Monday TeaDay 9/08/08 Craving tea at night?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

When do you CRAVE tea more, at night (when maybe you cannot have more tea) or in the morning as the water is heating for your first cup of the day.

I crave tea more at night (when maybe I cannot have more)
23%
I crave tea more in the morning as the water is heating
36%
I crave it night and morning pretty equally
39%
Other
2%

Total votes: 44

Sep 8th, '08, 11:43

by jazz88 » Sep 8th, '08, 11:43

Jack_teachat wrote:About even for me, although I tend to stick to green teas late afternoon/evening. Yutaka Midori to accompany Mansfield Park today, I think this is my favorite Austen so far. YM arrived this morning and is fantastic! although I am going to adjust my parameters slightly for the next brew. Jack :D
Another Jane Austin fan here? Nice!
I voted other I crave a cup of tea most around 4 p.m. when I need a break from work and at that point I'm fairly tired so a cup of tea really helps.

Keemun for me today.

Sarah – really nice image! I wish I had a deck!

Sep 8th, '08, 11:58

by Beidao » Sep 8th, '08, 11:58

Making some kukicha. Earlier today I've had kukicha and keemun. Later I will have Long Jing. I feel very tired and cold so it's Time for Tea.

Jack: I cannot say that MP is my personal Austen favourite. Mina is probabaly Northanger Abbey, even if S&S and P&P are good to. Some people really do not like MP, glad your not one of them :)
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Sep 8th, '08, 12:02

by orguz » Sep 8th, '08, 12:02

Salsero,

Beautiful picture your teacup is even more appealing. Can you let me know where to buy them. It looks like Meissen made porcelain, I did some searching on the net but not many sell Meissen's chinese/japanese looking items.

Sep 8th, '08, 12:04

by henley » Sep 8th, '08, 12:04

Crave it equally. After dropping my dtr off at school, I go back home & fix bfast for me & hubby. The whole drive home I'm thinking about which tea I'll make. Then there's my evening tea. What a way to end the day! As I'm putting the kids to bed, I start thinking about which tea I'll fix. Thankfully I can drink tea up until bedtime or even while in bed w/o losing any sleep.

Cool pics today. Nice to see you contributing, Kymidwife!

Shui Xian w/bfast this morning. Hope to resteep the leaves later today.

Sep 8th, '08, 12:07

by Jack_teachat » Sep 8th, '08, 12:07

Beidao wrote:
Jack: I cannot say that MP is my personal Austen favourite. Mina is probabaly Northanger Abbey, even if S&S and P&P are good to. Some people really do not like MP, glad your not one of them :)
Northanger Abbey has been my favorite so far! I also thoroughly enjoyed Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion. Pride and Prejudice has been my least favourite, I just can't quite understand why everyone seems to rave about it?? I am also yet to read Emma. Jack :D

Sep 8th, '08, 12:21

by Beidao » Sep 8th, '08, 12:21

Jack_teachat wrote:
Beidao wrote:
Northanger Abbey has been my favorite so far! I also thoroughly enjoyed Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion. Pride and Prejudice has been my least favourite, I just can't quite understand why everyone seems to rave about it?? I am also yet to read Emma. Jack :D
Oh, so I'm not too strange favouring Northanger Abbey! It's so fun I think and "catchy". Persuasion was my least favourite. Pride and Prejudice - dunno, just find it very well written. Emma is the only novel I haven't read by Austen. I just never find it in the libraries :roll:
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Sep 8th, '08, 12:30
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Sep 8th, '08, 12:30

orguz wrote: Can you let me know where to buy them.
The Matsuba teacup is from Hibiki an. It is surprisingly large, holding almost 5 oz filled to the brim.

As we have learned from Chamekke, the matsuba or dual pine needle is a symbol of romantic constancy because the needles form pairs that never come apart.

Sep 8th, '08, 12:39

by orguz » Sep 8th, '08, 12:39

Salsero wrote: Hibiki an. It is surprisingly large, holding almost 5 oz filled to the brim.

As we have learned from Chamekke, the matsuba or dual pine needle is a symbol of romantic constancy because the needles form pairs that never come apart.
Thanks Sal, I bookmarked that link for future spending, that cup is perfect for Gong Fu a la solo.

Sep 8th, '08, 12:49

by olivierco » Sep 8th, '08, 12:49

I crave it night and morning pretty equally

Uji Karigane Gyokuro "Asa-Giri" before dinner.

Sep 8th, '08, 13:16

by Trey Winston » Sep 8th, '08, 13:16

I mainly crave tea in the morning, which is a matter of habit. I can't drink any caffeine even somewhat close to bedtime, or I'll be twisting and turning for hours.
More sencha today.
Trey

Sep 8th, '08, 13:52

by Pentox » Sep 8th, '08, 13:52

I get cravings for it at pretty much random times throughout the day.

Today: Midori Sencha cold brew. I have a feeling that this is a YM, but i'm not sure of it. The vendor's site isn't labeled.

Sep 8th, '08, 13:58

by Geekgirl » Sep 8th, '08, 13:58

I'll drink tea through about 5pm, want it most around mid-day, maybe starting at 11am or so, and through about 2pm. This is typically when I used to crave coffee too, so I wonder how much has to do with the caffeine?

This morning, started with a matcha latte, yummy.

Sep 8th, '08, 14:00

by RussianSoul » Sep 8th, '08, 14:00

orguz wrote:
Salsero wrote: Hibiki an. It is surprisingly large, holding almost 5 oz filled to the brim.

Thanks Sal, I bookmarked that link for future spending, that cup is perfect for Gong Fu a la solo.
Yep! This is exactly how I use mine: gongfu solo in 90ml gaiwan. In fact, I will go now and make some Formosa Wu Yi like that.

Sep 8th, '08, 14:14

by Geekgirl » Sep 8th, '08, 14:14

Bwahahaha!!! I got up and left the room for a second. My empty matcha latte bowl was sitting on my desk. Walked back in just now and this character:

had just finished licking the bowl clean. I guess not only do "poppets like matcha latte" but CATS do too! teehee!

Sep 8th, '08, 14:31

by Salsero » Sep 8th, '08, 14:31

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: Bwahahaha!!! ... I guess not only do "poppets like matcha latte"
OK, I am a little slow on the uptake, but I did finally get around to Define: Poppet on Google. What I found was more than a little disturbing, to wit:

• Witch doll. Similar to a voodoo doll. Poppets were often made from the Mandrake plant.
    A humanoid figure that is used to represent someone for a spell or other magical working.
    A doll made of clay, wax, wood, or even cloth to represent someone for the use of spellcasting.
OK, you have a black cat and you collect Poppets. Mmmm ... did I mention how enchanting your photos are today? And just where does one find good mandrake root these days?