Tuesday TeaDay 11/04/08 TeaChat or Adagio first?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Did ordering Adagio teas bring you to the TeaChat forum, or did the TeaChat forum lead you to try Adagio teas?

Ordering Adagio teas brought me to the TeaChat forum
45%
The TeaChat forum lead me to try Adagio teas
32%
Neither, I have not yet tried Adagio teas
23%

Total votes: 75

Nov 4th, '08, 01:22
Scrolling: scrolling

Tuesday TeaDay 11/04/08 TeaChat or Adagio first?

by Chip » Nov 4th, '08, 01:22

Welcome everyone to TeaDay, I hope you will share what is in your cup today, all day.

Yesterday, responders indicated they enjoyed tea less as it cooled, but many also enjoyed the changes in flavor as tea cooled. You can still vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic, Riene has a good one!!!

Did ordering Adagio teas bring you to the TeaChat forum,
Or
Did the TeaChat forum lead you to try Adagio teas?

I am as always looking forward to sharing TeaDay with everyone. Bottoms up ...
Last edited by Chip on Nov 4th, '08, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

Nov 4th, '08, 01:27

1994 Aged Liu An

by Salsero » Nov 4th, '08, 01:27

Yippee! I won first place!

I bought tea first, then learned about what I had bought from the forum. I couldn't believe all the information and advice I got here. Then I started making TeaFriends like Proinsias who sent me this 14-year-old, stale tea!

It tastes a little sweet, a little sour, fresh like hay at the beginning (and making me feel very warm), lighter and more earthy as the infusions progress. In the tenth infusion, I have the impression this is tea you just keep brewing till the water runs out! Thanks Proinsias for sharing this lovely stuff!

Nov 4th, '08, 01:38

by Victoria » Nov 4th, '08, 01:38

I bought Adagio teas before I found TeaChat And strangely enough, I found TeaChat separately, not through Adagio.

Very frustrating work day today. My boss keeps stalling me on something he promised. I'm beginning to think he had no intention of going through with it.
Well maybe tomorrow will be better. I hope so. I will need much tea!!!

Nov 4th, '08, 02:38

by TaiPing Hou Kui » Nov 4th, '08, 02:38

I had actually been into tea a while before I had found tea chat. There used to be a really nice tea store here in Williamsburg and I didnt have to go online to get good tea. They closed up shop and so I had to find other resources. I dont remember what exactly I searched for on google but it gave a link to some forum called "teachat". I remember perusing through the forums and thinking to myself "wow! There are others like me! Amazing". I remember I tried to create an account and it took me about a week of e-mailing the moderators to finally get my account created and then, I suppose you could say, the rest is history. In all honesty, I have not yet tried adagio teas, perhaps I will in the future, but for now I have several vendors I am very happy with!
*Currently I am enjoying some very luke-warm genmaicha before bed and it is only lukewarm becuase it has been sitting there for the last 20 minutes......

-Nick (TaiPing)

Nov 4th, '08, 03:12

by olivierco » Nov 4th, '08, 03:12

I bought some tea from Adagio after joining Teachat.

Keemun with my breakfast.

Nov 4th, '08, 03:31

by Trioxin » Nov 4th, '08, 03:31

Kind of embarrassed to say I've yet to purchase anything from Adagio. Maybe someday I'll be brave and give it a go. The whole music related naming system has kinda scared me away from ordering.

Currently not drinking anything. Maybe a nice Oriental Beauty in a bit. Yeah, sounds nice.

Nov 4th, '08, 04:56

by kymidwife » Nov 4th, '08, 04:56

I was searching for a more economical alternative to a tea I was enjoying from Teavana... and my web search led me to Adagio which led me to TeaChat. I'm not sure if I joined Teachat before I actually placed an order, but the two things actually happened fairly simultaneously.

I just got home from the hospital alittle after 3am... on my day OFF no less... 10 hours with a little girlie who just turned 15, scared to pieces. Her poor mother has had quite a day. Was good to be there for them and to meet their gorgeous 8 lb baby girl. The sperm donor, also 15, was down in the hospital lobby with his new girlfriend, having dumped the pregnant one months ago. Made me wanna go and give the new girlfriend a birth control lecture. :shock:

So now it's almost 4am, and I am eating chili-mac (can you say heartburn?) and drinking a combo of dragon-eye oolong 3rd infusion with mugicha/genmaicha. I highly recommend using brewed mugicha as a blender with ANY tea... great with green, oolong, and blacks that I've tried so far... makes a refreshing taste with less caffeine, perfect for late nights such as this.

I must go to bed soon, as I have to be up early to VOTE. My fellow Americans, lets ROCK THE VOTE. No matter who you vote for, the right to cast a vote in a democratic society is a privilege we should all celebrate and honor. It's our ConsTEAtutional duty!

Have a great TeaDay and Happy Election Day to my fellow US citizens,

Sarah

Nov 4th, '08, 05:10

by boywoodhe » Nov 4th, '08, 05:10

Hi All
I voted... that ordering adagio teas brought me to teachat.
your in tea
woodie :D

Nov 4th, '08, 05:37

by Vulture » Nov 4th, '08, 05:37

I was introduced to Adagio's by a coworker. From there I explored the links on the site which led me here. Where I dug in quickly and set to work! :twisted:

I am playing with my new Gaiwan and working through samplers tonight.

So had in my cup recently:
Gunpowder (new)
Spiced Green (new)
Masala Chai (old)
Black Flavored Blend (old, about to brew this)

Nov 4th, '08, 05:42

by Drax » Nov 4th, '08, 05:42

I found TeaChat first and from there went to Adagio's site to order stuff like a kettle, some greens, and an oolong sampler. I really like the fact that I got my stuff only two days later. Amazing.

Because I just moved, I did an absentee ballot in Texas, so my voting-day job is already done :D

Nov 4th, '08, 06:35

by Ti » Nov 4th, '08, 06:35

Since it's my duty to vote today I voted Teachat/Adagio.

Made a mistake with Adagio white blueberry just now and it's so strong it's almost like drinking shu.

Nov 4th, '08, 07:30

by omegapd » Nov 4th, '08, 07:30

I think I googled tea forums and this was near the top of the list. From here, I started ordering from Adagio.

EW

Nov 4th, '08, 07:40

by toastedtoads » Nov 4th, '08, 07:40

I kind of agree with Trioxin in that the whole naming scheme at Adagio is what's keeping me from ordering. The music names just don't make sense, and I hate that for all the numbered teas you have to select each one to find out what it is. It'd be much easier to compare everything if it just said what tea it was in the first place.

Nov 4th, '08, 07:46

by olivierco » Nov 4th, '08, 07:46

Hibiki-an SP sencha to start the afternoon.

Nov 4th, '08, 07:58

by Trey Winston » Nov 4th, '08, 07:58

I was looking for an active tea forum, and discovered TeaChat before I ordered anything from Adagio. I was aware of Adagio before I came to TC, but Adagio's genuine enthusiasm for tea and their evident professionalism converted me to a habitual customer.*

*This testimonial hopefully paid for by Adagio Teas. **

**How 'bout it, Xine? A can of White Peony, perchance? :D

Also, how about an emoticon for "ingratiating smile"? All the cool forums have one.