Labor Day TeaDay 9/01/08 Tea labor?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Happy Labor Day, everyone! Is tea ever a LABOR (as in like work) for you?

Yes, I can definitely say it can be like work on occasion
4%
Yes, it can sometimes be like work
15%
Maybe yes
15%
No, I don't think so
25%
Definitely not
40%
Other
2%

Total votes: 55

Sep 1st, '08, 16:37

by augie » Sep 1st, '08, 16:37

Salsero: I hope you have the floor shored up under that hutch! :lol: I could never come to terms with that much teaware. I'd just stand there trying to decide which one to use . . . I don't think I'd ever get down to making tea.

GGU: Nice cup and pretty bird. We have a 3 year old keet that just started mimmicing us a few months ago. Of all the birds to pick, my kids find the only one at the pet store with mental problems! :?

I am trying to enjoy the last of my dragonwell surprise gift from a co-worker of DH. After all the reunion food and partying it is a green tea detox day. I went to bed last night wanting green tea. Tried drinking water, but that didn't help.
Tea is definately not work, or maybe it's just so worth the effort it doesn't seem like it. Definately not the instant gratification of opening a bottle of soda in 2 seconds.

Sep 1st, '08, 17:19
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Sep 1st, '08, 17:19

augie wrote: I am trying to enjoy the last of my dragonwell surprise gift from a co-worker of DH.
Does this mean I will be inheriting that tin soon? :wink:

Impressive family photos, Sal and Brandon too (yesterday). It takes me long enough to pick a tea each time. I would go crazy with all the teaware choices, but it would be a happy crazy.

I realllly love the cup, Geek, and as usual, presented perfectly. Thanx for sharing it with us.

About once a week, tea can seem like work when I have to break out the vinegar and descale all the teaware (amazing how much scale glass attracts :x ). It is a little time consuming, but I am amazed how good tea tastes the next day.

That is about the only time it is work. I love to brew as much as I love to drink. Love love love, love is all you need!

Another fantabulous TeaDay! Adagio Nepal FF started the ball rolling and then shincha Yutaka Midori a la O-Cha, followed by Kunpu shincha from Den's. I am on a great streak right now of great TeaDays. There is something to be said for tea focus in selecting teas, and yet I still have enough variety to keep that side of me happy too.

Sep 1st, '08, 18:33

by Wosret » Sep 1st, '08, 18:33

olivierco wrote:SFTGFOP1
Fancy! :D

Sep 1st, '08, 19:41

by scruffmcgruff » Sep 1st, '08, 19:41

Sometimes it seems like work, but really only when I need to write a review of a sample given by a vendor for my blog.

Sep 1st, '08, 20:52

by henley » Sep 1st, '08, 20:52

The only time it seems like work is in the evenings after a long day & I'm super tired. That's when I wish there was a faster way to enjoy a cuppa... or had a TeaFairy! :lol:

Despite spending yesterday & today at picnics &/or cookouts, managed to squeeze in some good tea moments. Enjoying a cuppa Shui Xian to end the day... though we didn't really want to come home from the lake. It's times like this that I really enjoy living here!

Sep 1st, '08, 21:31

by Salsero » Sep 1st, '08, 21:31

henley wrote: ... or had a TeaFairy!
Pretty photo, Henley. If you keep wishing for the TeaFairy, one day you will have one. You just have to believe very hard.

Sep 1st, '08, 23:03

by joelbct » Sep 1st, '08, 23:03

henley wrote:Despite spending yesterday & today at picnics &/or cookouts, managed to squeeze in some good tea moments. Enjoying a cuppa Shui Xian to end the day... though we didn't really want to come home from the lake. It's times like this that I really enjoy living here!
Nice pic! I am reading a book set in Georgia, 'East is East,' by T Coraghessan Boyle, about a Japanese sailor who jumps ship and gets marooned at an artists colony. It is a great read so far, rather funny...

Sep 2nd, '08, 03:18

by Victoria » Sep 2nd, '08, 03:18

Definitely not - I enjoy all aspects - even the cleaning up.
:)

Sep 2nd, '08, 03:30

by Beidao » Sep 2nd, '08, 03:30

In between two lectures I went to a tea shop. Got Jade Oolong, my first Bai Hao Yin Zhen and my very first sheng :D There were a lot of nice yunomis but I could not decide.

Anyway, the owner of the shop made two different oolong for me to taste and one of them - a Feng Huang Dan Cong Mi Lan Xiang Old Bush - was really, really wonderful :shock:
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Sep 2nd, '08, 08:28
Location: curled up with my cats, a good book, and a nice cup of tea

by Cinnamon » Sep 2nd, '08, 08:28

Carnelian wrote:Oh, and I love the new avatar Cinnamon, beautiful yarn color
Thankee, Carnelian!

Sep 2nd, '08, 08:31

by CynTEAa » Sep 2nd, '08, 08:31

henley wrote:The only time it seems like work is in the evenings after a long day & I'm super tired. That's when I wish there was a faster way to enjoy a cuppa... or had a TeaFairy! :lol:

Lovely, Henley! Thanks for sharing this pic!

I, too, would like a TeaFairy or a TeaMom. Maybe they could also vacuum? :wink: