Monday TeaDay 10/06/08 Sometimes you feel like a nut ...

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Many tea drinkers are also health nuts on some level. Are you some kind of health nut?

Yes, perhaps extremely
6%
Yes I am
13%
I think so
23%
I do not think so
29%
No I am not
21%
No, I eat glass, leaded
6%
Other
2%

Total votes: 62

Oct 6th, '08, 09:43

by Smari » Oct 6th, '08, 09:43

I have to have tea with my McDonalds to balance out the unhealthy and healthy.
Joking!

Oh yes, I am a health nut. My diet involves no read meat, only chicken and fish, lots of veggies, fruits, & grains. I train 6 days a week and count my daily calorie intake, I make sure I get at least 8 glasses of water a day (includes tea :lol: ), and I try to use all natural products (makeup, haircare, etc).

I think I am quite a health nut :)

This morning- trying out the holiday sampler Pumpkin Spice. It's so yummy!

Oct 6th, '08, 09:51

by neowolf » Oct 6th, '08, 09:51

I don't think I'd call myself a health nut. I do happen to like a lot of foods that are healthy, but I eat them because I enjoy them; not because I'm aiming for healthier eating. That and the other parts of my diet are attrocious. ;)

Drinking some iced fruit tea this morning. Some blend called casablanca at the teashop I got it from. Not sure what all's in it but it's quite delightful.

Oct 6th, '08, 10:34

by Maitre_Tea » Oct 6th, '08, 10:34

I think I might be a bit of a health nut, but that might be influenced by the fact that I live so close to a Whole Foods. Having done volunteer work in environmental sustainability I value the importance of organic produce, which I try to buy.

After doing a presentation on the dangerous chemicals in shampoo, soap, beauty products, etc. I've been "scared" into using all-natural stuff.

Enjoying some Huangshan Maofeng also

Oct 6th, '08, 10:37

by daughteroftheKing » Oct 6th, '08, 10:37

I don't really consider myself a health nut, but compared to so many people around me, perhaps I am a bit. (Only "a bit" b/c I can't seem to make myself go the gym regularly :oops: ) Since the beginning of this year I've certainly committed to a long-term healthy way of eating as I've lost 70 pounds so far.

As for the health benefits of tea - that's just a plus since I've always loved it anyway.

In my 1st morning cup, a delicious Baozhong (thanks V.) which I'll enjoy again tonight. Now at work waiting for Mandarin Green to steep.
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Oct 6th, '08, 10:45

by Shelob » Oct 6th, '08, 10:45

[[quote]quote="daughteroftheKing"] Since the beginning of this year I've certainly committed to a long-term healthy way of eating as I've lost 70 pounds so far

Wow, congratulations to you on this wonderful endeavor! Keep it up, I know you must feel marvey!!!! :)

oolong is sooooo marvey too! In my cup now...Have a FAB TeaDay afternoon

Oct 6th, '08, 11:07

by daughteroftheKing » Oct 6th, '08, 11:07

Thanks, Shelob. I DO feel marvey, and this morning was a milestone as I finally hit that -70. There's still a looong way to go, but I've eliminated 2/3 of my prescriptions so my pocketbook is happier, too (I'd use the $ to buy more tea if I wasn't in such dire need of less-baggy clothes!).
"Top off the tea... it lubricates the grey matter."
(Jerry Ledbetter, "Good Neighbors")

Oct 6th, '08, 11:24

by cheaton » Oct 6th, '08, 11:24

Definitely not a health nut. I try to use tea as my substitute for eating unhealthy stuff. I want oreos, I drink tea. Crave chips.. drink tea. MMMM NUTELLA... drink tea. It's almost working at this point, and getting better the more yummy teas and teaware I get :)

Oct 6th, '08, 11:30

by Smari » Oct 6th, '08, 11:30

daughteroftheKing wrote:Since the beginning of this year I've certainly committed to a long-term healthy way of eating as I've lost 70 pounds so far.
Oh wow, congrats!! I'm so happy for you! Once you're hitting the mark like that, it's going to be hard to stop :) Keep up the great work!

I'm about to steal back my Jasmine oolong that I gave to my coworker this morning because all of a sudden I'm craving it :twisted: I wonder if that would be a bad thing to do...

Oct 6th, '08, 11:35
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Oct 6th, '08, 11:35

I chose #5 but I am actually between #5 and #6.

My criterion of food used to be, it's delicious and it doesn't make me die on the spot. Sometimes my negative feedback on a trendy restaurant might be, "too healthy! :evil: "

So I don't think I am even close to health nut. But I think most of my tea drinker friends are in a much healthier life style than mine and I guess they would choose at least #2 or 3.

I think with the process of aging (and maybe under influence of tea), I am moving toward the top of the healthy habit gradient :P

Recently I got some lotus leaf tea (actually just dried lotus leaves). It is said to make one lose weight by decreasing blood lipid. Some people say after having lotus leaf tea daily for a while, they no longer crave for greasy food. I have yet to try it out because so far nothing has ever prevent me from craving for greasy food :P
By sitting in peace and doing nothing,
You make your one day worth two days.

Oct 6th, '08, 12:00

by beecrofter » Oct 6th, '08, 12:00

Guess what, you WILL die!
Go out and grasp a handfull of soil, you will become soil for a brief instant.
You will spend far more time as interstellar dust which makes up the majority of matter as we know it.
Get over it.
Worry more about how to enjoy your time here to the fullest.

Laugh at the joggers/
who pass by in their grimaces/
do they look happy?

In my cup is a year 2000, 888 cake. Most likely from Dehong, very tasty and mellow, maybe not at all complex but brewed in a mason jar so it can rest on my workbench.

Oct 6th, '08, 12:01
Scrolling: scrolling

by CynTEAa » Oct 6th, '08, 12:01

daughteroftheKing wrote:Thanks, Shelob. I DO feel marvey, and this morning was a milestone as I finally hit that -70. There's still a looong way to go, but I've eliminated 2/3 of my prescriptions so my pocketbook is happier, too (I'd use the $ to buy more tea if I wasn't in such dire need of less-baggy clothes!).
Congratulations, DoK! That is amazing!

I am sort of a health nut. But one who gives in to indulgences. :)

Yunnan Gold to start and now a big mug of Spring Darjeeling. Lots to do today!

Happy Monday, everyone!

Oct 6th, '08, 12:05

by Smari » Oct 6th, '08, 12:05

beecrofter wrote:Guess what, you WILL die!
Go out and grasp a handfull of soil, you will become soil for a brief instant.
You will spend far more time as interstellar dust which makes up the majority of matter as we know it.
Get over it.
Worry more about how to enjoy your time here to the fullest.

Laugh at the joggers/
who pass by in their grimaces/
do they look happy?

In my cup is a year 2000, 888 cake. Most likely from Dehong, very tasty and mellow, maybe not at all complex but brewed in a mason jar so it can rest on my workbench.
It's true that we will all die, but on my part, I'd like to live a little longer to see more of this world :wink:
Tea tea tea... I like tea...

Oct 6th, '08, 12:38
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Oct 6th, '08, 12:38

Terrasi wrote:On a side note; a friend of mine recently said he'd be willing to try some teas until he finds one he likes. I think that's awesome. I'll addict him yet.
Have you introduced him to Oolong? :wink:
daughteroftheKing wrote:Thanks, Shelob. I DO feel marvey, and this morning was a milestone as I finally hit that -70. There's still a looong way to go, but I've eliminated 2/3 of my prescriptions so my pocketbook is happier, too (I'd use the $ to buy more tea if I wasn't in such dire need of less-baggy clothes!).
Yay, I'm so proud of you!! You are doing great! I won't even recognize you by the time you make it to California for a visit! :wink:

Oct 6th, '08, 12:49

by caligatia » Oct 6th, '08, 12:49

I wouldn't call myself a health nut, but I suppose I eat pretty well. I'm mostly vegetarian (I eat fish occasionally), and I avoid additives and preservatives when I can. That said, I really enjoy chocolate. And pastries. And full-fat dairy products. Eep!

I've dropped about twenty pounds so far, and still have a ways to go before I'll be happy. I'm doing it just by cutting down on sweets and eating more salads. I need to get more exercise, though.

Tea is not a health drink for me. I'm supposed to watch my caffeine intake, actually. :? If I wanted to be really healthy I'd switch to herbals, but real tea is too addictive for me to give up!

Oct 6th, '08, 12:57

by kongni » Oct 6th, '08, 12:57

For breakfast I eat some kind of whole grain, rice milk, nut butter, gomasio, and steamed greens. Although I don't consider myself a health extremist, I definitely am health conscious and feel better overall when I eat well.

The toughest thing for me to resist is cookies with tea! Especially stroopwaffles. Oh! Stroopwaffles with some good fukamushi or black tea is HEAVEN :D

Having some keemun now. Good ol' bancha next :D