Labor Day TeaDay 9/01/08 Tea labor?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Happy Labor Day, everyone! Is tea ever a LABOR (as in like work) for you?

Yes, I can definitely say it can be like work on occasion
4%
Yes, it can sometimes be like work
15%
Maybe yes
15%
No, I don't think so
25%
Definitely not
40%
Other
2%

Total votes: 55

Sep 1st, '08, 12:37

by Carnelian » Sep 1st, '08, 12:37

Tea turns into work when I need it in order to breathe through my nose (tea is the only substance I have found that can tame my seasonal allergies)
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Sep 1st, '08, 12:40

by Carnelian » Sep 1st, '08, 12:40

Oh, and I love the new avatar Cinnamon, beautiful yarn color
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Sep 1st, '08, 12:43

by chamekke » Sep 1st, '08, 12:43

Everything about tea is pleasurable.

Oh - except maybe the part where I have to pay for my tea and teawares habit.

In my cup... some Georgian Old Gentleman. ("...that I picked up at a bar. Honk honk! Enjoy the veal, I'm here 'til Thursday.")

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Sep 1st, '08, 13:11
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Sep 1st, '08, 13:11

Tea is always a joy for me, but sometimes it makes me furrow my brow like when a kid has to decide which Christmas present to open first.

Sep 1st, '08, 13:40

by neowolf » Sep 1st, '08, 13:40

The choosing of the tea, the preparing of the tea, and of course the consumption of the tea; not a chore in the least! The cleaning up of the teaware? Slightly! But when keeping in mind that I'm about to prepare more not so much so!

Started today with an Irish breakfast with a splash of milk and sugar.

Sep 1st, '08, 14:16

by Geekgirl » Sep 1st, '08, 14:16

Love tea and tea stuff, HATE dusting. And I seem to do more dusting these days. So I picked "maybe." Bah humbug.

I guess I've been mostly absent from TeaChat the last several days. I've been working on some other photo projects, and trying to get out shooting more while we have this unseasonably cool weather.

Today in my cup: Korean oolong that I saved from the box pass. I was really prepared NOT to like this tea, but it is very pleasant. Soft for a wuyi (which I assume it is,) has a very strong smoke/roast aroma at the outset, but the smokiness is nearly gone in the tea leaves after the third steep. I'm not sure I care for the leaf aroma now, it has a bit of unexpected tang, but I can also taste just a hint of pepper.

All in all, I'm glad I tried this one, but it's not on my "to order" list.

Sep 1st, '08, 14:22

by bronzebed » Sep 1st, '08, 14:22

Wosret wrote: I'm drinking Twining's loose-leaf English Breakfast. Really small leaves in this one; they go right through my strainer. :?
have you tried using a tea sock. they work well for me for those really small leaves.

about to make some yunnan royal gold for breakfast.

Sep 1st, '08, 14:48

by Wosret » Sep 1st, '08, 14:48

bronzebed wrote:have you tried using a tea sock. they work well for me for those really small leaves.
I'm thinking about it, but I honestly can't tell it from bagged, so I don't think I'll be getting it again.

Sep 1st, '08, 14:48

by murrius » Sep 1st, '08, 14:48

Making and drinking tea is usually a restful activity for me.

Made a pot of Gyokuro Kin this morning. First time I tried it. Very nice. I probably brewed it a little too long but it was still good. I drank 4 small cups as I usually do in the morning with Sencha. I'll tell ya, the Gyokuro sure snapped my eyes open after that quantity. I think two cups would have done quite nicely. I ran around for a couple of hours like the energizer bunny. Got a lot done though......

Sep 1st, '08, 14:59

by Salsero » Sep 1st, '08, 14:59

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: Image
Beautiful cup and beautiful selective focus!
If the Korean oolong is indeed from Korea, then it's probably not a Wuyi, since the Wuyi mountains are in the North of Fujian Province in China. Clearly you have been away too long!
murrius wrote: I ran around for a couple of hours like the energizer bunny. Got a lot done though......
:lol:

Sep 1st, '08, 15:00

by Smari » Sep 1st, '08, 15:00

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:
I heart this cup :D Beautiful photo GG!
Tea tea tea... I like tea...

Sep 1st, '08, 15:04

by Geekgirl » Sep 1st, '08, 15:04

Salsero wrote: If the Korean oolong is indeed from Korea, then it's probably not a Wuyi, since the Wuyi mountains are in the North of Fujian Province in China. Clearly you have been away too long!
:lol: Okay then, "wuyi-style". Heh. It's dead already though. 5 steeps, just tangy water. I definitely used enough leaf, it just didn't expand well, and there were a lot of broken leaves and twigs. The leaves smell just a bit sour now too. Not my favorite tea. I think I'll have some puer for the rest of the afternoon. It's kind of damp and chilly here.

On another note, Matcha the Budgie got a serious upgrade to his living quarters. I never did find his owners, so he will be staying with us.

Smari: Thanks! It's one of my Daiso finds. CheapCheapCheap!

Sep 1st, '08, 15:06

by laran7 » Sep 1st, '08, 15:06

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:Love tea and tea stuff, HATE dusting. And I seem to do more dusting these days. So I picked "maybe." Bah humbug.
Beautiful cup, Geekgirl - I really like the melon shaping (?) around the edges.

I'm home for once dusting and writing and on the computer and getting annoyed with myself for being on the computer -

but I think I'm going to be drinking three different teas today - Darjeeling ( Adagio
Darjeeling Summer with a cinnamon stick added),Oolong #8 and local Sencha leaf. I like to cook foods - but I'm not used to making tea recipes - there is a recipe for cinnamon tea from Greece and Mexico which is why I tried that. Its OK -
not as overwhelming as chai.
Last edited by laran7 on Sep 1st, '08, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.

Sep 1st, '08, 15:07

by Cinnamon Kitty » Sep 1st, '08, 15:07

Tea is definitely not work. Not even the cleaning of my tea ware seems like to work to me. Then again I am odd and like cleaning. The only work like part is picking out what tea to brew.

Today is starting with some sencha.

Sep 1st, '08, 15:56

by olivierco » Sep 1st, '08, 15:56

Definitely not. Tea is not work.

Darjeeling Namring SFTGFOP1 right now.