Wednesday TeaDay 10/29/08 Cooler weather tea?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

The weather was reported to be chillin' yesterday by many TeaChatters. Are your tea choices changing with the weather?

Yes, most certainly, pretty drastically
11%
Yes, changing a bit
40%
Maybe
13%
I don't think so
15%
No, definitely not
22%

Total votes: 55

Oct 28th, '08, 22:23
Scrolling: scrolling

Wednesday TeaDay 10/29/08 Cooler weather tea?

by Chip » Oct 28th, '08, 22:23

Welcome everyone to Teaday. Please share what is in your cup today, all day.

Yesterday most responders indicated they miss TeaChat/TeaDay when they are not able to check it out. You can still vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic. The weather yesterday was reported to be chillin' by many TeaChatters. Are your tea choices changing with the weather? Please share. How is it changing, if it is?

I am looking forward to chillin' on TeaDay with everyone, bottoms up.

Oct 29th, '08, 00:47

by caligatia » Oct 29th, '08, 00:47

I said "I don't think so". Then again, Florida doesn't get that cold.

Darjeeling #22 in my cup right now. Not the best tea ever, but one cannot drink golden monkey exclusively. :)

Oct 29th, '08, 00:55

by geeber1 » Oct 29th, '08, 00:55

Darn it, thought I'd be the first to post!

I've been drinking more hot tea since the weather has become cooler. This summer I drank a lot of Ginger Peach and Raspberry Lime iced tea, now I enjoy the darker straight blacks more. I'm also exploring some Nilgiri teas, they are pretty great!

On the subject of Nilgiri teas, does anyone have an opinion of Holy Mt. Tea? I saw that they have a bunch of Nilgiris but don't want to risk ordering from them until I hear some professional TeaChatter opinions. :)

Oct 29th, '08, 00:58

by Maitre_Tea » Oct 29th, '08, 00:58

Yes, I've been shying away from greens and white teas. I've been preferring high roasted oolongs and black teas these days. I feel like these kinds of teas "warm" me up more than green or white tea

Oct 29th, '08, 01:06

Shan Lin Shi / Shan Lin Xi

by Salsero » Oct 29th, '08, 01:06

caligatia wrote: Then again, Florida doesn't get that cold.
It's 36° out there right now!
geeber1 wrote: professional TeaChatter opinions.
:lol:
Sorry Geeber, maybe you can be first tomorrow!

Temp doesn't affect my drinking habits ... come summer or come winter. Image

Oct 29th, '08, 01:07

by Trioxin » Oct 29th, '08, 01:07

No change here despite the snow flurries and freezing temps. Looking like its going to be an early winter.

still drinking the Xiaguan 8100 from yesterday.

Oct 29th, '08, 02:15

by Vulture » Oct 29th, '08, 02:15

No definitely not! San Diego is known for its awesome weather. The change in type of teas I make will be when the summer hits. I also work in a chilled networking room so its always a good time to have hot tea.

Oct 29th, '08, 02:22

by omegapd » Oct 29th, '08, 02:22

Nope. I'll drink iced tea all year and weather doesn't influence my hot tea drinking either.

Some 2004 loose leaf shu this morning at work. It's only "eh" but at work it doesn't matter...

EW

Oct 29th, '08, 03:17

by olivierco » Oct 29th, '08, 03:17

No noticeable changes in my tea drinking because of the season.

Keemun with my breakfast.

Oct 29th, '08, 04:26

by zacstill » Oct 29th, '08, 04:26

it snowed yesterday! ugh! already?

little change in my tea habits due to weather, but I may order some chai from adagio for those really nasty days.

Will try the King of Pu Erh sample from puerhshop today, and probably some more long jing. I've been drinkin it every day for some reason.

<whine>
-4:30 am and still working on this paper.... due in approx 10.5 hours
</whine>

Oct 29th, '08, 04:34

by Trey Winston » Oct 29th, '08, 04:34

I voted "maybe". We awoke to snow today, and I can't help but notice that I'm sitting here with a pot of oolong :shock: . I must be very sensitive to the weather, but subconsciously and unbeknownst to myself.

Oct 29th, '08, 05:26

Daily cuppa and poll

by treazure » Oct 29th, '08, 05:26

Ye gods and little fishes yes it changes! Once it gets cold here (anything under 70 is cold to me), out come the sweaters and the teapots get a lot more action.

Irish Breakfast in my pot right now. See ya'll later, gotta take number 4 son for nerve ablation. If you are driving in southwestern GA, get off the roads now or beware blind old bat hunched over steering wheel and a younger man with his hair standing on end and screaming "Dear God, we're all gonna die!"
Jeanne - I never met a tea pot I didn't like.

Oct 29th, '08, 07:45

by Drax » Oct 29th, '08, 07:45

I said "I don't think so" only because I'm still in the very high exploratory phase, so I'm all over the board. :D

I'm enjoying my first cup of An Xi Oolong. Very interesting. . . .

Oct 29th, '08, 08:08

by chad » Oct 29th, '08, 08:08

My choices don't change much. I tend to drink black tea and spiced chai on the weekends anyway (Irish Breakfast, Stash chai with sweetner, etc.). However, my spouse is a winter weather tea drinker and gravitates towards Constant Comment type teas and a nice blueberry black she found a few years ago (no, we don't still have the teabags from a couple of years ago!). :D

Margaret's Hope darjeeling in the mug to start the day.

Oct 29th, '08, 08:08

by kymidwife » Oct 29th, '08, 08:08

I said "maybe"... indecisive, eh?

I will still drink iced tea all winter during the day or with some of my meals. I have been drinking hot tea daily as well, all summer, no matter what the outside weather is. So, the hot/cold factor probably won't change for me.

I said maybe because I've suddenly been craving more roasted teas, and because I usually drink some chai in the depth of winter, and I hardly ever drink that when it's warm.

I roasted rice and barley yesterday and made my mugi-genmai... tastes actually very similar to just the usual mugicha... very tasty! I have a huge cannister full now, ready for brewing... and some cold-brewed in the refrigerator for immediate consumption!

Edit: Forgot to say what's in my cup.... Adagio's Pouchong... had the first infusion last night (very delicious) and its still good this morning. I may try roasting some of it myself for a bit heavier flavor occasionally. I just love to experiment. I know there are fancier and more expensive options out there, but I really do enjoy Adagio's oolong offerings.

Have a great Tea Day.

Sarah
Last edited by kymidwife on Oct 29th, '08, 08:19, edited 1 time in total.