Friday, Haunted TeaDay 10/31/08 Trick or treat?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is NOT for the faint of heart. What will I be giving trick or treaters this year?

Stale Lipton bags
17%
Lapsang souchong
10%
Republic of Tea flavored tea I bought in 1999
15%
Pu-erh
10%
A mystery tea I found in an unmarked tin
23%
Other
25%

Total votes: 52

Oct 30th, '08, 23:40
Scrolling: scrolling

Friday, Haunted TeaDay 10/31/08 Trick or treat?

by Chip » Oct 30th, '08, 23:40

Welcome to haunted TeaDay, everyone. Please share what is in your cup today, all day.

Yesterday responders chose the dark side for their fave tea of the month by a narrow margin over greens. Oolong was third. Ironically, the Oolong Queen's promotion of blacks seems to have worked toooo well it seems as blacks were the spoilers for oolong this month. You can still vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is NOT for the faint of heart. It may repulse you, scare you, might even make you ill. What will I be giving trick or treaters this year? Stale Lipton bags, Lapsang souchong, Republic of Tea flavored tea I bought in 1999, Pu-erh, or a mystery tea I found in an unmarked tin??? :twisted:

A bonus topic, what will you be giving trick or treaters?

I am looking forward to trick or treating at each of your homes tonight, hide your tea.
Last edited by Chip on Oct 31st, '08, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

Oct 31st, '08, 00:07

by Victoria » Oct 31st, '08, 00:07

I vote for RoT - I think that is where you got your start, some over-brewed green, you probably picked up some flavors too.
I doubt you have any Lipton's on hand.
SCARY!!!!

I'll be handing out the good stuff, of course!! No, not my premium oolongs!! Lots of Reeses!

Oct 31st, '08, 00:22

Verdant Peak Taiwan Oolong

by Salsero » Oct 31st, '08, 00:22

That's easy, puerh! The older and moldier the better. It's what I am handing out tonight to the kiddies.

For my TeaDay buddies, however, a Special Autumn photo in honor of Halloween tonight.
Verdant-peak.jpg

Oct 31st, '08, 00:29

by caligatia » Oct 31st, '08, 00:29

Give them lapsang, because you want to make them happy!!! Lapsang = nummy goodness. In fact, I think I'll have a cup right now. :idea:

(Nothing for the trick or treaters. I'm keeping the porch light off and eating all the chocolate myself. :twisted: )

Oh! And today is my fourth wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been four years already! I look forward to many, many more years with my sweetie. *mushiness*

Oct 31st, '08, 00:30

by Maitre_Tea » Oct 31st, '08, 00:30

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa
why is lapsang souchang on there? Are you trying to say something here, Chip?
*figures that lapsang souchang is an acquired taste tea*

Oct 31st, '08, 00:43

by geeber1 » Oct 31st, '08, 00:43

Hmmmm ... I said tea from an unmarked tin, because where I live, they would probably SMOKE the tea rather than DRINK it. :shock:

(and not smoke it like Lapsang, either!)

Oct 31st, '08, 01:33

by Trioxin » Oct 31st, '08, 01:33

You'd probably get arrested for handing out anything loose leaf. Some of it looks too much like other stuff.

I ain't giving out jack this year. I plan on spending some quality time with my TV (thats television, not transvestite) watching Poltergeist and Halloween (2007) on blu-ray. Gotta love horror in Hi-def.

Currently drinking a 2008 Menghai Da Yi Hong Pu-erh I just got in the post today. Shock me, shock me,... its really not that bad (despite the pretty pink wrapper).

Oct 31st, '08, 02:04

by Vulture » Oct 31st, '08, 02:04

I say just give them a large spoonful of wet Rooibos in their hands then casually ask any parents nearby where they purchase their pickled ant brains from. :twisted:

Ironically in my cup is caramel rooibos which I have to say is mighty tasty.

I will be working the night of the 31st...

Oct 31st, '08, 02:20

by omegapd » Oct 31st, '08, 02:20

Rooibos was my answer too. But not because it's tasty. :lol:

I live out in the sticks. I've never had a trick or treater come by house in the 11 years I've been here. My kid has already been twice so far. :roll: Church had something for them on Wednesday, the city I live in had theirs Thursday because the real Halloween would conflict with a high school football game, and tonight the kid is going somewhere else with a buddy of his. That means a lot of candy. Good for him (us) :wink:

Rose Pu-erh this morning at work.

EW

Oct 31st, '08, 03:14

by olivierco » Oct 31st, '08, 03:14

No Halloween in France.

Yunnan golden tips with my breakfast.

Oct 31st, '08, 03:42

by Trey Winston » Oct 31st, '08, 03:42

While almost entirely unknown just a few years ago, Halloween is starting to take off here in Norway, particularly among the younger crowd (go figure). But we'll be giving them candy, not tea - I only have good ones, and I'm not sharing.

Oct 31st, '08, 06:04

by olivierco » Oct 31st, '08, 06:04

Hibiki-an SP sencha right now.
Perfect after a short bicycle ride on a cold weather (5°C).

Oct 31st, '08, 06:44

by battra » Oct 31st, '08, 06:44

Trey Winston wrote:While almost entirely unknown just a few years ago, Halloween is starting to take off here in Norway...
In Sweden, it's the opposite! I think it was about ten years ago that the commerce tried to introduce Halloween in Sweden, and I was at Halloween masquerades for many years in a row. But now you almost see nothing about Halloween, and I read in the newspapers some year ago about the big decrease in the number of people who do anything special for Halloween. I have never seen any "trick or treaters", but here the kids use to collect candy at Easter instead.

I had a long breakfast today, reading the newpaper and drinking sencha (trying ippodo "kaboku").

Oct 31st, '08, 07:11

by jim109 » Oct 31st, '08, 07:11

Yunnan noir this morning...very good.!!

Oct 31st, '08, 07:58

Halloween goodies

by treazure » Oct 31st, '08, 07:58

Happy 4th anniversary Caligatia! This is our 42nd. We ditched the question who got tricked and who got treated a couple of decades into our marriage.

We're giving out the giant size Reese cups, Snickers, and Texas size cinnamon rolls. I wasn't able to do the yard haunt this year, so there probably won't be many kids. What a shame! We'll have all those goodies on hand. Sigh.

Colombian done to a full city roast in my mug. I'll start drinking tea after the coffee maker is empty, then I think my first one will be an inexpensive Darjeeling I found in the grocery store.

Unless my Adagio order gets here, sigh. boo hoo...I don't wanna wait till next week!
Jeanne - I never met a tea pot I didn't like.