Wednesday TeaDay 8/27/08 Tea and appetite?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Jumping into a controversial subject. Does tea suppress YOUR appetite? (does it enhance it?)

Yes, I truly believe it does suppress
16%
I think in some way it does, maybe indirectly suppress
25%
No, I do not think it does suppress
33%
NO, definitely not, does not suppress
12%
Other
14%

Total votes: 57

Aug 27th, '08, 20:55

by murrius » Aug 27th, '08, 20:55

I don't think tea effects my appetite at all. I wake up, I drink tea, I eat, I work, I eat, I drink tea, I sleep..... rinse and repeat.

This morning had two large cups of Sencha Zuiko. Oh my! I'm going to have another cup or three tonight!

Aug 27th, '08, 22:33

by joelbct » Aug 27th, '08, 22:33

I think there is a mild appetite suppressant effect, but that is not the worst thing in the world.

Drinking for the day, locally roasted *coffee* (yikes!) this morning, and matcha at the moment...

Aug 27th, '08, 23:39

by Cinnamon Kitty » Aug 27th, '08, 23:39

I really don't know if tea suppresses my appetite or not. I feel that it works similar to water in that if you drink more liquids and are more hydrated especially before meals, you tend to eat less. Personally, there might be a little bit of appetite suppression for me when I drink tea. I've noticed that I am generally less hungry as it gets closer to meal times than I was in the past if I have been drinking tea between meals.

Today seems to have been more of an iced tea day. I enjoyed a mix of Organic Monk's Blend and Orange Blossom Oolong, which makes an awesome iced tea, and some cold apricot honeybush that my boyfriend kept stealing from me during class. He wasn't too sure of the honeybush as iced tea, but at least he was drinking it. Currently, I am enjoying the later steeps of some Nan Tou.

Aug 27th, '08, 23:55

by Space Samurai » Aug 27th, '08, 23:55

I honestly don't know either way. :?

Today I'm drinking some Roasted TGY from Just4Tea that arrived today. Love this stuff, and I'm happy to have some again. I spent a while trying to find other, great TGYs like this one, always wanting to explore and try other teas, but in the end I decided that sometimes you just have to stick with what you love.

Also received my bicycle helemet and headlight for the bike. About to go night riding as soon as I finish this cup.

Aug 28th, '08, 00:03
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Aug 28th, '08, 00:03

Space Samurai wrote: About to go night riding as soon as I finish this cup.
... and I just got back. Waiting for me: Uji Kirameki. I have also been toying with the idea of ordering more of that TGY.

Aug 28th, '08, 03:30

by bronzebed » Aug 28th, '08, 03:30

Salsero wrote:
bronzebed wrote: here's a sencha i made [/img]
Very pretty. This one may actually be just a little too feminine for me. At least it doesn't have ruffles.
yeah, its a bit too feminine for me too actually but it was a dollar and in good shape so i picked it up.

Aug 28th, '08, 03:37

by Chip » Aug 28th, '08, 03:37

Salsero wrote:
Space Samurai wrote: About to go night riding as soon as I finish this cup.
... and I just got back. Waiting for me: Uji Kirameki. I have also been toying with the idea of ordering more of that TGY.
I will be riding in around 15 hours. :D Wear the helmet Space. A very close friend of mine was killed in a simple fall, just never woke up. Another friend likely was saved by his helmet. In the type of riding I am involved in, I see too many crashes, but fortunately almost everyone is wearing helmets.

MMM, Kirameki, that is rare leaf now. I finished up a nice session of an equally rare Kunpu earlier. I like it a lot, but definitely liked the Kirameki more. Te styles are very similar though.

Finished the night with Ancient Tea Tree flowers. Not quite enough tea, but it was allll good.

Aug 28th, '08, 17:45

by Victoria » Aug 28th, '08, 17:45

I think perhaps indirectly, yes. Sometimes for me if I brew a large pot, I find I just don't have room for a lot of food, I will eat something smaller or lighter. Or I'm not hungry at all. Sometimes I just forget to eat, if I am focused on making tea.

:lol:

Aug 28th, '08, 17:53

by chamekke » Aug 28th, '08, 17:53

Chip wrote:I will be riding in around 15 hours. :D Wear the helmet Space. A very close friend of mine was killed in a simple fall, just never woke up. Another friend likely was saved by his helmet. In the type of riding I am involved in, I see too many crashes, but fortunately almost everyone is wearing helmets.
What Chip said.

My husband's best friend fell from his bicycle (no helmet), sustained serious brain damage, lingered for a few weeks, then died. Desperately sad, and so unnecessary.

There is some sufferings we can avoid...

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Aug 28th, '08, 20:03

by Wosret » Aug 28th, '08, 20:03

My sister was wearing a helmet on her bicycle and still got a hairline fracture on her skull when she had an accident. I shudder to think how much worse it could have been if she hadn't been wearing a helmet.

Aug 28th, '08, 20:27

by Chip » Aug 28th, '08, 20:27

Sad subject with a happy ending, but my friend I mentioned who was saved by his helmet would have definitelely had life altering head injuries including major disfigurement (think road rash to the whole side/front of his head) and brain damage, quite possibly even death.

Even still he was knocked out for a whole day and did not even remember the helicoptor pick up.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!