Saturday 7/19/08 Favorite cup of the tea of the day?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Your favorite cup of the tea of the day on a typical day would be...?

First tea of the day
42%
Second tea of the day
27%
Third tea of the day
2%
Fourth tea of the day
No votes
5th tea of the day
No votes
6th tea of the day
No votes
Last tea of the day
11%
Other?
18%

Total votes: 45

Jul 20th, '08, 01:38
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 20th, '08, 01:38

chamekke wrote:
CynTEAa wrote:
chamekke wrote: Is there a story behind those fetching poppets of yours? I really like them.
Me too! So much so I found this: http://www.poppetplanet.com/
Thank you, CynTEAa :)

In my cup just now... my first-ever taste of gyokuro!!! from a sample kindly provided by Olivier - merci mille fois, mon ami! Wow, a very good first experience. I think I'm hooked :D :D :D

It didn't hurt that I managed to unearth a Hagi gyokuro set that I had bought a couple of years ago (!) and forgotten I had (!!). It certainly made the gyokuro preparation much easier. Yay for teensy cups!

chamekke,
still feeling the buzz
Agreed Chamekke! The right gyokuro teaware can realllly enhance the enjoyment of this precious tea. What size is your pot? It is a nice gyokuro set.

And agreed, good gyokuro gives me a major buzzzz.

My gyokuro set is ideal for 1.5-2 ounce steeps.

I had a nice session of Shincha Sencha Tradtional...and am still sipping the pu-erh tou cha from earlier. Pretty good TeaDay.

Jul 20th, '08, 02:12

by chamekke » Jul 20th, '08, 02:12

Chip wrote:Agreed Chamekke! The right gyokuro teaware can realllly enhance the enjoyment of this precious tea. What size is your pot? It is a nice gyokuro set.

And agreed, good gyokuro gives me a major buzzzz.

My gyokuro set is ideal for 1.5-2 ounce steeps.
My mind is set to millilitres rather than fluid ounces, so... the pot holds 100mL of liquid, which is 3.5 imperial fl.oz. or 3.38 American fl.oz. When I put ~10g of gyokuro into the kyusu and added 60 mL of water, that took it to capacity. (The cups hold 30 mL each.)

By the way, my big thanks also go to Pentox whose blog instructions for Salsero on preparing gyokuro provided critical assistance to this gyok n00b :)

Jul 20th, '08, 06:40

by henley » Jul 20th, '08, 06:40

chamekke wrote:
CynTEAa wrote:
chamekke wrote: Is there a story behind those fetching poppets of yours? I really like them.
Me too! So much so I found this: http://www.poppetplanet.com/
Thank you, CynTEAa :)
Thanx for posting the link CynTEAa. These things are really cute! Like the artist's idea about looking at ordinary objects in a different perspective. *must resist urge to buy -- must resist urge to buy*

Ended my Saturday w/Masala Chai.