Poohblah: For Sale: Inexpensive glass teaset

"Retired" Swaps SubForum

Poohblah: For Sale: Inexpensive glass teaset

Postby Poohblah » Sep 3rd, '12, 18:50

When I first started drinking tea as a hobby, I cobbled together a set of glass teaware sourced from various locations. I deliberately matched sizes to make pieces in the set work nicely with each other. However, I don't use this set much anymore, so I am selling it to remove clutter.

Includes (sizes are approximate):
  • 200mL teapot, shui ping shape, built-in 5 hole filter. Loose lid fit; tea stains on spout that are difficult to remove.
  • 100mL gaiwan, no saucer
  • 200mL faircup
  • 2x 100mL cups w/ handles
  • 350mL cup w/ handle & saucer (saucer can also be used with teapot)

I'm not willing to sell by parts; that would be too complicated. None of these pieces were more than $10 each, and this set has been well loved, so let's say... $22 shipped CONUS OBO?

If you are interested, please do not PM me, instead send an e-mail to: james [dot] g [dot] hendren [at] gmail [dot] com

Poohblah

Re: Poohblah: For Sale: Inexpensive glass teaset

Postby debunix » Sep 3rd, '12, 20:25

FYI, you can use denture tablets to remove tannin stains inside the spout of a glass teapot, although it might take more than one go to get them completely off. Also, chlorine bleach can help--less worry about it leaving residue on a glass pot than on porous ceramic!

I've had the same problem and have done both these things at times with good results.
debunix

Re: Poohblah: For Sale: Inexpensive glass teaset

Postby Poohblah » Sep 3rd, '12, 20:41

Thanks for the tips deb. I don't have either of those things handy, but I can spare room in my cupboard for a quart of bleach
Poohblah

Instant Messenger

Permissions