Monday 7/21/08 Number of teaware pieces increased?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Still annual TeaCheckup. Has the number of teaware pieces significantly increased since last year?

YES...I went TeaWare crazy this past year
15%
Yes, most definitely
21%
Yes, I think so, buit not by that much
19%
No, I am about where I was last year with only very few aquisitions
19%
I am a newbie and I have a teaware problem since starting, YES
9%
I am a newbie with a significant teaware increase since starting
9%
I am a newbie with little or no teaware increase since starting
8%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 53

Jul 21st, '08, 19:25

by Zodduska » Jul 21st, '08, 19:25

Victoria wrote:I had never seen ribbed ones before! Mine are 6oz.

http://www.northwestglass.com/double-wa ... p-343.html

P: These are only for oolongs.
hehehe
very nice!

speaking of oolongs.. a special package from teamasters came for me today containing the 2 year old tree Baozhong. On my 4th infusion now and I really, really like it.. hot chocolate comes to mind. I was worried buying half a pound to make the shipping worth it might have been a mistake, no longer... 8) :)

Jul 21st, '08, 19:53
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Jul 21st, '08, 19:53

I've had very few teaware regrets. Two I can think of, both yixing that I bought right at the beginning of my teaware adventure. Both very decorative, although both were small, and they weren't really BIG regrets, just that I probably would not have bought them if I knew then what I've learned. I just don't love them.

Actually, now that I think about it, someone else might love them. I should put them in Swap.

Jul 21st, '08, 20:02

by Salsero » Jul 21st, '08, 20:02

Those do look cool, very much like the Bodum glasses, but ribbed for your drinking pleasure.
How about the glass pot? where does that come from?

Jul 21st, '08, 20:05

by Victoria » Jul 21st, '08, 20:05

Zodduska wrote: speaking of oolongs.. a special package from teamasters came for me today containing the 2 year old tree Baozhong. On my 4th infusion now and I really, really like it.. hot chocolate comes to mind. I was worried buying half a pound to make the shipping worth it might have been a mistake, no longer... 8) :)
Congrats! No mistake there - it's my current favorite. I ordered 200gr :)

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:I've had very few teaware regrets. Two I can think of, both yixing that I bought right at the beginning of my teaware adventure. Both very decorative, although both were small, and they weren't really BIG regrets, just that I probably would not have bought them if I knew then what I've learned. I just don't love them.
I'm lucky I didn't really get into pots early on. So I only went crazy on cups. Ha!
Lately I've ordered a few too many gaiwans trying to find the right one for me. I need to think about the swap page too.

Jul 21st, '08, 20:11

by Victoria » Jul 21st, '08, 20:11

Salsero wrote:

How about the glass pot? where does that come from?
From Amazon, similar to the Bodum:

http://www.amazon.com/16-Oz-Glass-Tea-P ... O0K4A0RY3K

Great little pots, I have two - one for home and one for work.
:)

Jul 21st, '08, 20:29

by Chip » Jul 21st, '08, 20:29

P: These are only for oolongs. hehehe
Neither have I seen ribbed double walls. Very nice find! They would be perrrrrfect for sencha.!!! :wink:

Been struggling to do another tea for around 5-6 hours. Maybe it is the heat. I think I will experiment with a little Hatsumi cold brew!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 21st, '08, 21:21

by witches brew » Jul 21st, '08, 21:21

I haven't bought all that much teaware this year.

1 Moroccan teapot and tray
2 Moroccan tea glasses

2 chataku
6 yunomi
3 kyusu (2 of which I never use)
1 yuzamashi
1 summer chawan

I also had to replace a few pieces of my English service, because there was a teaware explosion the morning of my mother's funeral. Clearly, my mother's spirit didn't appreciate a certain neighbor who came over to 'help' in the kitchen.
Brewing joy, happiness and green tea, like any good TeaWitch should!

Jul 21st, '08, 21:41

by Geekgirl » Jul 21st, '08, 21:41

witches brew wrote: 3 kyusu (2 of which I never use)
I know the feeling. Especially if they are still "good" but for one reason or another just don't beg to be loved.
I also had to replace a few pieces of my English service, because there was a teaware explosion the morning of my mother's funeral. Clearly, my mother's spirit didn't appreciate a certain neighbor who came over to 'help' in the kitchen.
Say it ain't so! I seriously do not let anyone touch any of my teaware that I care about. Not to say that I never break anything, but at least I only have myself to blame. :lol: (Sorry about your mum.)

Jul 21st, '08, 23:03

by neowolf » Jul 21st, '08, 23:03

Oh I definitely have a problem. I'll admit I'm definitely a newbie. My only teapots so far are two IngenuiTEAs and a TriniTea. The later being my primary love, because honestly my timing and temperature need considerable work. However I'd still like to invest in more later on, I can't justify much else right now after the TriniTEA. (I'm really in love with glass teapots in general. Just getting to see the tea unfold is a magical experience!) Though that hasn't stopped me from gnabbing more teacups, along with better tumblers and thermoses for carrying tea with me throughout the day..

Jul 21st, '08, 23:55

by henley » Jul 21st, '08, 23:55

Seriously debating whether or not to make a nice cuppa! Spent the afternoon/evening at a county fair. It was great family time & the kids had a blast but that also means no tea since lunch. :( Just got home apr 30 min ago. Which do I want more... tea or sleep? Okay, the real answer is a TeaFairy but...

Jul 21st, '08, 23:57

by Victoria » Jul 21st, '08, 23:57

You need a nice decaf to keep on hand for times like these.
Don't to the caffiene.

After all tomorrow's another day.

Jul 22nd, '08, 00:42

by Chip » Jul 22nd, '08, 00:42

Finally got around to another tea...really tough to enjoy tea today.

Went with SST, shincha sencha traditional...aka asamushi. I went lighter on the leaf than normal and it came out really nice. Still sipping...
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 22nd, '08, 19:38

by laran7 » Jul 22nd, '08, 19:38

Katrina wrote:Definitely an increase in teaware here, but not by a huge amount. And I've actually purchased very little - some great gifts this year though. Mostly I've just been dusting off some pieces that hadn't been getting use (like the china cups).
A friend gave me an oriental cup and spoon. I dropped and broke the ceramic spoon, and she said - don't drop the cup its very old ! So I've kept the cup safe and unused until now. Now I am using it for matcha.
Someone else gave me an elaborately decorated white teapot I've also kept forever - as too fussy and small to be practical. Now it seems perfect for TKY for two.

So I am also dusting off things I haven't used - thinking of them as new - and appreciating gifts.

I like the oolangs with honey to end my evening. I'll sip and finish busy work tonight.