Saturday TeaRoom 11/01/08 Tea, cups, pots, tins?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic might blow your mind!!! Hopefully you are home so you can do a reality check. Which do you think you have the most of: teas, pots, cups, or tins?

Teas
59%
Pots
7%
Cups
16%
Tins
18%

Total votes: 61

Nov 1st, '08, 01:23
Scrolling: scrolling

Saturday TeaRoom 11/01/08 Tea, cups, pots, tins?

by Chip » Nov 1st, '08, 01:23

Welcome to a TeaRoom TeaDay in our virtual TeaRoom. Please share what is in your cup today, all day.

Yesterday was filled with tricks and treats, you can still vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic might blow your mind!!! Hopefully you are home so you can do a reality check. Which do you think you have the most of: teas, pots, cups, or tins? See, I told you this might blow your mind! :shock:

I am looking forward to sharing the TeaRoom with everyone today! Bottoms up!

Nov 1st, '08, 01:31

by Vulture » Nov 1st, '08, 01:31

Oh I definitely have more teas than anything, tins coming a close second. I have about 20 different new teas sitting in a box waiting for my gaiwan to come in. Plus the 10+ other teas that I already have at home/work.

(woo first post of the day even though its only 10:30pm :P)

Nov 1st, '08, 01:44

Big Red Robe

by Salsero » Nov 1st, '08, 01:44

Drat, the Vulture swooped in and beat me to the punch!

Undoubtedly tea ... no matter how you count: weight, number, or volume. That's the beauty of puerh, no matter how little you drink you can always get more pu! Not like those nasty greens that are like ticking time bombs.

Since there is no rush on the pu, tonight I am enjoying another great find by the intrepid and indefatigable Trioxin. Many thanks, Tri, for the gift of this wonderful Big Red Robe aka Da Hong Pao. As much as for the gift, thanks for the source of this excellent and reasonably-priced example of Yan Cha. I will surely be ordering more.
This guy is like a blood hound at sniffing out great new tea! How does he do it? And I hear he drives a whip.

Nov 1st, '08, 01:59

by Trioxin » Nov 1st, '08, 01:59

Thanks for the props yo.

I definitely have more tea than anything. Way more tea than anything.

Currently drinking 2008 Menghai Da Yi Hong Raw still.
Last edited by Trioxin on Nov 1st, '08, 04:11, edited 1 time in total.

Nov 1st, '08, 03:00

by omegapd » Nov 1st, '08, 03:00

Again with the tea. It's not even close...

Drinking some cold Ceylon from Upton's this morning...

Nov 1st, '08, 04:46

by olivierco » Nov 1st, '08, 04:46

More teas than anything else.

Yunnan golden tips with my breakfast.

Nov 1st, '08, 04:51

by Victoria » Nov 1st, '08, 04:51

Way more tea than anything else! Thus the need for endless teaware!
Maybe someday I will get it under control ... or not.

:)

Nov 1st, '08, 08:13

by teaguru » Nov 1st, '08, 08:13

Waaaaay more teas than anything! I'm a tea nut! My local tea house loves me because I'm their best customer!
I believe drinking tea makes me a better artist. But hey, I also believe I'm completely sane.

Nov 1st, '08, 08:15

by Rakuras » Nov 1st, '08, 08:15

*eyes the time*

I'd make a zombie joke but that was yesterday and I doubt it is indeed Halloween in any other part of the world at 5am PST. Either way, it definitely comes to tea > cups > pots > tins for myself. Teas become the flavor in the cup brewed from the pot all withdrawn from the tins. As the tins, bags, or like containers are not on display as often as the other categories they are my least concern while the obvious consideration is which of the many brews should I sample and further which standbys should I ready in the event the new brew is a terrible concoction not fit even for house plants. As for my current cups I've started the day off with some plain rooibos and tried some additives to the second cup (sips with cream, sugar cubes, and sugar crystals). The second brew today may likely be one of those temperamental flavored samples lying about. Now to hopefully get some sleep.

*THUD*

Nov 1st, '08, 08:26

by toastedtoads » Nov 1st, '08, 08:26

I haven't actually started a puerh "collection" yet. And I have a few other teas that I really like that I drink, but not as many as I thought. I drink so much tea at work that I don't want too much at home because it'll just go stale.

So I actually have quite the cup collection going. None of them match, and most of them are blue. That's the beauty of working in retail. Discounts. And anything that's damaged enough not to sell but still to use I get to keep. Customer breaks the lid on a mug, I keep the mug. Uneven glaze? New home with me.

I think I'm spoiled.

Although I've started to contemplate where to put the teaware I don't use very much to start making way for more tea. The fact that puerh doesn't go bad is a wonderful thing, although it will definitely start taking up a lot of space.

Nov 1st, '08, 08:42

by olivierco » Nov 1st, '08, 08:42

Hibiki-an SP sencha after my lunch.

Nov 1st, '08, 08:45

Re: Big Red Robe

by eanglin » Nov 1st, '08, 08:45

Salsero wrote:Drat, the Vulture swooped in and beat me to the punch!

Since there is no rush on the pu, tonight I am enjoying another great find by the intrepid and indefatigable Trioxin. Many thanks, Tri, for the gift of this wonderful Big Red Robe aka Da Hong Pao. As much as for the gift, thanks for the source of this excellent and reasonably-priced example of Yan Cha. I will surely be ordering more.
Excellent?
Reasonably priced?

Where, where where?!?

Nov 1st, '08, 08:57

by Chip » Nov 1st, '08, 08:57

Likely more tins. I really do not have as many teas as most people. Perhaps as time goes by, tea drinkers have fewer teas on hand (obvious exception being pu-erh collectors and those who are aging oolong).

Started the day with the sencha given to me by Rishi, tasty. Sweetie jumped right in, KatiKat showed up out of curiousity, And Wulong overslept and arrived late. :wink:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Nov 1st, '08, 09:27

by treazure » Nov 1st, '08, 09:27

Hi my name is Jeanne, and I am a teapot-head. I've been a teapot-head for about 20 years now and have a few dozen assorted, mostly figural teapots.

Sadly, since it is taking so long for my teas to come in and I have yet to become financially well endowed, right now I have more teapots than tea and have had to resort to ... store bought Lipton loose tea.

Currently drinking Lipton black in an Otagiri Gentleman Cat teapot. I call him Chaucer. Last night was in a large polar bear with Christmas tree lights, red scarf and hat. His name is Bearly.

I'm so ashamed.

Jeanne
PS: In addition to the no kill shelter we run here, we also run a Home For Unwanted Teapots. Send to.....(note: that part is a joke, I'm not trying to talk you into sending me teapots, but if you really wanted.... nonononono, I'm not, really, um...)
Jeanne - I never met a tea pot I didn't like.

Nov 1st, '08, 09:40
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Nov 1st, '08, 09:40

Oh! I chose "tins", then realized, I just call all kinds of tea cans "tins", but is that right? I have many little tins made of thick paper board, and some aluminum tea cans and some metal ones. I never throw away a tea can unless it's broken. Since some cans contain the same tea, I think I have more containers than kinds of teas. But actually all my tea containers are either cheap or came free with tea purchases.

If not consider tins, I have more teas than cups or pots.

But, my ideal world is:
No need to store many books at home, and get whatever I need from public library.
No need to store lots of music at home, and get whatever I need from digital radio.
No need to store many teas at home, and get whatever I need, freshly, from the corner tea store.

If that can finally happen someday, then I will stock up all the extra space at home with tea ware :D
By sitting in peace and doing nothing,
You make your one day worth two days.