Friday TeaRoom 10/10/08 Quiet moment with fav tea?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Today is a TeaRoom TeaDay. Your pick, a do next to nothing time with your favorite tea?

A movie
5%
Read a book
23%
TeaChat
13%
Watching sports or TV
4%
Listen to music
18%
Puzzles/games
No votes
Completely veg
13%
Listen to sounds of silence
14%
Other
11%

Total votes: 56

Oct 10th, '08, 00:12
Scrolling: scrolling

Friday TeaRoom 10/10/08 Quiet moment with fav tea?

by Chip » Oct 10th, '08, 00:12

Welcome TeaChatters to TeaDay. I hope we can all share what is in our cups today, all day.

Yesterday, herbals took a beating as the top choice of a "tea" responders would NOT want to have if marooned on an island. You can still vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

On a related matter, OOLONG was the top choice by 2 votes over green tea as the tea of choice if marooned on an island. The Oolongonians have won a trip, to be marooned on an island with nothing more than KOMBUCHA Congrats and good riddance. :twisted: just kidding

Today is a TeaRoom TeaDay. Your pick, a do next to nothing time with your favorite tea? A movie, a book, TeaChat, watching sports or TV, listen to music, puzzles/games, completely veg, listen to sounds of silence? Other? Why?

I am looking forward to vegging on TeaDay with everyone. Bottoms up.
Last edited by Chip on Oct 15th, '08, 08:20, edited 1 time in total.

Oct 10th, '08, 00:34

by Victoria » Oct 10th, '08, 00:34

I prefer to spend time here on TeaChat. What a better way to enjoy tea than with friends and learning about tea right here.
Chip wrote: On a related matter, OOLONG was the top choice by 2 votes over green tea as the tea of choice if marooned on an island. The Oolongonians have won a trip, to be marooned on an island with nothing more than KOMBUCHA Congrats and good riddance. :twisted: just kidding
Ha! If only it were that easy to get rid of us! Isn't Kombucha started from Green tea?

Last edited by Victoria on Oct 10th, '08, 00:41, edited 1 time in total.

Oct 10th, '08, 00:38

by caligatia » Oct 10th, '08, 00:38

Knitting! I love drinking tea when reading books and listening to music, too, but I'm less likely to pay attention to the tea itself. Whereas with the knitting I do a row, sip some tea, do a row, sip some more... I think I really am meant for colder climes. I couldn't do the knitting or the tea drinking if it wasn't for my air conditioner. Florida weather, wool, and hot beverages don't really go together. :)

Edited to add what I'm drinking, because I forgot: Adagio darjeeling #22. I'm really liking this. I'm going to have to explore more darjeelings as finances permit...

Oct 10th, '08, 01:38

by Chip » Oct 10th, '08, 01:38

Victoria wrote:I prefer to spend time here on TeaChat. What a better way to enjoy tea than with friends and learning about tea right here.

Ha! If only it were that easy to get rid of us! Isn't Kombucha started from Green tea?

I don't think you will have internet access on the island!

I make every effort to NOT learn anything about tea that is growing a culture in it, prefering an Asian culture growing my tea. However, if it is started with green tea, that is the ultimate ummm, revenge. On some level, one could I suppose argue all teas kind of start as green tea. :wink:
caligatia wrote: I'm drinking Adagio darjeeling #22. I'm really liking this. I'm going to have to explore more darjeelings as finances permit...
Darjeelings are amazing, aren't they!

Oct 10th, '08, 01:53

by tsusentei » Oct 10th, '08, 01:53

I don't like to do anything except tea when I am really enjoying what I am drinking. I sit and focus on the flavors, aromas, and textures and the time just slips by unnoticed.

I have just finished a tencha evening. A single-estate, unblended tencha from a producer friend in Kyoto pref. I had a bit sprinkled over my rice, some for dessert, and some steeped up for kicks. It really is good stuff.

Oct 10th, '08, 02:13

by Salsero » Oct 10th, '08, 02:13

tsusentei wrote: I have just finished a tencha evening.
Do you generally find tencha to be more like gyokuro than like matcha?

Movie for me. Though TeaChat (+ tea blogs) and Sounds of Silence come close seconds. In fact I am really enjoying this 2007 Mengsa sheng right now while cruising TeaChat.

Oct 10th, '08, 02:19

by daughteroftheKing » Oct 10th, '08, 02:19

Tea goes with me practically everyplace. And to especially enjoy it, I generally veg out. As I re-think it, though, I guess my favorite way to enjoy tea is with a friend. And today I missed my weekly "T@3" group as I left work early.

Finishing off the last of some iced White Peach with ginger, but this is really my final tea for Thursday. Friday hasn't truly arrived for me as I'm still up...so more tea reports later.
Last edited by daughteroftheKing on Oct 10th, '08, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

Oct 10th, '08, 02:31

by tsusentei » Oct 10th, '08, 02:31

Salsero wrote:
tsusentei wrote: I have just finished a tencha evening.
Do you generally find tencha to be more like gyokuro than like matcha?
No, more maccha flavor than anything else. It is so different from other Japanese teas. I think it is because it is dried to a greater degree than the others. I think gyokuro gets most of its distinct flavor profile from the rubbing.

That is quite a green puer you are digging into; how do you coax out your sheng?

Oct 10th, '08, 02:33

by Trioxin » Oct 10th, '08, 02:33

Music closely followed by movie for me.

Currently drinking Baozhong - Farmer's Choice from Floating Leaves Tea.

Oct 10th, '08, 02:48

by omegapd » Oct 10th, '08, 02:48

I like to read. I know my work night is done when I can get home, read the paper, have some breakfast and enjoy a cup.

EW

Oct 10th, '08, 03:23

by Salsero » Oct 10th, '08, 03:23

tsusentei wrote: That is quite a green puer you are digging into; how do you coax out your sheng?
It is young and it is also rather green in leaf color, but it was easy to brew and did not show much of that "green tea" taste some young sheng exhibits ... due in no way to any skill of mine.

Actually, if you search for posts under the word Mengsa, you will find that quite a few people have reviewed this tea in TeaChat ... including me reviewing it twice ... I had forgotten. :oops:

Oct 10th, '08, 04:08

by Trey Winston » Oct 10th, '08, 04:08

Silver Needle and a good book is very close to my ideal tea experience. I had several days like that the last couple of weeks, with Anathem by Neal Stephenson. Recommended for nerds.

Oct 10th, '08, 04:16

by tsverrir » Oct 10th, '08, 04:16

I like to listen to music. That way I can put my focus on the tea. I also love drinking tea while reading, but that makes me focus more on the reading part.

In my cup this morning... hmm... an Irish breakfast TEA BAG. I'm working in another location today and I didn't bother to take my gear with me. Tastes like some over brewed, but still washed out red. I'll be looking forward to a few cups of Wu Ling spring when I get home this evening.

Oct 10th, '08, 04:32

by horsencl » Oct 10th, '08, 04:32

I don't get to do it often but I really do prefer to just sit in silence while I appreciate my tea :). No tea for me yet today but it is very early. Hoping to have some time to try a pu sample I ordered from Hou De.

Oct 10th, '08, 08:21

by eor1122 » Oct 10th, '08, 08:21

Ideally quietly listening to music with no interruptions, followed closely by reading a good book.

In my cup this morning a Blueberry Black Tea that I got from a local tea lounge.