Tuesday TeaDay 11/25/08 Tea on a schedule?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is contributed by Eastree. He asks whether your tea is enjoyed on a schedule? Do you plan your TeaTimes?

I enjoy my tea on a regimented schedule
2%
I lean towards enjoying my tea on a schedule
19%
Maybe
13%
I do not think so
21%
Definitely not
44%
Other
2%

Total votes: 62

Nov 25th, '08, 02:13
Scrolling: scrolling

Tuesday TeaDay 11/25/08 Tea on a schedule?

by Chip » Nov 25th, '08, 02:13

Welcome TeaPeeps! Please share what is in your cup today, all day.

Yesterday the one thing that was not important to me in a kettle was the one thing that garnered many more votes than any other option, variable temp control. You can still vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is contributed by Eastree. He asks whether your tea is enjoyed on a schedule? Do you plan your TeaTimes? If yes, how important is this schedule to you. If not, why not?

I am looking forward to sharing TeaDay with everyone, bottoms up.

Nov 25th, '08, 07:46

by laran7 » Nov 25th, '08, 07:46

Thats only because my time is pretty tightly scheduled. I apologize for having the first post today. It was entirely accidental - quick - someone post another beautiful picture -

Nov 25th, '08, 08:22

by Beanbean » Nov 25th, '08, 08:22

I have a cup (or two) of tea first thing in the morning (I'm drinking a nice Assam right now) and then I have another cup (or two) in the late afternoon when I get home from class. That's my regular schedule but if my day needs more tea, I'm happy to make (and drink) it.

Nov 25th, '08, 08:42

by Carnelian » Nov 25th, '08, 08:42

I enjoy tea at random, definitely no schedule
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Nov 25th, '08, 08:46

Fuka Supreme

by Salsero » Nov 25th, '08, 08:46

Like Beanbean, I have a schedule but it is determined by where I typically am and what I am doing at that point in the day. That means sencha, like this Fukamushi Supreme, on a day when I have sencha, happens in the late afternoon and goes into the early evening.

I am finally getting close to the bottom of this bag of Fuka Sup! It’s been over a month of the most intense pressure to drink.
The dry leaves may be viewed HERE in the lovely tea scoop Orguz sent me a while back.

Nov 25th, '08, 09:27

by teaguy » Nov 25th, '08, 09:27

I generally drink tea when I'm thirsty. The only real scheduling I do is if friends are coming over on a certain day, or I'm having a tea class.

Although, if by scheduling you mean 'thinking about when I can sit down with a cup of tea', then I'm pretty much doing that all day long, except for when I'm actually sitting down with a cup of tea!

Had an ATROCIOUS day today, but coming home to this makes it all worthwhile!!
(medium roast TKY). My guru, upon hearing about my black tea fiasco, suggested this for my calligraphy sessions. It's pretty much idiot-proof. I did 3-4 minute steeps right from the first, and while it was pretty strong it was never bitter. The extra long steeps just intensified the fruitiness - like over-ripe guava with a touch of honey. Here's what it looks like:

[img][img]http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr31 ... 1_2118.jpg[/img][/img]

Nov 25th, '08, 09:35

by Victoria » Nov 25th, '08, 09:35

Definitely not scheduled. Except having the morning brew as soon as possible upon awakening. The rest of the day I brew as or when I like.

Adagio fujian baroque in my cup this morning.

Have a nice day everyone!

Nov 25th, '08, 10:08

by Maitre_Tea » Nov 25th, '08, 10:08

I don't have a regimented schedule, but I do have times where I enjoy tea...around early evening before dinner and after dinner before I go to sleep. If I could have a tea drinking schedule I would probably be all tea all day and night!

Nov 25th, '08, 10:30

by Selaphiel » Nov 25th, '08, 10:30

No schedule for me, not on anything really :p Not a very organized person, as long as things get done I don't really care when.

Haven Yunnan golden needle now. Nothing can beat this tea on a cold Norwegian autumn day :D

Nov 25th, '08, 10:38

Re: Fuka Supreme

by kongni » Nov 25th, '08, 10:38

Salsero wrote:It’s been over a month of the most intense pressure to drink.
Why all the pressure?

I'm having some fuka style shincha right now. Second steep is aaamazing!

Nov 25th, '08, 10:51

by Smari » Nov 25th, '08, 10:51

Beautiful photos this morning :)

I don't really have a set schedule to enjoy my teas, but it does seem like I do follow a ritual on a daily basis. Tea when I arrive at work, after lunch, afternoon "snack time", and after dinner. - But it's never at the same exact time.

This morning, drinking Ali shan to warm up my cold body from being out in the cold rain.
Tea tea tea... I like tea...

Nov 25th, '08, 11:07

by Riene » Nov 25th, '08, 11:07

I try for a schedule, but like everything else in my life, things happen.

Am on the road this morning, which is not contributory to a good tea experience. Bleh...bags and tepid water.
:?
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

Nov 25th, '08, 11:13

by leiche » Nov 25th, '08, 11:13

No schedule here, though there's always a first cup as soon as I wake up and toddle into the kitchen, whenever that happens to be. Other than that, it's whatever I want whenever I want it until bedtime.

Had a strong cup of Adagio Irish Breakfast to start the morning. Next, I'm thinking some Oolong #8. This is a definitely a dark oolong kind of day: chilly, rainy (we're expecting 1-2 inches!), and busy.

Nov 25th, '08, 11:17

by auggy » Nov 25th, '08, 11:17

I unintentionally lean towards scheduling my tea time. Mostly because there are little slots of time that show up about the same time every day for me to fit tea into and so I do. On the weekend when I am much less scheduled, my tea schedule is the same and then purely depends on my mood.

Oh dear. I have forgotten what tea I had this morning. It's going to be one of those days. But on the up side, I continue to smell good thanks to Victoria. My hero! Uh, heroine!
:lol:

Nov 25th, '08, 11:39

by olivierco » Nov 25th, '08, 11:39

No fixed schedule for me but I have quite always tea with my breakfast and tea just when I am back from work.

Hibiki-an sencha SP (just finished another package!) right now.