Sunday, 7/06/08 TeaDay

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

How important is caffeine to your tea consumption?

Top priority...it is why I drink tea
No votes
High...love that caffeine boost
13%
Middle of the road...caffeine is a nice bonus
38%
Low priority, I would drink it even if it had no caffeine
29%
No importance
17%
Other
4%

Total votes: 48

Jul 6th, '08, 15:29
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 6th, '08, 15:29

The morning caffeine boost is nice, and occasionally if I am feeling tired and need to be alert.

Joel also hit on something, caffeine is bitter and can translate to the astringency that makes tea balanced in taste. Without it, tea might get boring. This is partly why tea gets smoother after several steeps.

Adagio Keemun Concerto this morning. Fukamushi Houryoko from Den's this afternoon...
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 6th, '08, 15:32

Only trouble is, gee whiz, I'm dreamin' my life away

by Salsero » Jul 6th, '08, 15:32

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:... promptly had two nightmares: one in which my camera got "swapped" for one that had burned in a fire, and a second where I was supposed to trade hawaiian shirts with a guy who owed another guy a briefcase full of money ...
Wow, not only are your photos primo, but your dream life is rivaled only by Auggy's waking life for entertainment value.
My own dreams are so tediously uninteresting that they don't even hold my attention. It's like going to an awful movie that a hot date really wants to see. She's too interested in the movie to make out, and you can barely keep awake, but you know you have to because she's going to quiz you on obscure plot points later and knowing the answers will be critical for a successful quietus to the evening. So you sit there watching a guy with a Hollywood face and a woman with great hair and teeth go through the good times and the bad and dozing off and hoping you're not snoring or she might hear you...

I tell you my dreams are that boring and I can't even doze off because I am already asleep, and the best (and only) outcome is to wake up and go to work in the morning.

I dream about trying to decide between butter beans or great northern beans in the canned food aisle or sorting the laundry or looking for the car keys, stuff I don't particularly enjoy doing when I am awake. So you can see where I am coming from when I admire your dreams, Geekgirl.
joelbct wrote:The office? So you're saying you manage to ... hold down a job?
Actually, I meant the office of the "facility" where they are keeping me. It's really very nice and they say I can go home as soon as I am all better.

Jul 6th, '08, 15:50

Re: Only trouble is, gee whiz, I'm dreamin' my life away

by kymidwife » Jul 6th, '08, 15:50

Salsero wrote: It's like going to an awful movie that a hot date really wants to see. She's too interested in the movie to make out, and you can barely keep awake, but you know you have to because she's going to quiz you on obscure plot points later and knowing the answers will be critical for a successful quietus to the evening. So you sit there watching a guy with a Hollywood face and a woman with great hair and teeth go through the good times and the bad and dozing off and hoping you're not snoring or she might hear you...
You mean there are women out there who'd rather watch the movie than make out? Hmmm, what a foreign concept. I thought that's what DVDs were for.

Sarah

Jul 6th, '08, 16:38

by scruffmcgruff » Jul 6th, '08, 16:38

Salsero, I feel your pain. Sometimes, my dreams are so boring that I space out and realize that I'm dreaming, and if I happen to wake up I dread falling back asleep, but of course just laying there is equally boring. Fortunately that only happens rarely. For the most part, I don't remember my dreams in the morning.

Segue-ing this post on topic, caffeine gives me funny dreams sometimes. I don't really care about caffeine content in tea, but sometimes I used it to help keep me awake while studying or writing a paper.
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

Jul 6th, '08, 17:26

by Chip » Jul 6th, '08, 17:26

>>>>>>>>SST...this is super sonic shincha sencha asamushi a la Hibiki-an...Shincha Sencha Traditional, limited edition. >>>>>>>

It seems like I dream less as I "ripen."
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 6th, '08, 17:58

by Victoria » Jul 6th, '08, 17:58

More Iron Goddress King in my cup this afternonn, good stuff!

Jul 6th, '08, 18:42

by Salsero » Jul 6th, '08, 18:42

kymidwife wrote:You mean there are women out there who'd rather watch the movie than make out?
Apparently only when they go with me.
Chip wrote: It seems like I dream less as I "ripen."
We all know what you dream about: the zipless sencha session.

:roll:

Jul 6th, '08, 19:37

by omegapd » Jul 6th, '08, 19:37

Salsero wrote:
I dream about trying to decide between butter beans or great northern beans in the canned food aisle or sorting the laundry or looking for the car keys,
Quite a bit like the majority of mine too. I'm a "searcher" in my dreams. Looking for obscure things over and over again, like going through 20 different drawers to find the right pen or digging a hole deeper and deeper looking for whatever. Freud would probably have a field day with us... :?

Jul 6th, '08, 20:17

I like caffiene

by jim109 » Jul 6th, '08, 20:17

Yunnan Gold to start the day! I had an oolong that came as a sample that I tried today. First oolong that I liked!! " organic qi lan" it has a cinnamon aftertaste that I think is natural!! Very nice! I keep trying Victoria!! jim

Jul 6th, '08, 20:34

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jul 6th, '08, 20:34

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:...after which, I was up until 1:30am, then went to bed and laid awake until 4:30am, then promptly had two nightmares: one in which my camera got "swapped" for one that had burned in a fire, and a second where I was supposed to trade hawaiian shirts with a guy who owed another guy a briefcase full of money. (Not sure why that was a nightmare but it was.) :?
Don't worry, I have random odd dreams too! This weekend was filled with some entertaining ones. The first one involved that my dorm room at college got renovated and they gave me the wrong room key so instead of a nice, hotel room set up, I was forced to move into the flooded, abandoned lavatory at the end of the hall and we couldn't get the showers to turn off so it was more of a pool than a room. The second one involved cleaning a rabbit hutch (I have never owned a rabbit) and getting yelled at by my aunt for moving the cage to the wrong place. Come to think of it, maybe some of these are brought on by my caffeine consumption. Hmm....

I did learn that Ginger Peach Black tea makes awesome iced tea and goes well with barbecued ribs. Now, I am enjoying some Vanilla Rooibos to wind down before a new work week starts tomorrow.

Jul 6th, '08, 20:38

by Chip » Jul 6th, '08, 20:38

Salsero wrote:
Chip wrote: It seems like I dream less as I "ripen."
We all know what you dream about: the zipless sencha session.

:roll:
...perhaps...if I was the "Eric Jong" of tea...but I have no "fear of brewing!" Even the zipless brew... :wink: ...but wait, does that mean no scales, thermometer, etc?

Speaking of fear of brewing, Hatsumi brewing now...no fear!!!

Jul 6th, '08, 20:49

Re: I like caffiene

by henley » Jul 6th, '08, 20:49

jim109 wrote: I had an oolong that came as a sample that I tried today. First oolong that I liked!! " organic qi lan" it has a cinnamon aftertaste that I think is natural!! Very nice!
Need more info! I looove cinnamon!!! Who's the vendor?

Jul 6th, '08, 21:03

Henley

by jim109 » Jul 6th, '08, 21:03

The vendor is www.TeasEtc.com . Hope you enjoy!! Jim

Jul 6th, '08, 21:12

by Victoria » Jul 6th, '08, 21:12

Having a perfectly brewed cup of of Miyabi -

GREEN TEA

What is the world coming to? I also had no "fear of brewing!"
Thanks to Chip's excellent instructions.

The taste? One of the best greens I've had, but I'm not hanging up my
queen robe anytime soon.

Jul 6th, '08, 21:12

by Chip » Jul 6th, '08, 21:12

The Miyabi is very good indeed.

So is this Hatsumi, also from O-Cha...you have to approach this with no fear, or it will intimidate you.
Last edited by Chip on May 25th, '09, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.