Jun 18th, '15, 00:54

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by kyarazen » Jun 18th, '15, 00:54

Tead Off wrote: Thanks for posting these. They are very enjoyable to look at and the result of some hard work on your part.

Can you tell me what the numbers refer to, such as 6/4, 7/3, etc?

Thanks!
length and breadth ratio of the seal. just a useful pointer in pinpointing the exact period of the pot, but the overall is still judged on shape, material, way of making and firing.

Jun 19th, '15, 02:39

by kyarazen » Jun 19th, '15, 02:39

.m. wrote:wow, that's amazing :D
AT333 wrote:Awesome collections kyarazen! Thanks for sharing :mrgreen:
tingjunkie wrote:Awesome collection kyarazen! I particularly like those "Late Qing to ROC 3 Biandeng." :wink:
William wrote:Thanks for sharing, Kyarazen! Amazing teapots! :shock:
thanks for the kind compliments, from the "researcher" perspective these pots were quite instructive, but from a collector's point of view they are just barely at the entrance. some of the older, and more serious collectors i had known, collect only the creme of the cream, i.e. best lid fit, good firing color and mint condition, nice lid knobs (i.e. round, flat titty like, peach), and selected sought after models like 8-12 cup early 60s shuipings that were in much lower production numbers. they had the luxury to select and pick through many pieces during the 80s perhaps.

It made me wish i was much older with the chance to collect much earlier, the good times had long been over, and today its not common to be able to pick up even a piece of 60s pot (at a reasonable price) nowadays. sometimes there was a need to accept a pot with some flaw, like some warp, some chip etc due to supply inelasticities

Jun 19th, '15, 05:07

by tingjunkie » Jun 19th, '15, 05:07

kyarazen wrote: thanks for the kind compliments, from the "researcher" perspective these pots were quite instructive, but from a collector's point of view they are just barely at the entrance.
LOL. Remember who your audience is here on TeaChat. Most of us are just thrilled if we can find a useable pot with good clay without getting completely screwed on the price. If it's 80's or earlier, we're over the Moon! But hey, keep me in mind if you are looking to get rid of one of those zisha ROC biandengs since they are "barely entrance level!" I noticed you are missing a 70's hong qingshuini biandeng in your collection... (wink). :mrgreen:

Jun 21st, '15, 13:35

by kyarazen » Jun 21st, '15, 13:35

tingjunkie wrote: LOL. Remember who your audience is here on TeaChat. Most of us are just thrilled if we can find a useable pot with good clay without getting completely screwed on the price. If it's 80's or earlier, we're over the Moon! But hey, keep me in mind if you are looking to get rid of one of those zisha ROC biandengs since they are "barely entrance level!" I noticed you are missing a 70's hong qingshuini biandeng in your collection... (wink). :mrgreen:
hmm.. yixing was a steep slope but it wasnt that difficult for me to scale it with some guidance. so now i hope to translate the kindness/benevolence of my teachers towards raising the standards to which the international community look at yixing. (which was why i created the not my F1 yixing thread).

mehh! :P i think it would be quite unlikely that i would release any of my main collection so far (hard to say, but probably unlikely), and especially not the biandengs from ROC.. they are actually hong ni, but with a bit of "kiln change"/"yao bian", they became off colored :P that is slightly less common as compared to the rich clean reds of that era.

hmm.. indeed.. i'm missing quite many 70s pots :P i would love to pick up a niangao biandeng though! :D

Jun 21st, '15, 13:42

by ildurareigosa » Jun 21st, '15, 13:42

Hi friends, I think I´d wrote here in the past, but I´m not sure, usually I get the register in diferent forum and after I´ll don´t use them, provably because my english problems, I´m spanish (galician to more signals) and my engish is not too good, I habe a feww lot of yxing tea pots, Here we are not used to understand a lot about tea, we live in cafe land, but it is not my case. I´ll be so gratefull if you can say me anything about two or thee of my collection, becouse I select them only for her quality makeing tea. My name is Roberto and nice to meet you., here is the first.
I don´t know anything about her age, it works o.K. without drops, and quik, only one mark, in the top, faily dificult to read, too much worn, and no much mor that you can not see in the photos. Thanks, If it works well, I´ll send you another photos, I use oolong.
Attachments
P6210796.JPG
P6210796.JPG (11.25 KiB) Viewed 2396 times
P6210793.JPG
P6210793.JPG (17.94 KiB) Viewed 2396 times
P6210792.JPG
P6210792.JPG (18.13 KiB) Viewed 2396 times

Jun 22nd, '15, 00:15

by tingjunkie » Jun 22nd, '15, 00:15

kyarazen wrote:the biandengs from ROC.. they are actually hong ni, but with a bit of "kiln change"/"yao bian", they became off colored :P that is slightly less common as compared to the rich clean reds of that era.
Wow, I'll have to take a second look at them. I wouldn't have guessed!

Jun 23rd, '15, 02:32

by JJJ » Jun 23rd, '15, 02:32

Hi all! What are your general impressions on this one? I am considering buying it... I personally think it is beautiful and looks genuine. I love its shape. The vendor already told me the lid is airtight and it poors nicely. But what do you experts think about it? :D Thanks.
Attachments
52.JPG
52.JPG (16.42 KiB) Viewed 2353 times
$_85.JPG
$_85.JPG (33.08 KiB) Viewed 2353 times

Jun 23rd, '15, 03:32

by tingjunkie » Jun 23rd, '15, 03:32

JJJ wrote:Hi all! What are your general impressions on this one?
Hi JJJ. The Yixing showoff thread really should be for pots you already own so you can report how it performs and what kind of tea you use it for and such. Best to start your own thread for buying advice. But, since it's here, I've always loved the duo qiu shape for brewing tea.

Jun 23rd, '15, 03:39

by JJJ » Jun 23rd, '15, 03:39

tingjunkie wrote:
JJJ wrote:Hi all! What are your general impressions on this one?
Hi JJJ. The Yixing showoff thread really should be for pots you already own so you can report how it performs and what kind of tea you use it for and such. Best to start your own thread for buying advice. But, since it's here, I've always loved the duo qiu shape for brewing tea.
Ah, sorry! Maybe should have paid a little more attention to the topic title...

Jun 23rd, '15, 06:19

by tingjunkie » Jun 23rd, '15, 06:19

No worries! :wink:

Jul 1st, '15, 18:41

by steanze » Jul 1st, '15, 18:41

Looks reasonable, but it depends on the price too - I'd say under $100... but it also depends on how much you like it subjectively :)

Aug 17th, '15, 17:53

by Polyhymnia » Aug 17th, '15, 17:53

Hello all :) new here and to loose tea. Been only drinking for now about 4 months. This is my first and only yixing currently. It was bought off some fly by night seller on eBay, I can no longer seem to find them. :(

I don't have much info, it was only $15 bucks just listed as "xisha" so not too sure on makeup. It was listed as 150 ml but by my own measuring seems to be closer to 160ml if filled to the top. Sad news I didn't have it very long and dropped the lid out of the cabinet being in a rush during my daughters birthday party. It shattered in a number of pieces so I just tossed it out. The pot is still functional but now has no lid :(

Aug 17th, '15, 21:40

by kyarazen » Aug 17th, '15, 21:40

nice patina! :D

Aug 17th, '15, 22:36

by Frisbeehead » Aug 17th, '15, 22:36

Polyhymnia wrote:Hello all :) new here and to loose tea. Been only drinking for now about 4 months. This is my first and only yixing currently. It was bought off some fly by night seller on eBay, I can no longer seem to find them. :(

I don't have much info, it was only $15 bucks just listed as "xisha" so not too sure on makeup. It was listed as 150 ml but by my own measuring seems to be closer to 160ml if filled to the top. Sad news I didn't have it very long and dropped the lid out of the cabinet being in a rush during my daughters birthday party. It shattered in a number of pieces so I just tossed it out. The pot is still functional but now has no lid :(

It would still work for green and white teas pretty well. I brew those teas without the lid on all the time. Not always, it depends on the tea, but usually.

Aug 18th, '15, 14:00

by yanom » Aug 18th, '15, 14:00

I would like to show off this teapot I've just bought! And also to ask if anyone can tell me anything about it? What kind of clay it is, how old it might be.... There's a 梅 stamped inside the lid, and a seal on the bottom which I've got no idea how to decipher ... would be grateful any hints! :D
The volume is 155ml which I believe is 5.5oz.
I plan to use it for aged pu'er.
01.jpg
01.jpg (20.78 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (18.19 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
03.jpg
03.jpg (30.29 KiB) Viewed 2072 times

+ Post Reply