Thursday TeaDay 10/30/08 Fave tea of the month?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

... it is the end of the month again. Time to find out our favorite tea for the month of October. So, what is your fave for October?

It was a black
30%
An oolong
23%
A green
28%
A white
3%
A pu-erh
12%
Yerbe mate
No votes
Rooibus
2%
An herbal
2%

Total votes: 60

Oct 30th, '08, 12:45

by geeber1 » Oct 30th, '08, 12:45

hop_goblin wrote:The Queen of Teas
Okay, risking the dunce cap here, but what is the Queen of Teas? :?

Victoria, glad they got to you so quickly, hope you enjoy them! The Dooars seems to be a little more temperamental than the Nilgiris are, I've been going 2 to 2-1/2 minutes on that one.

Oct 30th, '08, 12:46
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 30th, '08, 12:46

Tea na wrote: BUT I did try some new teas. I ordered samples from Adagio, the new AliShan, and a Pu Erh Poe - OH MY GOSH, THEY ARE SO GOOD!

TeaChat has helped me learn about new teas, how to drink them, and how to appreciate them. Love TeaChat!!!
Yep, love the TeaChat! It is always nice to hear how TC has helped others enjoy tea all the more!!! Thanks for sharing.

Heh, a virtual dead heat so for between the top 3 contenders in the poll! 8)

Oct 30th, '08, 12:50

by leiche » Oct 30th, '08, 12:50

Oolong, always oolong.

Tried Keemun Rhapsody this morning, and actually enjoyed it. I'd be more specific, but I don't remember it very well, since I was basically half-asleep during its consumption.

Time to try out the Yunnan Noir now. I don't usually enjoy Yunnan-origin blacks, but we'll see!

Oct 30th, '08, 12:57

by Chip » Oct 30th, '08, 12:57

leiche wrote:Tried Keemun Rhapsody this morning, and actually enjoyed it. I'd be more specific, but I don't remember it very well, since I was basically half-asleep during its consumption.

Time to try out the Yunnan Noir now. I don't usually enjoy Yunnan-origin blacks, but we'll see!
Don't ask me why, I did not get the new Keemun and I like Keemuns the most as far as blacks go. Sounds like a good one too. The Yunnan sounds different from most Yunnan, which is good since Yunnan is not my fave black either. I haven't tried it yet.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Oct 30th, '08, 13:29

by daughteroftheKing » Oct 30th, '08, 13:29

This month I've switched over to White for favorite tea. No particular one. I've just found myself drinking more of them the last couple of weeks. (Not deserting the Oolongonians, just out enjoying the surrounding countryside :) )

This morning's first cup was a Darjeeling from Tao of Tea. Surprisingly non-astringent for a 1st flush (I usually prefer 2nd flush) and I look forward to re-steeping it this evening.

At work, Stash's Mutan White. First steep was a bit darker than what I expect in a white, but 2nd and 3rd quite nice. Thank you, V., for both of these samples.

Waiting to order Adagio's new White Symphony & Golden Spring. Received email notice that they're in...oh but not yet for West Coast shipment. :cry: Argh!

Oct 30th, '08, 13:32

by TeaCompulsion » Oct 30th, '08, 13:32

Lately I keep switching between a gyokuro and a long jing, both from Teasource.

Oct 30th, '08, 13:34

by olivierco » Oct 30th, '08, 13:34

Houjicha karigane with my dinner in a few minutes.

Oct 30th, '08, 14:29

by caligatia » Oct 30th, '08, 14:29

mike wrote:Twinings English Breakfast tea is one of my favorites, wasn't too pleased with the adagio one though.. then Twinings Irish Breakfast tea I don't really like, but I loved the adagio one. Maybe it's just me.
I haven't tried Adagio's English Breakfast yet, but I love their Irish Breakfast. And I've always liked Twining's English Breakfast better than the others of that type I've tried. So it's not just you.
mike wrote:I ordered a sample of Ceylon Sonata from adagio along with my personal teapot and black sampler, the best so far was definitely the Ceylon Sonata.. just amazing.
My husband (also named Mike) is in love with the Ceylon Sonata too. I like it, just not as much as he does. :)

My favorite of the month is either Golden Monkey or Irish Breakfast (both from Adagio). I've been drinking a lot of both. Hell, I ordered the Irish on Oct. 5th and have almost emptied the 4oz tin already!

At the moment I'm brewing some iced blueberry black. I'm hot, as my DH has the heater on. Maybe I should go walk around outside a bit and cool off?

Oct 30th, '08, 14:36

by Victoria » Oct 30th, '08, 14:36

In my cup at work this afternoon is Rishi Moonlight White.

Was a bad girl yesterday and ordered more tea thanks to
Maitre_Tea's blog referral. I FINALLY, FINALLY found some
Korean Oolong tea that looks promising.

And oy, a couple of cups jumped in the basket!

I also ordered some replacements from TeaSource for the Nilgiri
and Darjeeling samples I have been sending out. But that doesn't
count, right?

Oct 30th, '08, 14:55

by geeber1 » Oct 30th, '08, 14:55

Victoria wrote:But that doesn't count, right?
Not when it's for the cause! :lol:

Oct 30th, '08, 15:02

by shogun89 » Oct 30th, '08, 15:02

Its a Birthday day for me today! You know what that means, tea ware!!!!!! I'll post pictures when available.

Have a good day all.

Oct 30th, '08, 15:04

by Geekgirl » Oct 30th, '08, 15:04

Word of advice:

When you want to turn your mediocre quality matcha into a matchalatte, make sure you have the milk, before you mix it up and put the sweetener in. :shock:

Unpleasant tea morning. My matcha was substandard, my green tea steeped too long (I got distracted,) and I haven't had time to make more. I think I'll remedy that right now.

Oct 30th, '08, 15:04

by Maitre_Tea » Oct 30th, '08, 15:04

Victoria wrote:
Was a bad girl yesterday and ordered more tea thanks to
Maitre_Tea's blog referral. I FINALLY, FINALLY found some
Korean Oolong tea that looks promising.
You make it seem as though it's a bad thing to buy more tea :wink: Favorite tea of the month for me has def. oolong, and in particular a high roasted TKY from Shan Shui Teas. I've been hearing good things about Just4Tea's high roasted TKY, and I'll be getting to that in a few weeks. I sent them a message about a free sample, but I've got nothing yet. Does anyone know how long it takes for a free sample to arrive?

Oct 30th, '08, 15:10

by Salsero » Oct 30th, '08, 15:10

shogun89 wrote: Its a Birthday day for me today!
Happy Birthday. I want to see that teaware ... NOW!