Oct 30th, '13, 21:31

puyuan-Unusual Teaware-Guyi Megazord Teapot and Youhu Teapot

by puyuan » Oct 30th, '13, 21:31

Dear all,

You may have heard of these two unusual designs created by Deng Ding Sou (Shou) on The Leaf magazine. I tracked down and bought these novelty teapots in early March. Both have never been used, I've only ever poured water through them to test the pouring. I had another set similar to the Guyi which I sold to a friend and I liked it very much. Deng Ding Sou's actual teaware, made of stone, commands exceedingly high prices, so I settled for second best, which are the clay pots made by a company named Tao Fang under his supervision. (My own pictures turned out hideous, courtesy of my ubercrappy cell phone, so I googled pictures to illustrate the teware. I'll leave my own at the bottom and see if I can take better pictures with a borrowed camera, per request.)

These pictures can show you how a Gu Yi teapot works - http://liquidagnostic.com/yixing-guyi-t ... n-concept/

My own version is a bit more elaborate, as it fits a pitcher with a strainer, giving it the Megazord look. This is it: Image

This here is also the set I'm selling, with the seller's instructions - http://back.taofun.com.tw/taofun/prodvi ... 3&bbegin=1

It was designed by Deng Ding Sou's associate, but I've seen the same design on his creations. It won an award in Taiwan and the certificate comes with the set. It has that, a bunch of other certificates, a certificate of safety of use from a taiwanese agency, and comes in a big box with foam to protect the pieces. Everything as it was when it left the store. As mentioned, I've only ever poured water through it. The clay is named Huang Ni - yellow clay. It seems very similar to the yellow taiwanese clay I've seen in artisan teapots from there, but the website says it's japanese in origin.

The Youhu is about 150-200ml. Unfortunately someone threw its original wooden box away. I think I still have the certificate around but I would have to check. I could send it in a very similar wooden box that encased other teaware I bought. The clay is listed as "石砂" (stone sand). This is the youhu I'm selling (there are many Tao Fang models), as per the internet:

I bought the Gu Yi for 1880 RMB. The Youhu was 900 RMB at a big discount. I'm asking 150 usd for the Gu Yi set and 55 usd for the Youhu. If bought together, 195 usd.

They were seemingly designed with oolong brewing in mind.

Shipping is from Brazil. EMS to the US, fully tracked, should be 45 for both Guyi and Youhu. The cheaper option is 29 usd for both. It's also tracked but a tiny bit slower. 15 to 30 days. I can ship to any location, just PM for a quote.

These are my own pictures, I'll try to upload better ones soon. I couldn't procrastinate with this anymore, so I chose to use these first.