Saturday TeaDay 10/04/08 Self brew or not?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Would you prefer to brew your tea or have someone brew it for you? Are there some grey areas?

I brew, period
29%
I like to brew my tea
34%
There are some grey areas here
27%
I think I would like tea brewed for me
2%
PLEASE brew for me
7%
Other
2%

Total votes: 59

Oct 4th, '08, 21:24

by daughteroftheKing » Oct 4th, '08, 21:24

While I like to brew (and if it doesn't turn out right, then there's nobody to blame but myself), I also know how to be a good guest :) . Sometimes we just have to take joy in the pleasure that brewing tea gives to the host/ess.

Today mostly drinking my own Flintridge Chai. Our Indian Summer weather seems to be coming to an end, which meant a day of much garden & yard work. The 1st steep of full caffeine was to get me going, and 2nd & 3rd to relax. In between had some white peach on ice.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Oct 4th, '08, 22:31

by horsencl » Oct 4th, '08, 22:31

When I'm at home, I definately prefer to brew tea myself. My family often forgets that I do not use milk or sugar, even with black tea. However, I LOVE going to real tea shops and being served delicious professionally prepared teas. In November I will be going to a tea demonstration lecture at the Urasenke Chanoyu Center in NYC. I hope I'll have a chance to sample some excellent teas while I am there.

Oct 5th, '08, 00:24

by Trioxin » Oct 5th, '08, 00:24

I've never had anyone brew tea for me. The only tea houses I know of in my area use bagged tea and not loose. The midwest is weak.

Oct 5th, '08, 11:11
Scrolling: scrolling

by CynTEAa » Oct 5th, '08, 11:11

During the week, while working, I'd love a TeaFairy - or as Xine says, a TeaGenie. Might they also vacuum? :) They would of course, have to possess decent TeaSkillz.

When not frenetically working, TeaPrep has its own zen-like, relaxing quality. (Unless the gaiwan lid slips or some other mishap.) :oops:

Oct 6th, '08, 00:58

by Shannon » Oct 6th, '08, 00:58

I will brew my own tea since nobody drinks tea around here. My friends think I am a little NUTZ.