd, '08, 19:54

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jul 3rd, '08, 19:54

I'm going to have to say green plants/trees. My yard is filled with awesome greenery. Our vegetable garden is just starting to give us some fresh broccoli that is absolutely delicious. By the end of the summer, we will have fresh zucchini, beans, more broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, garlic, and various green herbs. We have the most gorgeous variegated mostly-green willow bush in our front yard and some oak leaf hydrangeas that are slightly green too. Not to mention all the fun, green farm fields surrounding my house.

In my cup today, Oolong #8 at work followed by Oolong #40 at home. I finished off the sample tin of #40. It was good, but not quite my type of tea. I like more of a toasty flavor to my oolongs. I also made some iced ginger-peach black tea and added some extra slices of fresh ginger to give it more of a zing. It is still cooling in the fridge so I haven't tried any yet. It smelled really good though so hopefully it will taste just as great.

Jul 3rd, '08, 19:55

by chamekke » Jul 3rd, '08, 19:55

Tea na wrote:
chamekke wrote:I just have to ask you about your username! What is its significance? (Is it Irish, maybe? Tea Na nOg?)
Nothing so original, I'm Tina (Tea Na)....ha ha...
{groan} Sometimes it really is right in front of my nose. Sorry 'bout that, Tina!

I had been thinking of Tír na nÓg, the "Land of Eternal Youth" (ancient Irish otherworld), and wondering whether your username was a play on that.

Actually, Tea na nÓg would be a pretty good tea username, wouldn't it ... Tea of Eternal Youth! Yum. (Although probably only Proinsias would get it without an explanation.)

Jul 3rd, '08, 20:11

by bi lew chun » Jul 3rd, '08, 20:11

henley wrote:There's those pretty little white flowers again! Are they Stephanotis? They photograph very well & are striking against the dark background.
The last ones were from the back yard, mock orange if I'm not mistaken. The ones from today do indeed appear to be stephanotis, but I forgot to check the sticker. They smell yummy!

Jul 3rd, '08, 20:24

by Carnelian » Jul 3rd, '08, 20:24

chamekke wrote:Actually, Tea na nÓg would be a pretty good tea username, wouldn't it ... Tea of Eternal Youth! Yum. (Although probably only Proinsias would get it without an explanation.)
I appreciate the reference fully, having recently taken part in a late-night conversation about said mythical place (spurred by a shirt from what I believe was a pub of the same name)
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Jul 3rd, '08, 20:26

by Victoria » Jul 3rd, '08, 20:26

RussianSoul wrote:I wanted to be clever and was thinking up some St. Patrick joke to tell. And I love Greenland, and green grass is a favorite of mine too. But in the end I voted for green tea. I love green tea - that's all there is to it.
Chip wrote:My Hashiri is all gone...and had to do a little blending to make a full session.
In my cup - shincha Hashiri, probably the second to last brewing until next year. Here, toasting to you, Chip!
Isn't Greenland a misnomer, as it is covered in ice, and it is Iceland that is actually green?
:)

Jul 3rd, '08, 21:33

by Chip » Jul 3rd, '08, 21:33

Victoria wrote:
RussianSoul wrote:I wanted to be clever and was thinking up some St. Patrick joke to tell. And I love Greenland, and green grass is a favorite of mine too. But in the end I voted for green tea. I love green tea - that's all there is to it.
Isn't Greenland a misnomer, as it is covered in ice, and it is Iceland that is actually green? :)

Yeah, I know...but it had to have green in the name for the poll....or I might have said Ireland...

Thanx for the toast Russian Soul...I thought you had another bag stashed???

Currently Kukicha houjicha from Den's from the Pink Monkey...thanx Auggy.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 3rd, '08, 21:50

by auggy » Jul 3rd, '08, 21:50

Chip wrote:Currently Kukicha houjicha from Den's from the Pink Monkey...thanx Auggy.
Wow, that was quick. Interesting one, isn't it?

Jul 3rd, '08, 21:50

by scruffmcgruff » Jul 3rd, '08, 21:50

Is Ireland covered by ire?
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Jul 3rd, '08, 22:03

by Chip » Jul 3rd, '08, 22:03

auggy wrote:
Chip wrote:Currently Kukicha houjicha from Den's from the Pink Monkey...thanx Auggy.
Wow, that was quick. Interesting one, isn't it?
Actually, much more intense than the last one I had, not Den's...still it is sweet and nutty and toasty.

I could have used a caffeine boost, but instead I went with the low caffeine option.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!