Tuesday TeaDay 7/22/08 "YowCha!"

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

YowCha, this one might hurt a little. What percentage of your acquisitions over the last year are you actually using?

100% and proud of it!
18%
More than 90%
31%
More than 80%
10%
More than 70%
8%
More than 60%
6%
More than 50%
14%
More than 40%
2%
More than 30%
10%
More than 20%
No votes
More than 10%
2%

Total votes: 51

Jul 22nd, '08, 12:00

by elchai » Jul 22nd, '08, 12:00

henley wrote: Glad you're enjoying the teas! :D What did you order?
I am, thank you! I haven't ordered any more since my first order. So, I have the remainder of my white sampler that I didn't send you, and the larger containers of Green Spice and Ginger Peach.

I will probably be ordering more soon, but I wanted to see what was available in the markets next week first.

Jul 22nd, '08, 12:17
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Jul 22nd, '08, 12:17

I have no idea what percentage I use. There are a few things that I don't use at all because functionally they were not very satisfactory, or aesthetically they aren't very pleasing. Most of my stuff I use either regularly or periodically. I'm a little surprised at how often I use porcelain. Unexpected.

I've become interested in the way liquid photographs, particularly condensation. Today's photo, and yesterday's, focus on tiny droplets.

Click for larger

Jul 22nd, '08, 12:28

by witches brew » Jul 22nd, '08, 12:28

I use my teaware with the season in mind, so certain things are out of favor at the moment.

My summer matcha bowl is getting use with iced matcha, and my tetsubin is not in favor right now. I don't want to keep my tea hot right now. Things will change as the weather does.

I don't really have pieces for each season, just a general sense of cold weather teaware and hot weather teaware. I'd like to refine this aesthetic into true seasonal pieces over the coming year.

If I am successful, I will be able to answer 20% next year, rather than this year's 50%.
Brewing joy, happiness and green tea, like any good TeaWitch should!

Jul 22nd, '08, 12:32

by Pentox » Jul 22nd, '08, 12:32

auggy wrote:I have a pot I don't really use, but that's it.

Hibiscus tea this morning. Most of the pastors are gone on a mission trip to Mexico this week, so that's good. Makes for a quiet week. Work still makes me grumpy. This place creates bad attitude.

Have a vet appointment for tomorrow. Kitty with the bacterial infection is not healing well. Need more antibiotics. Other kitty needs another steroids shot, too, as her eating has dropped off. She's still feeling pretty good and not longer that wobbly when walking. Now if she would just eat....
I think there's a lot of people out there who think the same as you in that work makes them grumpy. I know I haven't found that job yet which makes me wake up and say YAY I get to go to work today! Anyone have one of those?

Sorry to hear about the kitties, sounds like a neverending stream of visits to the vet for you :(

I have a fair amount of teaware that I don't use, mostly because I got gong fu equip, but I don't drink gong fu teas that often, mostly japanese greens, so the gong fu gear doesn't see much use.

Today's cup: Maeda-en shincha gold, cold brew. Not bad.

Jul 22nd, '08, 12:40

by augie » Jul 22nd, '08, 12:40

Because I have a small house, I only buy something that I absolutely cannot live without! I only have 5 brew vessels (use most regularly) and a few cups and one RoT brew basket. It's all the do-dads and what-nots that get me. Strainer for my ceramic teapot, pu knife, the big, honkin balance in the pantry . . .

My daughter is in the air right now on her way to Utah! Her first unaccompanied flight! I'll be OK when she touches the ground at 5:00 p.m. tonight and our family calls us. Definately a tea-day.

Jul 22nd, '08, 13:19

by Victoria » Jul 22nd, '08, 13:19

My first tea of the day is a nice Darjeeling sample from Salsero.

It's called Castleton Moonlight and is a second flush. SFTGFOP 2008

Moving more in the direction of Darjeelings now and away from blacks for my morning tea.

Have a nice day everyone!

Jul 22nd, '08, 13:56

by TimeforTea » Jul 22nd, '08, 13:56

Almost 100%! :D (Hmm, maybe my husband should read this post...! :lol: ) The only teaware I rarely use, is my first purchase--a Rishi mug/infuser. The mug is too small and the infuser holes too large.

Now if only I actually drank all the TEA I have purchased...that's another story!

This morning--Jasmine Green from NM Company. Found this one when rearranging my teashelf...

Jul 22nd, '08, 14:02

by auggy » Jul 22nd, '08, 14:02

Pentox wrote:
auggy wrote:Hibiscus tea this morning. Most of the pastors are gone on a mission trip to Mexico this week, so that's good. Makes for a quiet week. Work still makes me grumpy. This place creates bad attitude.

Have a vet appointment for tomorrow. Kitty with the bacterial infection is not healing well. Need more antibiotics. Other kitty needs another steroids shot, too, as her eating has dropped off. She's still feeling pretty good and not longer that wobbly when walking. Now if she would just eat....
I think there's a lot of people out there who think the same as you in that work makes them grumpy. I know I haven't found that job yet which makes me wake up and say YAY I get to go to work today! Anyone have one of those?

Sorry to hear about the kitties, sounds like a neverending stream of visits to the vet for you :(
My last job was pretty fun. But could be stressful and it was starting to need more than 8 hours a day constantly. Here, there's a lot of seconding guessing and I have zero authority, so that's not fun, especially when compared to the control I had at the last place.

Yep, we spend a lot of time at the vet. The know us well by now. In fact, if you look at all their files (they keep them in shelves behind the main desk), you can always pick out our packet because it is one of the top 10 thickest. So just look for the 2" thick file near the end and that's us!

Jul 22nd, '08, 14:03

by Chip » Jul 22nd, '08, 14:03

I made most of my teaware mistakes years ago, so, fortunately I don't make so many nowadays. Procrastinating about teaware purchases also helps. :lol:

In my cup...Yutaka Midori from O-Cha...this is my fave shincha of 2008...just crazy good.

Earlier, Adagio Keemun Concerto...really nice black.
Last edited by Chip on Jul 16th, '09, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.

Jul 22nd, '08, 15:33

by Katrina » Jul 22nd, '08, 15:33

auggy wrote:Yep, we spend a lot of time at the vet. The know us well by now. In fact, if you look at all their files (they keep them in shelves behind the main desk), you can always pick out our packet because it is one of the top 10 thickest. So just look for the 2" thick file near the end and that's us!
I know what you mean. Our vet is convinced that if anything unusual comes down the pike, it's likely our dog will be the one who has it. The poor thing was in surgery 3 days after we brought it home from the shelter. Then it was one of 8 dogs across the country that had a reaction to a dog food problem (before that other major recall.) Ridiculous. We've gone into multiple folders at this point. :roll: And she's only 5. I can't imagine what will happen when she gets older!

Victorian Afternoon today. I was a bit hesitant because it smelled so smoky but I'm totally in love with this one.
Visit my website and blog at http://www.teapages.net and http://teapages.blogspot.com

Jul 22nd, '08, 15:57

by auggy » Jul 22nd, '08, 15:57

Katrina wrote:I know what you mean. Our vet is convinced that if anything unusual comes down the pike, it's likely our dog will be the one who has it. The poor thing was in surgery 3 days after we brought it home from the shelter. Then it was one of 8 dogs across the country that had a reaction to a dog food problem (before that other major recall.) Ridiculous. We've gone into multiple folders at this point. :roll: And she's only 5. I can't imagine what will happen when she gets older!
Wow, multiple folders and only one pet? That's impressive. At least we've had 9 kitties to help us add to our stack o' information. Though we have had some weird issues (but nothing as rare as what you had, thankfully!). We just end up having to have feeding tubes, stomach ulcer treatments, OCD meds, tails docked, teeth removed and ears flushed out (yeast infections in ears are NASTY!) Always an adventure!

Jul 22nd, '08, 16:05

by Pentox » Jul 22nd, '08, 16:05

auggy wrote: Wow, multiple folders and only one pet? That's impressive. At least we've had 9 kitties to help us add to our stack o' information. Though we have had some weird issues (but nothing as rare as what you had, thankfully!). We just end up having to have feeding tubes, stomach ulcer treatments, OCD meds, tails docked, teeth removed and ears flushed out (yeast infections in ears are NASTY!) Always an adventure!
There's Kitty OCD Meds? LOL

Jul 22nd, '08, 16:30

by auggy » Jul 22nd, '08, 16:30

Pentox wrote:There's Kitty OCD Meds? LOL
Yep! Learned that the hard way when I kitty started gnawing her tail to the bone. The meds worked a little but drugged her up too much, so we docked her tail (twice actually) and took her off the meds. She's still a bit crazy but no longer self-mutilates. :)

Jul 22nd, '08, 16:53

by Chip » Jul 22nd, '08, 16:53

Sorry to hear about the continuing kittie problems, Auggy! I don't want to say this, but I have been very fortunate pet wise. Never a problem except extreme old age.

Currently sipping the first cold steep of the very last of my Hatsumi. WOW...really delicious..and cold. I am brewing the 2nd steep in the fridge. So, another bag bites the dust...I may open a new one today or tomorrow. :D

I need to get moving on another tea though. I feel deprived if I don't have some kind of hot (or kinda warm from sitting) tea in front of me.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jul 22nd, '08, 16:59

by Pentox » Jul 22nd, '08, 16:59

auggy wrote:
Pentox wrote:There's Kitty OCD Meds? LOL
Yep! Learned that the hard way when I kitty started gnawing her tail to the bone. The meds worked a little but drugged her up too much, so we docked her tail (twice actually) and took her off the meds. She's still a bit crazy but no longer self-mutilates. :)
Maybe your kitty is just emo.