Thursday, 7/03/08 TeaDay

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Your Favorite GREEN thing? Green ftw!!!

GREEN TEA
57%
GREEN eggs and ham
11%
GREEN grass
9%
GREEN plants/trees
9%
GREEN beer
2%
GREEN beans
4%
GREENland
2%
GREENpeace
2%
GREEN Party
2%
GREEN Day
2%

Total votes: 53

Jul 3rd, '08, 14:27

by chamekke » Jul 3rd, '08, 14:27

Tea na wrote:I had Irish Breakfast this morning, need to go get something else....maybe I'll try a green!

Happy Green Day!
Tea Na
Hey Tea Na,

I just have to ask you about your username! What is its significance? (Is it Irish, maybe? Tea Na nOg?)

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Jul 3rd, '08, 14:28

by auggy » Jul 3rd, '08, 14:28

Tea na wrote:I voted for Green Eggs and Ham (I love Dr. Seuss, I have some of his books memorized from reading them so often to my kids)...And I just don't get green tea yet (sorry Chip).
One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish was always my favorite.

The Cat in the Hat freaked me out.

Jul 3rd, '08, 14:35

by henley » Jul 3rd, '08, 14:35

auggy wrote:
Tea na wrote:I voted for Green Eggs and Ham (I love Dr. Seuss, I have some of his books memorized from reading them so often to my kids)...And I just don't get green tea yet (sorry Chip).
One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish was always my favorite.

The Cat in the Hat freaked me out.
I don't know what's been more fun... enjoying Dr Seuss books as a kid or introducing my kids to them. Green Eggs & Ham has always been my favorite (hence my play on it this morning).

Auggy, if Cat in the Hat freaked you out, have you seen The Cat in the Hat Comes Back? It's just strange!

Wouldn't it be funny if Green Eggs & Ham beat out Green Tea? :twisted:

Jul 3rd, '08, 14:38

by olivierco » Jul 3rd, '08, 14:38

Today was the last day of the schoolyear in France. Now it is time for eight whole weeks of vacations!

I am celebrating with some kanro gyokuro. (I had some champagne before of course)

Jul 3rd, '08, 14:41
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jul 3rd, '08, 14:41

henley wrote: Wouldn't it be funny if Green Eggs & Ham beat out Green Tea? :twisted:
Haha! I was thinking that same thing.

On my second steep of this LiShan now, really lovely.

Patiently <----- (yeah right!) awaiting the arrival of the oolong starter box on my doorstep tonight!

Jul 3rd, '08, 14:41

by Geekgirl » Jul 3rd, '08, 14:41

I've been using this sparkly gai-bei now for about a week (give or take) I really love it for larger-leaf tea (oolongs mostly.) The spout is too open for smaller/broken teas. It has turned out to be remarkably hard to photograph though. In the cup: Da Hong Pao from Serenity Art.

What I was up to last night-

the bride may have been wearing sneakers:

They did manage to find an available professional photographer:

And the guests were mostly well behaved, if somewhat inattentive to my sermonizing:

Jul 3rd, '08, 14:45

by omegapd » Jul 3rd, '08, 14:45

kymidwife wrote:Someone should vote for poor Greenland.... the lone option with 0 votes.

Sarah
I'll guess that this is the first time that every poll option has at least one vote?

EW

Jul 3rd, '08, 14:46

by auggy » Jul 3rd, '08, 14:46

henley wrote: Auggy, if Cat in the Hat freaked you out, have you seen The Cat in the Hat Comes Back? It's just strange!
Really? I'm not sure if I wanted to know that! :) Seriously, the Cat in the Hat gave me nightmares as a child. Freak. Me. Out. I can't imagine the Cat coming back being less traumatizing! :lol:

Jul 3rd, '08, 14:48

Re: 2005 Ming Yuan Hao Yiwu Wild Old Tree Cake

by omegapd » Jul 3rd, '08, 14:48

Salsero wrote: I especially like the outhouse.
Ha! That's a staple in every southern home. You're a couple hours South of me, so I'm sure there's one down there too. Mine's the deluxe version. It's got an upstairs.

EW

Jul 3rd, '08, 15:03

by Katrina » Jul 3rd, '08, 15:03

auggy wrote:
henley wrote: Auggy, if Cat in the Hat freaked you out, have you seen The Cat in the Hat Comes Back? It's just strange!
Really? I'm not sure if I wanted to know that! :) Seriously, the Cat in the Hat gave me nightmares as a child. Freak. Me. Out. I can't imagine the Cat coming back being less traumatizing! :lol:
OK. If we're talking about kids' books - what about "Good Night, Moon." Seriously. Could the artwork be more disturbing? Who chose that color scheme? And what's with the old lady whispering hush? And she's not the least bit concerned about the mice running around the room?
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Jul 3rd, '08, 15:08

by Victoria » Jul 3rd, '08, 15:08

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:I've been using this sparkly gai-bei now for about a week (give or take) I really love it for larger-leaf tea (oolongs mostly.) The spout is too open for smaller/broken teas. It has turned out to be remarkably hard to photograph though. In the cup: Da Hong Pao from Serenity Art.

Wow, well you certainly have managed to make it look much better than it looked on the site. Very, very nice.

Jul 3rd, '08, 15:15

by Katrina » Jul 3rd, '08, 15:15

Ah, here's the conflict. Here's where I'd LIKE to be drinking my tea more often:

And here's where I actually drink my tea most often:
(And, no, this wasn't staged. I was just about to clean up the remnants of lunch and the post-lunch art project when I snapped the photo.)

Caramel Oolong in my cup right now. All this talk of oolong is making it hard to resist. I hate whoever started that "I say 'oo', you say 'long'" bit. It is absolutely stuck in my head...

Jul 3rd, '08, 15:16

Re: 2005 Ming Yuan Hao Yiwu Wild Old Tree Cake

by Victoria » Jul 3rd, '08, 15:16

omegapd wrote:
Salsero wrote: I especially like the outhouse.
Ha! That's a staple in every southern home. You're a couple hours South of me, so I'm sure there's one down there too. Mine's the deluxe version. It's got an upstairs.

EW
LOL!! Oh my - well it would definitely be better to
be UPSTAIRS, LOL!!

Jul 3rd, '08, 15:20

by auggy » Jul 3rd, '08, 15:20

Katrina wrote: I hate whoever started that "I say 'oo', you say 'long'" bit. It is absolutely stuck in my head...
I'm going to have to search the site for that link again. I think that's going to be the only way to excise the demon at this point.

Jul 3rd, '08, 15:27

by Victoria » Jul 3rd, '08, 15:27

auggy wrote:
Katrina wrote: I hate whoever started that "I say 'oo', you say 'long'" bit. It is absolutely stuck in my head...
I'm going to have to search the site for that link again. I think that's going to be the only way to excise the demon at this point.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eELH0ivexKA