Friday TeaDay 11/28/08 Describe your fave tea w/panache?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic will require you to have some fun. I have heard many males describe their tea in terms related to describing members of the opposite sex. Soooo, please describe your FAVORITE tea in these terms.

Mysterious
12%
Comforting
31%
Sultry
No votes
Bold
17%
Exotic
5%
Smokin'
2%
Alluring
7%
Sassy
2%
Provocative
10%
Smells nice
2%
Bodacious
No votes
Seductive
7%
Hawt
2%
Voluptuous
2%

Total votes: 42

Nov 27th, '08, 23:29
Scrolling: scrolling

Friday TeaDay 11/28/08 Describe your fave tea w/panache?

by Chip » Nov 27th, '08, 23:29

Welcome TeaFriends to TeaDay Please share what is in your cup today.

Yesterday, togetherness on Thanks giving Day was by far the top answer. You can still vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

OK, Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic will require you to have some fun. I have heard many males describe their tea in terms related to describing members of the opposite sex. Soooo, please describe your favorite tea in these terms. See the poll for some options. Remember, have fun!!! :D

I am looking forward to sharing TeaDay with everyone, bottoms up!
Last edited by Chip on Nov 28th, '08, 09:03, edited 2 times in total.

Nov 28th, '08, 00:29

by Terrasi » Nov 28th, '08, 00:29

I find my tea very comforting.

I wish I could think of a clever way to use another one of those words.

Who can find a way to describe voluptuous tea?

Edit: Turns out that word is perfect.

"full of delight or pleasure to the senses"

I need to learn more words.

Nov 28th, '08, 00:47

Matcha Morning

by Salsero » Nov 28th, '08, 00:47

How about clean lines and not casting too much shadow.

Nov 28th, '08, 01:05

by geeber1 » Nov 28th, '08, 01:05

Salsero, I like the starkness of this photo, it really accentuates the detail in the whisk. I also like the lens flare in the tea bowl shadow.

I voted 'alluring' because new teas can have that mysterious quality that you can't resist. And familiar teas are also impossible to resist.

Nov 28th, '08, 01:10

by Victoria » Nov 28th, '08, 01:10

I say sometimes comforting, sometimes seductive.
And usually like it hot. Oh I mean hawt.

I think we women have a different set of terms.

Oy... Thanksgiving ... stuffed!!!!

Nov 28th, '08, 01:39

by chamekke » Nov 28th, '08, 01:39

Salsero, your matcha-and-whisk photograph is stunning!

I also love how you've shot the knot of the whisk from the side. In T.C. it's always placed so that it faces the person using it, so it's fascinating to see it in stark profile like that. Glimpsing the far side of the moon for the very first time!

Hmm, interesting poll today. I am not sure which adjective to choose, given that different teas have different characters. Maybe umami :wink:

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Nov 28th, '08, 01:43

by Salsero » Nov 28th, '08, 01:43

chamekke wrote: Maybe umami
Mmm, I think that translates to "built for comfort, not for speed."

Nov 28th, '08, 03:00

by omegapd » Nov 28th, '08, 03:00

Terrasi wrote:
Who can find a way to describe voluptuous tea?

Edit: Turns out that word is perfect.

"full of delight or pleasure to the senses"

I need to learn more words.
Me too. My mind was in the gutter also. :lol:

I guess I'll go with Bold, even though that's not something I normally look for in the opposite sex. :? Most of the black teas I enjoy are pretty bold in flavor.

EW

Nov 28th, '08, 04:23

by Rakuras » Nov 28th, '08, 04:23

As there are only two teas that fall under my absolute regime of favorites I decided to go for the more flavorful of them as I'd decline to imagine a way to describe an Earl Grey with these descriptions without thinking of a British gentleman in a dress posing very lewdly in that little eye within the mind. *shudder* Moving along I went with the Quince I've been enjoying and need to order a much larger bulk of it this time around. As much as the fragrance might be taken as the easiest way to describe it I went with voluptuous due to my inherent stick on that word due to the works of on Piers Anthony. To take it straight from the definition,
1. full of, characterized by, or ministering to indulgence in luxury, pleasure, and sensuous enjoyment: a voluptuous life.
2. derived from gratification of the senses: voluptuous pleasure.
3. directed toward or concerned with sensuous enjoyment or sensual pleasure: voluptuous desires.
4. sensuously pleasing or delightful: voluptuous beauty.
I take the first definition to be adequate for my uses in describing my favored tea. From there each can be applied independently as I doubt many would gain a r-*TWACK, CRACK, BLAM*

. . .

Ow. Note to self: mental refraining from using colorful innuendo and metaphors hurt some days. So to prevent going too deep into this I'll just sew my mouth shut and get some sleep. *THUD*

In my cup: chilled rooibos, sample #2. Need to steep these longer and with fewer resteeps as this rooibos doesn't take well to multiple steeps and my little indulgence at work has spoiled me.

Nov 28th, '08, 06:07

by Vulture » Nov 28th, '08, 06:07

As I really don't have favorites at the moment, I went with provocative. If it doesn't catch my interest and keep it, it wouldn't be a favorite.

Nov 28th, '08, 07:44

by Drax » Nov 28th, '08, 07:44

I went with mysterious. There are some qualities of great teas that my tongue is still searching for the answer.

Hm, that doesn't sound lewd at all.

:D

Adagio Oolong #Something in my cup for breakfast.

Nov 28th, '08, 08:14

by Trioxin » Nov 28th, '08, 08:14

Hawt? Been spending a little too much time on MySpace Chip?

Nov 28th, '08, 08:31

by laran7 » Nov 28th, '08, 08:31

Victoria wrote:I think we women have a different set of terms.
I really agree here. The question also kind of harks back to one about masculinity and tea drinkng. ( Very "hot" in the Oriental tradition - maybe less so elsewhere. )

I have to go with comforting - I can't think of anything as "sassy" or "provacative"
unless I am trying to describe Dennis the Menice.

Sal's photo (is beautiful ) this morning and sort of conveys masculinity and teaware. (good grief) a starkness and idealism.

Bold is good word too ( Darjeeling and Assam in my comparatively limited experience)

I always forget my choice - I'm trying to drink Matcha every morning - there's so little time!

A very fun question.

Nov 28th, '08, 09:00

by Selaphiel » Nov 28th, '08, 09:00

A tea that I could describe with one word would not be my favorite tea ;) I can try with 3 words, comforting, reassuring and inspiring.

Having a cup of Darjeeling Jungpana second flush now. Quite good, complex aroma with a fair amount of bitterness and astringency, dry feeling.

Nov 28th, '08, 09:05

by treazure » Nov 28th, '08, 09:05

All right, you asked for it. Please don't kick me off Tea Chat!

It was too dark to see him, my mysterious one, but I sensed him with every fiber of my being. My hand reached and found heat; his pure molten black gold.

The night was filled with scent, deep earthy night hinting at bliss to come. My hands shook as I took him in. Ah God, what can I say? How can I convey the almost terrifying splendor?

He was almost too hot against my tongue, his essence filling my mouth, taking every part of me. The scent was there, like being with a lover on a field under the stars, a rough blanket laid across newly tilled earth. Quiet moans of appreciation, my hands clenched in the earth as he took me beyond the stars, his body filling my very soul.

Before he left, I begged him to name himself. I felt a drop of him against my lip and licked it off, my hands reaching to find him again. In the dark a slight whisper, "Pu."

I ran after him "Pu what?" I looked everywhere, trying to find my mysterious lover in the night but without success.

My cup is empty, my heart weeps. There are so many Pu's. Which was my lover of earthy dark?

At that thought I smile. Still a woman, though of many years, but not so many years that I cannot have those thoughts. There are many Pu's. So very many. I almost purr in anticipation. The nights can be long, but I will find him again, then again I will take him into my body and drink deeply.

God I hope this doesn't get me banned. Hugs, treazure
Jeanne - I never met a tea pot I didn't like.