Thanksgiving TeaDay 11/27/08 T is for Thanksgiving

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic will be lighter fare. Which "T" will be the most dominant in your Thanksgiving this year?

Thankfulness
13%
Togetherness
31%
Turkey
6%
Triptofan zzz
2%
Tea
12%
Travel
4%
Tv
No votes
Too much food
21%
TeaChat
No votes
oTher
12%

Total votes: 52

Nov 27th, '08, 15:18

by kymidwife » Nov 27th, '08, 15:18

OK so, since no one has poked me yet... I couldn't resist sharing the other Thanksgiving smileys I particularly liked:

Hehehehe, they crack me up.

Sarah

Nov 27th, '08, 15:26

by Space Samurai » Nov 27th, '08, 15:26

T is for Tired. I've worked for the last eight days, I worked today, and I'll work tomorrow.

Nov 27th, '08, 15:32

by geeber1 » Nov 27th, '08, 15:32

Paisley, that set is SO pretty!

Sarah,
looks like that smiley / turkey had a bit too much tea!

Nov 27th, '08, 17:01
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Nov 27th, '08, 17:01

Paisley, I love the teapot!

We've been puttering around here getting ready for guest, so I made just a tiny bit of time to have a cuppa and grab a photo. Happy Thanksgiving, and don't forget to relax!

Nov 27th, '08, 17:08

by paisleymonsoon » Nov 27th, '08, 17:08

GeekGirl: What tea is that? Matcha? It looks lovely.

Nov 27th, '08, 17:31

by Geekgirl » Nov 27th, '08, 17:31

yep, matcha in a Yamane Seigan teabowl from MagokoroDo. This teabowl is really small, probably the smallest I'm able to use and still whisk. I love the glaze, running to greens and tans. The matcha is from Ito-En, the last (almost) of my backstock, and definitely the last of my good matcha, the rest I have is mediocre or cooking grade. I will be making an order from Ippodo later on this evening or tomorrow. Yay!

Nov 27th, '08, 17:33

by Victoria » Nov 27th, '08, 17:33

Space - Sorry you have to work. :(

paisleymonsoon - Very nice, thanks for sharing!

I have to finish cooking and I seriously need tea!

Nov 27th, '08, 21:04

by Chip » Nov 27th, '08, 21:04

T is for thankful for me first and togetherness second. I woke up feeling sick this morning, trying to convince myself it was just something I ate. But it took the wind out of my sails all day.

Started the day with Chiran Yutaka Midori from O-Cha. Then had a pu-erh tou cha all day while away for the holiday.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Nov 27th, '08, 21:42

by paisleymonsoon » Nov 27th, '08, 21:42

GeekGirl:
Which of the matchas are you going to buy? I've been planning to buy some, but I don't know enough about it to know the difference between the type you'd rather cook with and the type you'd rather eat. I was hoping to do a little of both with my matcha once I found some I wanted to buy.

Nov 27th, '08, 22:46

by Cinnamon Kitty » Nov 27th, '08, 22:46

Thanksgiving is togetherness for me. I ate dinner with my fiance's family tonight, and am visiting my cousins tomorrow. My grandmother is also visiting us for a while, and I really enjoy spending time with her.

I enjoyed a few steeps of Adagio's green anji this morning. I found the tin that I left at home a while ago and it was still tasty enough. Right now, I am drinking some Earl Grey.

Nov 27th, '08, 23:09

Plague of Locusts

by treazure » Nov 27th, '08, 23:09

Well I got all our High Tea stuff together along with the roasted turkey, broccoli casserole, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, English peas, stuffing, gravy, pumpkin pies (3), huge bowl of banana pudding, not quite as large a trifle, lemon bars, cucumber sandwiches, 72, yes 72 deviled eggs, both of the big family teapots and the old family Tetley teapot which was my grandparent's teapot, then parent's, then ours and now it is theirs.

This was two of the grandsons' first encounter with hot tea and High Tea. They liked it a lot and think it would be a good thing for them to do every Sunday. Our son glared at us. I left him the family Tetley teapot he grew up with, a strainer and pound of loose black tea.

Except for maybe 4 pounds of turkey, it is GONE. Every crumb devoured like the Biblical plague of locusts had descended on it. I made 2 pots of tea before dinner and 4 more before packing up the empty bowls and plates.

My adored daughter in love is ready for Tea - Real tea made from loose rather than tea bags. I knew after 15 years of her as the perfect daughter in love that she'd develop a flaw. She likes green tea.

ACK! Oh well, I can always convert her slowly, but until then, I think I'll get her a basic green tea set up and send her to Tea Chat. She's worth it.

Had my nightly cuppa decaf and I am ready for bed. Night all.
Jeanne - I never met a tea pot I didn't like.

Nov 28th, '08, 00:15

by Space Samurai » Nov 28th, '08, 00:15

Space Samurai wrote:T is for Tired. I've worked for the last eight days, I worked today, and I'll work tomorrow.
I fear that my original post sounds a little negative. Its' been a good, quiet, and restful night, actually. I still don't want to go to work tomorrow, but I don't dread it quite as much now.

T is for thankfullness, for me.

Nov 28th, '08, 03:07

by omegapd » Nov 28th, '08, 03:07

Chip wrote: I woke up feeling sick this morning,
I hear green tea is supposed to help that. :wink:

Feel better, buddy.

Nov 28th, '08, 14:32

by Geekgirl » Nov 28th, '08, 14:32

paisleymonsoon wrote:GeekGirl:
Which of the matchas are you going to buy? I've been planning to buy some, but I don't know enough about it to know the difference between the type you'd rather cook with and the type you'd rather eat. I was hoping to do a little of both with my matcha once I found some I wanted to buy.
Probably a couple of tins of Horai-no-mukashi, and a couple of tins of Tancho-no-mukashi. The kimmo-no-mukashi is the one that usually comes in the kit, and it's pretty good as well. It's worth noting that most of the 20g tins are also available in the 40g size, but the different size has a different name. You have to read the description. Ha!

Nov 28th, '08, 15:02

by Shelob » Nov 28th, '08, 15:02

Chip, thanks for the thoughtful poll, just how in the world do you come up w/all these?

I am very thankful to Chip and his consistent work ethic to keep TeaChat the greatest tea forum out there!

I know I am a day late, just wasn't near a computer yesterday! THANKFULNESS by far for me this year, altho' all the 'Ts' would work for me. I am soooo thankful that I am healing since my fall and that I wasn't hurt where there would be permanent damage. Things are still tender, but that is to be expected.

I am very thankful to be a part of the best Tea forum out there.
I am very thankful for all the new TeaFriends I have made.
I am very thankful for the wealth of knowledge that resides here at TeaChat.
I am very thankful for TeaDay in particular, I feel very welcomed here and has helped me tremendously in my Tea Journeys.
I am thankful to be alive and well, all things considered.

Some White Peony is now brightening my day, just like Sal's Pic!/color]!

Next :arrow: :!: as Chip so eloquently says on a daily basis! {did I do that right?}