Saturday, 7/05/08, TeaDay

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Tea gifts that you have received are generally...?

Bulls eye...right on the TeaTarget. I could not have selected something better
24%
Near misses, pretty close to a bulls eye, but I could do better
19%
Off target...cash would have been better
24%
Way off target, what are people thinking...
5%
Other
27%

Total votes: 37

Jul 5th, '08, 21:55

by Katrina » Jul 5th, '08, 21:55

I voted "Other" because, as others have said, some have been perfect and some so very not.

Among the best were some gorgeous teapots my husband picked out for me. I love them not just for their beauty but because he went and picked them completely on his own. He researched vendors and what pots would be best for the tea I like, etc. I was just shocked at how perfect they were. I also got a GC last Christmas from my SIL/BIL for my husband and I to go to a Japanese Tea Ceremony. Another perfect gift.

On the other side I've gotten some pretty horrific tea bags and things of that nature. But even if I don't care for them, I appreciate that people remember that I love tea and take the time to try to get me something I'd like. No matter how "bad" the tea is, I'd rather that than a completely impersonal gift that is no reflection of who I am or my interests.

NO tea today, BUT I just got back from a pool party at my aunt's where we had beef tenderloin and lobster. I can get over missing tea for that once in awhile!

Jul 5th, '08, 22:42

by tenuki » Jul 5th, '08, 22:42

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Yunnan Gold. Bodum 32 oz De Chine. Delicious.
Last edited by tenuki on Jul 5th, '08, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

Jul 5th, '08, 22:44
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jul 5th, '08, 22:44

Gorgeous!!!

Jul 5th, '08, 22:46

by Chip » Jul 5th, '08, 22:46

Nice photos everyone...as usual!

Watching the Tour de France and sipping Heirloom Tea Flaowers...just the flowers of tea plants...sublime...I had a very good TeaDay.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 5th, '08, 22:54

by kymidwife » Jul 5th, '08, 22:54

So I came home after running some errands, still fuming about my crappy tea day. I have just finished a most delicious hot cup of Oolong #8... unsweetened, which used to be a rarity to me. I am finding more and more that I crave the taste of green and oolong unsweetened, although I still love my blacks sweetened.

I think it was that McDonalds garbage that pushed me over the edge.

Going back for a 2nd cup of #8... and I totally forgot it while it was steeping and it was STILL fabulous, not bitter at all.

Wonder how it will go with the pizza I'm having delivered....

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jul 5th, '08, 23:01

by henley » Jul 5th, '08, 23:01

kymidwife wrote: Going back for a 2nd cup of #8... and I totally forgot it while it was steeping and it was STILL fabulous, not bitter at all.
That's what I loved about #8 & #40. IMO, they are the perfect oolongs for us black tea drinkers. Enjoy! :D

Jul 6th, '08, 00:05

by Victoria » Jul 6th, '08, 00:05

I have had some excellent tea today, wow.

Ended the day with a last steep of Dong Ding from the Box Pass.
Very nice.

A very lovely day.

Jul 6th, '08, 02:18

by olivierco » Jul 6th, '08, 02:18

Salsero wrote:
Does Himalaya normally mean tea from Nepal, or is it a more general term? I think some of the puerh, yunnan gold, and a few other southwestern Chinese teas are almost Himilayan, maybe grown in the foothills of the Himilayas, but my understanding of geography in that part of the world is fuzzy. And of course, Darjeeling is in a lower range of the Himilayas. What a romantic mountain range!
Yes, I meant Himalayan teas from Nepal. I had some from Dhankuta district (eastern part of Nepal) from 2006 summer harvest.

Jul 6th, '08, 02:36

by Salsero » Jul 6th, '08, 02:36

olivierco wrote:Yes, I meant Himalayan teas from Nepal. I had some from Dhankuta district (eastern part of Nepal) from 2006 summer harvest.
Thanks for the clarification. I have a Nepal to try tomorrow and was wondering...

Jul 6th, '08, 03:19

by olivierco » Jul 6th, '08, 03:19

Chip wrote:Nice photos everyone...as usual!

Watching the Tour de France and sipping Heirloom Tea Flaowers...just the flowers of tea plants...sublime...I had a very good TeaDay.
A little bit disappointed that Valverde won so easily and hoping that enhancing performance drugs didn't help him.

Jul 6th, '08, 03:32

by Chip » Jul 6th, '08, 03:32

olivierco wrote:
Chip wrote:Nice photos everyone...as usual!

A little bit disappointed that Valverde won so easily and hoping that enhancing performance drugs didn't help him.
Yeah, that was "powerful"

There is a strong commitment to keeping it clean...hopefully. Despite its problems, Le Tour is still the greatest epic in human competition bar none...IMHO. As an avid road cyclist, I can only watch in awe as it unfolds through the Alps and Pyrenees. I am drawn to the milder by comparison mountains in my area...riding many miles to climb them...then riding many miles home.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!