Friday TeaDay 8/15/08 Coffee vs. Tea

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

How much coffee in relation to tea do you consume currently?

100% tea. You are perfect!
52%
90% tea/10% coffee. Almost perfect!
27%
80% tea/20% coffee. You are nearing perfection!
7%
70% tea/30% coffee. You are on the right forum, congrats!
5%
60% tea/40% coffee. Come on, give up the bean!
2%
50% tea/50% coffee. You want to be saved, right?
7%
40% tea/60% coffee. You can be saved!
No votes
30% tea/70% coffee. You are beyond hope!
No votes
20% tea/80% coffee. You just like to hang around Tea people?
No votes
10% tea/90% coffee. You know this is TeaChat, right?
No votes
0% tea/100% coffee. Why are you even reading this?
No votes

Total votes: 56

Aug 15th, '08, 18:27
Scrolling: scrolling

Apologia

by Salsero » Aug 15th, '08, 18:27

I would like to apologize to all my friends on TeaChat for
  • Posting too frequently
    Posting too frivolously
    And especially for posting off topic in TeaDay
I really didn’t realize what an insufferable boor I had become until a brave and thoughtful friend took the time to point out to me that I had made TeaChat my own personal playground and that there have been numerous complaints about me over the past weeks.

If I do continue to participate in some capacity, I will certainly try to be a better forum citizen. For now my cheeks are red with shame.

Aug 15th, '08, 18:37

by bronzebed » Aug 15th, '08, 18:37

Chip wrote:Nice cup bronzebed!

This would be a good teaday topic. TeaHouses seem to miss the mark one way or the other. Either an emphasis on tea or on food. There are not enough around here to make this assumption in general. So, I will add the IMHO.

Currently enjoying a nice Yutaka Midori with some Karigane thrown in. The Karigane adds a nice added dimension to the cup. Very nice actually.

its understandable how that could happen too. just because you are good with tea or food doesn't mean you are good with the other.

salsero-are you being serious? i can't tell if this is a joke or not. if you are serious, that makes me sad. not that its any of my business or i've been here long enough, but i've always enjoyed your pics and discussion.

Aug 15th, '08, 19:21

by Proinsias » Aug 15th, '08, 19:21

Stop apologizing and get with the picture Sal.

In all honesty I can't think of a better citizen on Teachat, if there was need for another moderator you would be my first choice.

Aug 15th, '08, 19:23

by geeber1 » Aug 15th, '08, 19:23

I agree with Prooinsias.

Sal, your photos keep me coming back to TeaChat every day. Please don't stop! :cry:

Aug 15th, '08, 19:30

by Chip » Aug 15th, '08, 19:30

Come on, Sal, on with the photo! We all look forward to your photo everyday!!! :P

Off topic posting is a part of TeaDay. I would never want to see it end.
Last edited by Chip on Aug 15th, '08, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.

Aug 15th, '08, 19:32

by laran7 » Aug 15th, '08, 19:32

Hi Salsado - I just wanted to say that your photos were always on target - and lovely - and your posts included information that I have followed while I learn about tea and tea brewing. I haven't seen them as frivolous at all;

I'm sure a lot of people will miss you if you disappeared - so don't!
Best wishes

Aug 15th, '08, 19:44

Re: Apologia

by kymidwife » Aug 15th, '08, 19:44

Salsero wrote:If I do continue to participate in some capacity, I will certainly try to be a better forum citizen. For now my cheeks are red with shame.
Dontcha just hate it when someone apologizes to you and you don't regret the questionable offense at all? I am apparently too obtuse to have recognized anything but pleasant, funny, informative, interactive participation from you. I must insist that you continue to participate in that capacity, because yours is a presence here that I look forward to, and enjoy immensely, every single day.

Sarah <---- resisting the urge to fall prey to forum drama and vigorously flame any and all complainers (we get enough drama in the rest of our lives, let's not create any in our virtual zen garden of Teachat)
Last edited by kymidwife on Aug 15th, '08, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

Aug 15th, '08, 20:00

by Ti » Aug 15th, '08, 20:00

Let 'em complain. It's only a message board, not judgment day.

I wonder what the ratio of complaintants to non-complaintants is anyway?

Aug 15th, '08, 20:23

by jim109 » Aug 15th, '08, 20:23

Keep them comming Salsero!!! Enjoy the pics /artwork? and humor/info very much!!! Jim

Aug 15th, '08, 20:34

by laran7 » Aug 15th, '08, 20:34

[quote="kymidwife virtual zen garden of Teachat [/quote]

I just love that idea - " a virtual zen garden" . It must be the reason I've become so attached to Teachat so quickly. Its an interesting fun conversation and a little bit of Utopia. And personality is a good thing -

Aug 15th, '08, 21:22

by henley » Aug 15th, '08, 21:22

Regarding Sal, what everybody else said & more! Without the photos & sometimes off topic discussions, this place can be quite boring IMO. It just becomes a big bulletin board of "I drank this today" rather than leading to discussions & even friendships. The photos are a fun way to see everybody's teaware & discover new teas that might not otherwise get discussed.

Stepping down off my soapbox now. Had Golden Monkey this afternoon. Off to stare at the tea drawer. Think I can hear the Pouchong calling my name from here.

Aug 15th, '08, 22:12

by augie » Aug 15th, '08, 22:12

Salsero wrote:I would like to apologize to all my friends on TeaChat for
  • Posting too frequently
    Posting too frivolously
:shock:
Is this a joke? It's not April 1st! (It's not the Canadian equivalent, I checked my calendar) I don't think anyone finds this to be true.
Salsero wrote:I really didn’t realize what an insufferable boor I had become until a brave and thoughtful friend took the time to point out to me that I had made TeaChat my own personal playground
This person is no friend. The whole Tea Day Thread is off topic - it's how you start your day. If you have a specific question, you go to the topic it fits under. :?

Aug 15th, '08, 22:14

by RussianSoul » Aug 15th, '08, 22:14

Salsero wrote:I would like to apologize to all my friends on TeaChat for
  • Posting too frequently
    Posting too frivolously
I really didn’t realize what an insufferable boor I had become until a brave and thoughtful friend took the time to point out to me that I had made TeaChat my own personal playground and that there have been numerous complaints about me over the past weeks.

If I do continue to participate in some capacity, I will certainly try to be a better forum citizen. For now my cheeks are red with shame.
I don't get this. Is something lost in translation? Are you serious?

Sal, please don't change! Please continue to post frequently, too frivolously, on and off topic. I love you, your posts and your pics. You make me laugh, you are helpful, you are generous with your time and your tea, and your photography is gorgeous.

Besides, I thought this forum is a virtual playground, why else are we all here?

Aug 15th, '08, 22:20

by Riene » Aug 15th, '08, 22:20

100% tea for me.

While I enjoy the aroma of coffee--especially the flavored ones--I have never been able to reconcile the taste....bitter, nasty brew it is. I've tried Starbucks, coffee at my parents' house, International Foods instant stuff...all vile.

Drinking Wuyi oolong tonight.
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

Aug 15th, '08, 23:28

by Geekgirl » Aug 15th, '08, 23:28

Salsero wrote:I really didn’t realize what an insufferable boor I had become until a brave and thoughtful friend took the time to point out to me that I had made TeaChat my own personal playground and that there have been numerous complaints about me over the past weeks.

WTH? I'm hoping this is just a joke that I don't get (because I can be obtuse like that,) if not, I have workboots that are itching for some shins to kick.