Saturday TeaRoom 11/29/08 What's your bag?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

What's your bag? OK, you are marooned on an island and some cargo floats ashore, good news and bad news. Suddenly you can have tea again as inside a crate is a large selection supermarket grade TeaBags! So, choose your poison?

Lipton
6%
Tetley
9%
Red Rose
28%
Bigelow
30%
Celestial Seasoning
15%
Abstain
11%

Total votes: 53

Nov 29th, '08, 22:29
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Nov 29th, '08, 22:29

omegapd wrote:
Salsero wrote: Another brick to add to the pile of disappointing puerh I bought on a whim. When will I learn? :roll:
I think we all fall in that same boat. Just today I placed an order for a couple of samples of rooibos from an Ebay vendor. Now, I've said here many times, I'm not a fan of rooibos and almost everyone I've tried, I've hated. But my thinking today was that if I keep trying them, I'll eventually find that diamond in the rough I've been looking for as a healthy caffeine free alternative to regular tea. If it doesn't work this time (again) it should kill the urge for a few more months until I give it another shot with another vendor... :roll:
Try mugicha or genmai. Easy to home roast or PM me for a home made sample. Both are caffeine free and sweet, yet toasty and grainy. There are some topics under green tea related to these.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Nov 30th, '08, 01:16

by Cinnamon Kitty » Nov 30th, '08, 01:16

I'd hope for Bigelow. I used to drink their Green tea with Mint, Mint Medley, Chamomile-Mint, and Sweet Dreams teas a lot before I switched to loose leaf. I still have a box of a few bags of each of those teas in my collection actually, for an emergency stash.

I had some Glendale Estate Handmade Nilgiri and Glendale Estate Nilgiri FOP today.

Nov 30th, '08, 03:22

by omegapd » Nov 30th, '08, 03:22

Chip wrote: There are some topics under green tea related to these.
Thanks Buddy, I'll check it out. As you can guess, I don't hang around the green forum too much. :wink:

Dec 1st, '08, 03:03

by TaiPing Hou Kui » Dec 1st, '08, 03:03

I think I would go with Celestial Seasonings........not becuase I feel any quality difference between the bags listed but I do have fond memories of my grandma making celestial seasonsing sleepy time tea for me when I was little....so if I was marooned, it might be nice to have something nostalgic to remind me of home...

-Nick (TaiPing)