Thursday 10/9/08 Marooned again, oh no, not that tea?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Marooned again on an island, what is the LAST tea you would want to be "stuck with?"

Ugh, black
7%
Oh nooo, oolong
3%
Bleh, green
7%
Wimpy white
7%
Booo pu-erh
11%
Bahhhherbal
54%
Other
11%

Total votes: 61

Oct 9th, '08, 12:05
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Oct 9th, '08, 12:05

Shelob wrote:Auggy, in reference to "The Chairman", that would be Chip...ooooh another title for him.
[hint: I threw that in so he doesn't 'ban' me for mentioning the darkside's "Probable" win!]
I think you mean inevitable.
:twisted:

Oct 9th, '08, 12:09

by Smari » Oct 9th, '08, 12:09

Eh, no herbals for me please... I remember getting sick from them because of how strong it smelled, I don't think it affects most people the same way. It was so bad for me that I threw up. Ecckkk....

This morning, I started off with Adagio's pouchong- not my favorite but it was there.

Oct 9th, '08, 12:13

by CynTEAa » Oct 9th, '08, 12:13

Chip wrote:
CynTEAa wrote: Nepal FF with cider donuts yesterday, and I have enough of all to repeat! Yum!
Not sure what cider donuts are exactly, but I am willing to learn. :P
MMmmmm, just had another. They are cake donuts made with apple cider. Sometimes they have apple chunks in them. They are not frosted but the cider makes them sweet and so good. Of course, they pair beautifully with the tea of your choice. Opted for 'Champagne Oolong' with this one.

Oct 9th, '08, 12:16

by Shelob » Oct 9th, '08, 12:16

Victoria,
Yes, what a silly word choice ' probable' for me! OOOLong all day for me!

All who knows what HE might do this side of Mordor, HIS army could be preparing for an onslaught! There is still time.

Oct 9th, '08, 12:30

by Victoria » Oct 9th, '08, 12:30

Shelob wrote:Victoria,
Yes, what a silly word choice ' probable' for me! OOOLong all day for me!

All who knows what HE might do this side of Mordor, HIS army could be preparing for an onslaught! There is still time.
No, Oolong HAS won, we just won't hear about it. It is a silent victory. But a victory nonetheless. Ha!
CynTEAa wrote: MMmmmm, just had another. They are cake donuts made with apple cider. Sometimes they have apple chunks in them. They are not frosted but the cider makes them sweet and so good. Of course, they pair beautifully with the tea of your choice. Opted for 'Champagne Oolong' with this one.
Champagne Oolong huh? Is this another preview of coming attractions? You are such a tease!! When???? When????

Oct 9th, '08, 12:43

by CynTEAa » Oct 9th, '08, 12:43

Victoria wrote:
CynTEAa wrote: MMmmmm, just had another. They are cake donuts made with apple cider. Sometimes they have apple chunks in them. They are not frosted but the cider makes them sweet and so good. Of course, they pair beautifully with the tea of your choice. Opted for 'Champagne Oolong' with this one.
Champagne Oolong huh? Is this another preview of coming attractions? You are such a tease!! When???? When????
Oh, no no. Sorry, Victoria. Didn't mean to be so cryptic. It's just our Oolong #40, aka 'champagne oolong'. It really hits home with a cider donut and is like an old friend somehow.

Oct 9th, '08, 12:52

by Victoria » Oct 9th, '08, 12:52

CynTEAa wrote: Oh, no no. Sorry, Victoria. Didn't mean to be so cryptic. It's just our Oolong #40, aka 'champagne oolong'. It really hits home with a cider donut and is like an old friend somehow.
Ok Cyn you are off the hook. I really need to be on the oolong advisory panel!
:wink:

Oct 9th, '08, 12:58

by CynTEAa » Oct 9th, '08, 12:58

Victoria wrote:
CynTEAa wrote: Oh, no no. Sorry, Victoria. Didn't mean to be so cryptic. It's just our Oolong #40, aka 'champagne oolong'. It really hits home with a cider donut and is like an old friend somehow.
Hehe, thanks. It's the yummiest panel for sure!

Oct 9th, '08, 13:01

by Chip » Oct 9th, '08, 13:01

CynTEAa wrote:
Victoria wrote:
She just wants free oolong samples! :lol:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Oct 9th, '08, 13:03

by CynTEAa » Oct 9th, '08, 13:03

Chip wrote:
CynTEAa wrote:
Victoria wrote:
She just wants free oolong samples! :lol:
Yes, but she also wants them to be GOOD. :)

Too many quotes? What is the quote quota?

Oct 9th, '08, 13:04

by Chip » Oct 9th, '08, 13:04

CynTEAa wrote:
Chip wrote:
CynTEAa wrote: Nepal FF with cider donuts yesterday, and I have enough of all to repeat! Yum!
Not sure what cider donuts are exactly, but I am willing to learn. :P
MMmmmm, just had another. They are cake donuts made with apple cider. Sometimes they have apple chunks in them. They are not frosted but the cider makes them sweet and so good. Of course, they pair beautifully with the tea of your choice. Opted for 'Champagne Oolong' with this one.
Cake donuts as in "not fried?"
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Oct 9th, '08, 13:05
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Oct 9th, '08, 13:05

does "other" mean refusing to vote? :P
Although most herbal teas are just called tea and have nothing to do with tea, I don't want to give them up in my life. rose bud, chrysanthumum, osmanthus, goji, these are must's in my life.
By sitting in peace and doing nothing,
You make your one day worth two days.

Oct 9th, '08, 13:16

by kymidwife » Oct 9th, '08, 13:16

I voted "other" because what I really mean is Rooibos, blechhh. I know some people voted herbal meaning rooibos (blechhhh), but to me it is not really an herbal... and I hated to punish spearmint and peppermint and lemongrass and lemonbalm and the other palatable herbals just because I don't like rooibos, blechhh.

In my cup... hmmm... what will be next? I had some Darjeeling 22 early this morning, and some iced pu from some mini tuochas from SpecialTeas... was a nice hot cup last night, and a refreshing iced tea today. Maybe I will give it another go.

Sarah

Oct 9th, '08, 13:35

by Victoria » Oct 9th, '08, 13:35

Chip wrote: She just wants free oolong samples! :lol:
Free??? Shoot, I can't even BUY them!! Because the Queen of Oolong resides on the West Coast, and the new releases are released first on the East Coast, the Queen must wait and wait, and wait. So in order to defray this madness the Queen has now arranged with a loyal East Coast subject in South Carolina to purchase all new Oolong releases and send to her muy pronto. I was merely scouting to see if a royal accusation decree needed to be forthcoming.

My third brew this morning is a Spring Oolong from Lupicia.

Carry on.

Oct 9th, '08, 13:55

by omegapd » Oct 9th, '08, 13:55

henley wrote:Nice to see you back around here, Omegapd! :wink:
Thanks. 8)

Even though I don't have time to post everyday, I'm still addicted enough to this place to read the majority of threads. Don't think I forgot about that trip up your way one of these days...

EW